• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make the Cut- Sharing Submission on Youtube

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question- I've noticed a lot of people have been sharing their Imagine Dragons contest submissions on Youtube. I'd really like to do the same, but I'm afraid it might result in disqualification. Is it possible for one of the moderators to give a definitive answer on this? Good luck to everyone!

-Amy McClung

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

From https://www.makethecut.adobe.com/en/

"Entry may not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends, and family) through any means."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From https://www.makethecut.adobe.com/en/

"Entry may not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends, and family) through any means."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this written in the rules, but wondered if I had misinterpreted, since so many have been posted publicly on Youtube already. I'll take this as a firm no, then? Thanks for clarifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rules are very clear. Anyone who posted on YouTube is either

(a) an idiot who is at risk of being disqualified; or

(b) ineligible due to age or geography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was strongly against uploading to YouTube until I saw an entrant defend himself in the comments section saying that "the contest period ended on April 8." I went back to the rules and he is correct, its in the opening statement. What are everyone's thoughts on this? It would be nice to get an Adobe rep in to confirm whether or not we are NOW allowed to upload and share our entries...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that same comment, and I was wondering the same thing! I messaged them on Tuesday, to confirm if this was true but haven't heard back. I suspect it's fine at this point, but I would rather hear it from an official source just to be safe. Hopefully, I'll hear something before the weekend. I'll share here, if/when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting aside whether posting to YouTube would risk your eligibility, doing so would violate the copyright terms of the contest:

11. RELEASE AND GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive license to use the Sponsor Files solely in connection with, and solely as a part of, the Contest, (b) entrants shall have no right, title or interest in the Sponsor Files, and (c) any use of the Sponsor Files other than as permitted by these Official Rules may infringe upon Sponsor's intellectual property rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official response from Make the Cut team:

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi Amy,

Usage of footage for purposes other than contest entry is prohibited and should not be shared beyond your immediate circle of friends and family. You may include your entry in your personal portfolio, including Behance after the contest period.  You'll notice that some people are sharing via YouTube at their own risk.  We don't expect any legal action to be taken, but it's your call.

Thanks for checking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of my videos are on YouTube or Vidme so my personal porfolio is my YouTube channel....

What about a video that isn't monetised?  Isn't that just making it part of my portfolio along with all my other videos as I'm not making money off of it?  YouTube is where they are all are - I don't go and shove them on Behance or anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

For clarification, you are correct that usage of footage for purposes other than contest entry is prohibited and should not be shared beyond your immediate circle of friends and family. You may, however, include your entry in your personal portfolio, including Behance now that the contest is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines