• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't understand why Adobe is like this now.

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Adobe is like this now. In the past I was always excited for software upgrades but now we live in constant fear of updates and are forced to be a year behind on a product we are paying for. I don't get it.

I think it's a problem that includes almost every industry these days. Companies seem perfectly fine with almost-good-enough products rather than taking pride in exceptional and complete products. I think the workforce is now more interested in working at a cool office with ping pong tables and napping rooms than it is actually producing something that works. I know that makes me sound like a cranky old man but I have seen it first hand.

It is 100% true that Adobe uses us, their professional paying customers, as beta testers and it's just not right.

The stock answer of "only update between jobs" doesn't fly when you literally never have a "between jobs" moment.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the workforce is now more interested in working at a cool office with ping pong tables and napping rooms than it is actually producing something that works.

That's what 30 years of Liberal, Progressive philosophy produces.  Entitled kids who are offended at every little thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I disagree that "liberal" has anything to do with it but I do believe there has been a major shift in the attitude of the work force. Attention spans are almost non-existent and the ability to follow through suffers because of it. Politics has nothing to do with any of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines