• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hook, Line and Sinker

People's Champ ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought into this photography thing hook, line and sinker. Can you believe this?

I went out and bought a new laptop that would fit into my new camera bag. How sick is that?

The bag maker said that it could hold a laptop with a 15.3" screen. Unfortunately laptops have 15.6" screens. Even the 14" screens would not fit because the pocket, while wide enough, is not deep enough.

Oh well, now I have Windows 8 to play with, and a touch screen to boot. So I guess I need to try writing touch apps since the Adobe software for that comes with the Creative Cloud.

artofzootography.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 529 Replies 529
Guide ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG.. I just remembered I gotta deal with " sound " at the fire dept party...and dont know if I can get away with just wild sound using the H4n for long shots...and of course for any interview type stuff I gotta slate and use boom...which means I gotta get my new sandbags filled with sand..to put pole in stand and positiong that...

And use little shotgun on top of camera for some stuff maybe..

UG.. gotta think about this stuff and find the stuff in my walk in closet...organize stuff so I can get to it fast...

Well, got a couple weeks to figure it out.. thank goodness...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. I just realized how dumb I am....

I'm chomping at the bit to shoot and work and stuff....but to shoot stuff at the fire dept thing ( or attempt to shoot is more like it ) would be REALLY STUPID.

I'm just gonna go there with the olympus tg1 and " scout "...shoot stills and get some ideas.

Then next year when they do it again I'll shoot for real...

I sorta lost my mind there for a minute...thinking I'd go and shoot off the cuff like that... what a jerk.

It will be more fun for me too, cause I can meet people and do this right...get back into my timeline and script during the year and KNOW what I need etc... instead of playing it by ear like some whacko.

I also have a car load of stuff ( last load ) out there in the rainy parking lot..and started looking around apt to see where to PUT stuff...and ...

Steve, you're right.. I gotta get shelves in the walk in closet...right away...

So tomorrow I'll go to the local 'true value' hardware store and see what they got for free standing shelves. I measured what I need and will check it out...buy that stuff, empty closet, re pack and bring in last load also.... should work out okay.

I know they have the commercial steel free standing stuff that I can adjust as per needs.. and I'll probably go with that stuff.

This whole move thing has become a little overwhelming at times.. so the free standing shelves should alleviate some of the freaky feeling that I have more stuff than I can FIT into the space I now have.

Plus, I can have access to the photo stuff fast... as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might check for free shelving that screws to the wall for stability.

The last thing you want is to wake up in the middle of the night

to find all your new stuff in a smashed pile on the closet floor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, the free standing stuff ( its like commercial steel stuff you see in warehouses and garages) has 4 legs, so you can level it ( plumb ) and then put 2 anchors into top to wall and you're good to go....

thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/fasteners/Anchors/Expansion-Anchors/lokbolt-as-sleeve-expansion-an...

wow, what a link !

This sorta thing works good..depending on wall you got...obviously dry wall is no good, can use butterfly for that instead...

but basically you drill out the hole put this in, crank down on nut which expands the anchor...and when you've got good torque on the expansion you back off the nut totally.. take it 'off' and then put your stuff there..( thing to attach like plate, leg of shelf, whatever ) and bolt it to wall using that same nut... maybe with washer...

know what I mean ? it's pretty cool stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cougar, currently loaded with one last batch of stuff from old apt...in parking lot next to the very manly trucks of locals from the country. Cougar is a city car...is having a slight identity psychic transformation.. not exactly a 'crisis' ...more like a ' transition '...you have to know the cougar to appreciate this.

cougar.jpg

shooting thru screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE MOUSE !!!!!

TheMouse.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GUESS WAHT ? ITS BERE THIRTY !!!

YIPEEE !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cougar is holding it's own, in the parking lot...fully loaded with the last move stuff ( printer, film scanner, show card in trunk, etc...)

The manly trucks come and go, but the cougar maintains it's composure.

However, this is a new quirk...I was told that I can have a small pet dog here. Not a large dog. I prefer a medium sized dog...like a yellow lab would be cool...kinda like Yanna was ( currently in dog heaven ).

Here's some old codger from the backyard lake area moseying out into the front of the building to the main road...with his small dog...looks like maybe one of those furry things with big floppy ears ?? Anyone know what it is ??? Hard to tell from this shot..but I was in a hurry ....

WalkDog.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will probably have to get back into this forum under an assumed name at some point in the future... as I will no doubt piss off the libertarian who is in fact a pessimist...can't get into the fine points of philosophy etc.

Suffice it to say that the time I am allowed to be me is short lived.

If this scares you move back...away from it.

It dont matter cause when I get new computer and install cs6, I'm gonna update it ( plus update win7 ) and after THAT I have no reason to be here anymore until I can contribute something to the workflow problems or creative solutions..

At THAT point I can log in as someone else and try to hide my identity ? Will I want to contribute that badly ?  After all, CS6 is here and archived.. I can get info I need without being a member.

Do I need more? Will the forum remain ? I doubt it.... it doesnt make finacial sense..the servers with all these stupid images etc taking up space etc..

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will probably have to get back into this forum under an assumed name at some point in the future

Hopefully, there won't be a need to do that.  It would mean the loss of a well-established persona that is recognizable by many members here, and that would be a shame. 

when I get new computer and install cs6, I'm gonna update it ( plus update win7 ) and after THAT I have no reason to be here anymore until I can contribute something to the workflow problems or creative solutions.

Your contributions now are centered more on production experiences and social interaction than on strictly Premiere Pro solutions, so if that's what you really enjoy about this place, then a change in hardware or Pr versions shouldn't make that big a difference. 

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

We have already suffered through the loss of RoboDog (due to sign-in issues), so we do not want to loose Able123 (though I was more a fan of the RoboDog moniker).

I will also be withdrawing some, as things are going to go to CC, from CS, and I will not be able to work on questions with that software. Such is life, but maybe I need to get on with mine?

Most of all, I want to be able to follow your Mound, MN project, and will tolerate a few diversions to moving, etc., but really care about your video.

Also, you and Steven, specifically, have gotten me to thinking a bit more seriously about my photography. I had almost completely abandoned that, focusing mainly on "happy snaps," with cameras, that I could cram into my briefcase, when flying CRJ-200's and ERJ-145's. It's time that I got away from my laptop's screen, and grabbed my Nikons.

Stick around,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are supposed to help me with the soundtrack if you haven't forgotten...but I know that's in the experimental stage ( imagination wise ). That can't happen without more interaction on the fly once the script is done, and we still have to work out some way to share information really FAST..

The suggestion about FTP fell flat..you never got that done.

I can't afford to depend on you if you aren't real about it so we have to figure that out or forget it.. I can't be less than fully committed...sp?

I am spending every last penny on the camera, lights, cs6 and computer to run cs6.. this is no joke.. I'm talking every last dollar I have... to get into working... really...so joking is fun but I can't abide  games...

Jeff, dont send me private mssgs...

[profanity removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, dont send me private mssgs..

Private messages are an important moderation tool.  Would you prefer I make my comments to you public?  I can work with that if you can.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

the FTP info I gave you earlier is not good anymore.. I have to set up a new FTP site with new password and Id if you want to test that for sharing files to work with my on soundtrack.

The thing is... I cant see doing that AFTER the fact.. in other words, AFTER the film is shot...and some music happens to fit the thing.

IMO this has to be a work that happens at the same time the film is MADE ( imagined ) at least as much as possible. I know I am asking a ton ...as I am not at the point where I can hire a composer and make this happen from the get go.. like a real 'movie'

But this is just a documentary... 30 min about...so it shouldnt be THAT hard to get moving on some of that before hand .... and during... and at the end...

In other words, work with me on it...

????

anyway, you've already done so much to help me I feel horrible pressing you on this issue but I cant be half assed about it cause it will take a year to do and it has to be good... or else I wont ever show it to anyone... and I have to do THAT... otherwise whats the point ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodney,

I have not forgotten, and have actually acquired some more SmartSound material, that I though might be useful for your Project.

I am standing ready, but will be touring the Burgundy Region of FR, from May 31, through June 13. Still, I promise that while imbibing on great FR Burgs, I WILL be thinking about the music.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Don't worry. When the time comes, we will work it all out. I am on-board.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I also sent Rod a PM, as some odd things seem to be happening, and I cannot figure out what the heck it is.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, thanks Bill. I'll count on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

If I get to help I have a VideoBlocks account. At least until October, I think it is.

Once you are close to needing audio, you go into VideoBlocks and check them all out. Then, when you sign up for a free week, you get twenty downloads per day. To play it safe you quit after 6 days, but nonetheless, if you can't make do with over 100 audio clips, you are in bad shape!

But if I am helping then I think I can use any of the clips I want.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how cool...

After I get the ext drive out of the car ( its raining again today ) I'll do a file list of music sample "titles" I kinda think are good for several "threads" of the story subplots ( the homesteaders, the hermit , the hotel and train tycoons etc ).

In other words I either gotta get permissions to use these things ( unlikely since they are french and I have no clue who has the rights ) or else find 'similar' types of music ...

Or get suggestions and so on, as this will be a work in progress..

I can't do the film and THEN add music...it's gotta sorta be scripted too.

As for the rubber band...how misled of you to suggest I continue to have problems like a person wearing a full arm cast from ski accident...when I PAN !

HA !  I have been practicing with a flashlight on the head, making circles and figure 8's and X shapes etc on the wall... and am quite excellent now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you dont believe me about the rubber band thing being silly ( for fluid head )...go to your local 600 " general membership meeting " in your home town...they allow visitors...but you can't vote on stuff.

Suggest to those sitting near you that rubber bands are a great way to make smooth pans...and tilts etc..see what happens.

https://www.cameraguild.com/Home.aspx

hehe.. but seriously... you'll learn a LOT going to things like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yippee !! My SS payment got deposited today...and I can now afford the new computer !!!!!

Sorta...

I mean I have to print out the list(s) from Dave and John and Steve... and go to the local micro center and see what I can get there ( as they may not have exact same stuff etc. ).. and then see if they can build it for me for $150... including I guess installation of win 7...with my specs for that ( drive partitions and so on )... hmmm.. I hope I meet someone there who is really smart. I wish Harm worked there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drive partitions and so on

I hope that you are using the term "drive partitions" in some odd way. You do NOT want to partition any HDD on your new computer. If you need more drives, add physical drives (either HDD, or SSD), but do NOT partition anything. Possible exception might be for a tiny "Recovery" partition on your boot drive, as that would only be used to recover, and will not see any activity in normal operation. Personally, I would ask for a bootable DVD for Recovery.

Good luck, and glad to hear about he check,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, exactly.. no partitions and so on.. in other words I hope I meet someone who can write up the order and build it and install the OS and do it according to my specs or desire or whatever you call it.. so I dont have to start over and reinstall the OS... I just wanna make sure the parts are working as planned when I pick it up from store.. meaning, I recognize all the parts through hardware in control panel etc.

Hopefully I can then put scratch disk and size where i want, have indexing off, no partitions etc.. like you did with ADK

edit.. for all I know there may be dip switches and stuff that has to be dealt with as well.. to make it the way I want it.. so I'm hoping someone is there who is smart enough to make what I want... does that make sense ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines