• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hook, Line and Sinker

People's Champ ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought into this photography thing hook, line and sinker. Can you believe this?

I went out and bought a new laptop that would fit into my new camera bag. How sick is that?

The bag maker said that it could hold a laptop with a 15.3" screen. Unfortunately laptops have 15.6" screens. Even the 14" screens would not fit because the pocket, while wide enough, is not deep enough.

Oh well, now I have Windows 8 to play with, and a touch screen to boot. So I guess I need to try writing touch apps since the Adobe software for that comes with the Creative Cloud.

artofzootography.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 529 Replies 529
Guide ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MM Murphy , save your breath.. I am not taking any private mssgs from anyone .. you got something to say to me use the forum.. here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now in the last 2 days I got Jim simon deleting my posts cause he doesnt like his web site link on the forums, I got jeff up in arms cause I dont like his lack of objectivity and overbearing attitude ( STOP IT, YOUVE BEEN WARNED ), i got todd ( the bull in a china shop ) saying " any nasty stuff said here I will delete ) ...thats scary and now MM murphy who is at least now identifying himself when he writes about how bad I am...and his threats...

Do any of you guys actually DO anything other than have your own agenda and pet peeves ( JIM, you like mac now ? )

half of you will be out of a job within 8 years... good luck ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's a good response.I can hear it now in some 'heads'...

" we contribute so much you are totally wrong ! "

here we got people who make software and write help articles about how the programs WORK and what they do with color space and so on... in other words, since there's no manuals for years now.. and help files have been lacking... the 'work' and contributions have been " helping the users get the most of the product "

and they think they should be PRAISED for THIS !  To write what should have been there to BEGIN WITH.. and tutorials ... oh lets not forget THOSE GEMS....how to do X...

I should now praise you for doing THAT ??? YOU GOTTA BE JOKING !

DONT SEND ME PRIVATE MSSGS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread has outlived its usefulness.  Locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dof thing is weird.. like I heard at first ( guys using alexa etc ) that dof was more 'narrow' than film... like less in front and behind..more critical for AC to keep focus marks during moves...so I'm not sure which way this is heading really.. like there's too much in front and behind that's out of focus..or too " little ".. My impression was digital is LESS in front and behind..more critical to keep the focus where you need it.

But that's moving stuff, like fast ... with focus marks on floor and so on... with follow focus and AC pulling that.

I haven't had a chance to deal with it yet cause right now my mouse computer is freaking out due to my intreped " tweaking" with msconfig and I have managed to twist my mouse's tail in a knot...and now I see THIS when I boot...

oh oh.jpg

Which, trust me....is not a good sign....

I called the 800 number to activate, it rang 3 times and hung up on me. So much for XP support...but then again, this day and age it's like a dinosaur even though it's probably the most widely used OS on earth.

I felt like yelling, " ACTIVATE THIS YOU CREEP ! "  but just got another beer from the fridge... now I'm really a stick in the mud. Can't see pics from SD card on computer, don't even WANT to try usb port ( without software from nikon loading properly ) and with ps7 on mouse.. oh my... time to watch TV or something and get new computer. Keep mouse as long as I can for info on it... and see what happens.

Thanks you all for tips and stuff. And Mary appreciates thoughts too. She's an angel. A bit weird but all the same.. I love her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines