• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Add a Green Screen to Cell Phone/Laptop (for beginners).

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woud like to learn how to add a green screen to a cell phone/laptop. There are hundreds of YouTube videos that show how to key out and track a green screen onto a cell phone/laptop, but I am unable to find any videos to show how the green screen is first placed on the cell phone/laptop. If anyone has any beginner videos for me to follow, please. advise. Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Thanks for the ideas. I found an app called "Tracking Marker" (Ambassadors) that does exactly what I was looking for, 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green (or blue) screen is a technique where you film a person in front of a coloured screen and then using your editing software you replace that colour with a different image. Not quite sure what you mean by:

'I am unable to find any videos to show how the green screen is first placed on the cell phone/laptop'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to learn how was the green added to this cell phone. 

GS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A real phone or a phone in an image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A real phone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the ideas. I found an app called "Tracking Marker" (Ambassadors) that does exactly what I was looking for, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @salvo34 is correct when they say a locked off shot will make life easy!

What you can do however is easily add some movement into the shot

AFTER you've finished the compositing of what's going on the screen.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand now. I would cut a bit of sticky backed plastic to fit the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You basically draw a selection to match the area of your phone or laptop screen and turn that into an alpha channel. It doesn't need a green screen for chromakey alpha. In fact that would be silly ( to put greenscreen on laptop ). The best way is to lock off the camera and phone laptop. NO MOVEMENT. That solves two major problems. You don't have to track the selection and you also don't need to track what you place into the alpha channel to match the movement of camera, laptop.

Imagine no alpha channel at all... and you just put something over the laptop screen ( new image in place of screen ). It's easiest to do with no movement of camera or laptop.

Now, let's say you want to use your phone as video camera and see what you shot with the phone by putting it over the screensize. Then you can just put what you shot over the screen and you're done. But if you have to track it it gets to be more work.

For you probably AE would be best to do this stuff if you need to track stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that's wonderful that you found solution.

Personally I think you might have been misled re: what tracking markers are for and what you described as your desired solution for laptop screen ( and green screen).

Although putting glue on your screen and some green plastic is probably a good solution ( if you can light it as chromakey green with matching WB ), I'm thinking mask is the way to go.

Tracking markers are a whole different animal. Basically tracking markers ( with know distances between them to triangulate CGI with live action ) is for making stuff like scary monsters ( Juraisic Park, Godzilla, Xmen, and Marvel Superheros ) run around scaring or saving people.

Good luck !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines