• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOVE & COMPLAINT LETTER TO ADOBE!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been an Adobe user for 20+ years. Mainly on mac. 

First off, I have to thank Adobe for giving me an amazing career in the creative field. 

Everyday doesn't seem like work because I'm loving what I do. and using Adobe's tools is what

gets the job done...

but that's the thing, getting it done. It's hard to get it done when Premiere and After Effect crash and crash and crash. Autosave not working when it says "it's trying", then loosing a ton of "creative choice" work in even a 20min time period. Why release an update with issues like this? More serious testing needs to be done on the new OS systems before releasing updates. 

I know it must be difficult to make programs like Adobe does. But please Adobe, stop making huge updates to your programs every year. Fix the crashing that Premiere has had for years & years. A lot of people I know are abandoning Premiere and moving to Davinci, cause of its stability and speed. Now Davinci is even including a new effects tab to start creating After Effects style VFX and animations. 

I love Adobe and don't want to leave. Please, just slow down a take a breath. All of us creatives need it and it seems like you do too.

P.S. Adobe, look into the audio program Ableton Live. Their autosave feature is amazing. It has never failed me, cause it's always autosaving.  

Thank you,
101 Exit
Mac Pro (2019)<br />3.2 GHZ 16-Core Intel Xeon W<br />160 RAM<br />2TB SSD<br />AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB>MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7<br />Mac Pro (2019)<br />3.2 GHZ 16-Core Intel Xeon W<br />160 RAM<br />2TB SSD<br />AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Short answer: with the massive user-base of this app, they can't replicate in-house every OS/gear/media/plugins/workflow/other-apps-on-machine situation of the user base. What they can't replicate they can't see or fix ... so they need data. Specific and detailed on user troubles.

Please post your troubles on their UserVoice system, including details of your system, gear, media, plugins, and problems. Every post filed there is read by at least one engineer, and all posts are collated and sent

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Video Lounge forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so evry post you don't like you move them to "video lounge forum" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clemzy ... jeez ...

The Premiere Pro forum is for specific problems and help requests.

The Video Lounge is for general conversation and discussion of editing issues and involving Adobe products.

So moving a general discussion to the Lounge is the appropriate place within these forums for that discussion. Typical forum practices that I've seen for many different products and user groups over the last 20+ years.

It has nothing whatever to do with "like". And note, like most any other regular here, I've posted rather strong criticisms of various tools and mis-steps for these apps myself at times. I encourage rants at times ... and have done them. If you could go back to when they (in my opinion, stupdidly) discontinued support for SpeedGrade, you'd see some truly epic and pointed rants. But they were still on-point for use of the apps.

And I routinely suggest to users that they might best serve their clients with another app if they've being hammered in getting stuff out the door with Premiere.

These are tools. We're adults ... and can choose which tool to use. And should also figure out how to effectively work for change in tools that we feel are worth the effort. And ... move on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you shouldn't get upset like that I was just digging this "video lounge" to see if other similar post was move to here too. I don't spend my day as you seems to do on adobe forum... seems you like to have the "the last point" as we said in France... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wishform is a dead link, Johh. Please send users to User Voice

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: with the massive user-base of this app, they can't replicate in-house every OS/gear/media/plugins/workflow/other-apps-on-machine situation of the user base. What they can't replicate they can't see or fix ... so they need data. Specific and detailed on user troubles.

Please post your troubles on their UserVoice system, including details of your system, gear, media, plugins, and problems. Every post filed there is read by at least one engineer, and all posts are collated and sent up to the upper managers who decide budgets by metrics. This is one of their main ways of getting metrics, so ... it is important for all users with issues to file complaints there.

Long answer ...

Apparently you've not noticed (most people clearly haven't) ... but the last couple "cycles" of Premiere hasn't included any set of massive new toys. Why?

Because working on stability/bugs/performance has been the main goal since Patrick Palmer became the head of all Adobe video apps not yet two years ago. And last year he hired a guy named Ivo Manalov to head rebuilding their entire team to do a better job of 'clean' development catching things early ... and also fixing things what get out into the wild. Even the engineers who's work has changed that I've met at Adobe MAX last, fall love what he's done to and with their internal workflow.

Patrick, Ivo, and a couple engineers were at Adobe's huge MAX conference last fall for anyone to visit with, and they spent some time with the ACPs that specialize in Premiere that were there. And as we're the volunteers on this forum that deal with all the crud that this app can give users, and frequently have some of the same issues ourselves, that means they got some very specific, very pointed questions.

Ivo said the good news was they've worked through a massive list of stability/performance/bug issues that had built up through the years. He was very pleased with that effort. Their figures for number of users that are working without issue is well up from what it was.

The bad news ... this app runs on many thousands of systems a day, across the widest set of machines, devices, media, and plugins of any NLE. They have X number of machines in-house, and of course Y number of machines in beta testers. So ... relative to the user base, the number and variety of machines that it is built and tested on is not ... large.

That presents a massive problem: they simply cannot predict the variety and interactions that users get with the gear, media, OS, and other software across all users. What they can't do in-house, what they can't "see" ... they can neither predict nor fix. So ... they have a relatively small subset of users  who are having issues from annoying to getting completely hammered.

But set against the massive number of total users, a "relatively small subset" is still a large chunk of people. Most of whom are having issues the engineers cannot replicate in-house. So ... they need detailed problem/bug reports.

One of the engineers who reads every one of those was there at MAX. His biggest complaint ... not nearly enough detail in most bug/peformance-issue posts for him to get any feel for exactly what is happening on what type systems under what circumstances. "This is broke ... fix it!" Just isn't very helpful. Even just saying "Warp isn't working right fix it stupid!" isn't helpful. Because they need data on your details to be able to do the basic troubleshooting steps required to track things down.

So ... please, for all us users! ... file detailed reports on the UserVoice system for your troubles. Give the engineers enough data to assess why/when/where/how/what is going on for X to happen. And give the upper managers some metrics so they hire more engineers!

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Neil. That was avery informative reply and should answer most peoples conerns regarding instability issues

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines