• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imagine Dragons Make the Cut submission problem

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I attempted uploading my Imagine Dragons music video yesterday for the Make the Cut competition. I filled out all the forums and uploaded my file. I clicked submit and was told my file size is too large. Okay, shouldn't be a problem. So I closed the tab, re opened Premiere Pro, exported my video to fit the proper size. I go back to the Make the Cut submission page and fill out all the information again, using the same info and email address. I upload my new smaller file and click submit. But when I click submit it says that I have already submitted my video and that each person may only submit one entry. But, I was never even allowed to submit my first video because it was too large. That's why I got this smaller one. So now I am unsure of what to do. I thought maybe I could just use a different email address, but then I became concerned that the judges would see two of the same video, think that I am cheating, and disregard both videos from the contest altogether. I haven't tried submitting it again since yesterday and I will try again when I get home today, but I am hoping that somebody will have an idea or solution to this especially since the deadline is in a couple of days!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Below is some information that the team sent me regarding issues people may be having while uploading their completed music video to the Make the Cut website:

Sorry for the inconvenience! We have received various file types from users around the world without any issues. If your video is close to 200 MB, try compressing it a little bit more. Sometimes the file weight can be inaccurate within a few MBs. Try using another codec to see if it works better for you. You might also try reloading the con

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mfrit99 - Contact the support team for MakeTheCut and explain the issue with uploading. Their contact/email is located at the bottom of Adobe - Make the Cut,​ scroll to bottom of webpage and select "Click for Support."

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please refresh your browser or try a different one, and try to upload again per the specs. If that doesn't work, you might try a different computer, if you can get access to one. If that fails, you can contact the support account for this contest: adobemakethecut@gmail.com. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like alot of people are having upload problems... Well add me to the list. I've been trying to upload for 2 days now. I've tried just about every format listed all were under the 200mb cap. I've tried from different 4 different computers and 3 different networks. Same upload message everytime... "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." I pretty sure this issue is on Adobe's end. I've worked to hard and too long on the video to stop now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is some information that the team sent me regarding issues people may be having while uploading their completed music video to the Make the Cut website:

Sorry for the inconvenience! We have received various file types from users around the world without any issues. If your video is close to 200 MB, try compressing it a little bit more. Sometimes the file weight can be inaccurate within a few MBs. Try using another codec to see if it works better for you. You might also try reloading the contest site or using a different computer and browser. Thanks for your patience as you work to get your file uploaded.

You can reach our support team at adobemakethecut@gmail.com for additional questions. They will get back to you ASAP. It’s possible your submission was, in fact, received despite your receiving the error message. We can verify that fact if you forward your submission email to our support team. Hope this helps!

[EDIT: Post updated with latest update from the contest team.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem guys. Today is the last day. 5 mail to the support team. They never helped. I have tried 2 different computers on 2 different browsers. Only the arrows are turning! My file size 194mb and mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only imagine that they are getting a lot of uploads and that may be causing problems. If you emailed them, then you logged that you were trying to upload so that should count for something. What H.264 preset did you pick in Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-09 at 01.57.02.jpeg

Now try to download from the phone and this screen is output. Does it mean success to contest? I want to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DicleSozbir: It looks like you successfully entered the contest — but to be sure, please email the Gmail address posted at the top of this forum thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should i write?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Make the Cut team is monitoring this forum post, so they may get in touch with you directly. But otherwise you could email them and give them your Adobe ID and name of your output file to confirm that they got it today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dicle,

We have confirmed that your video submission has been successfully received. Thanks for participating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We are reviewing challenges for a small group of users in uploading by the deadline and will respond to those who have already emailed us in the next 24-48 hours. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, We are reviewing challenges for a small group of users in uploading by the deadline and will respond in the next 24-48 hours to those who have already emailed us. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines