• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

News on Premiere Next at Adobe Max

Advocate ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join us today at our #AdobeMAX keynote, live at 9:30 a.m. PT with CEO Shantanu Narayen and SVP @DWadhwani: http://adobe.ly/AdobeNext

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1857 Replies 1857
People's Champ ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How apropos.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dont send me private messages Jeff, I wont read them, you dont exist to me anymore.. I'm serious. you should resign from your position because you're not able to be objective or effective IMO..but thats ALL I'll say to you again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I see another personally insulting message on this thread, I will delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim enjoy your "coooool, cooool" cloud.

But don´t call people paranoid or irrational or childlike.

People like me are workig intensive with software 10 hrs a day.

I am responisble to many clients paying much money to me.

They want me to bring good work and they want access to their files and results for many years.

I´m the person who has to guaranty.

And with this license model i can´t guaranty anything. Because no one can tell me if I can pay my fees in a couple of years.

Adobe will not provide a buy-out plan.

If I can´t pay Adobe simply spits on me.

I can have a look on my files icons in the finder. Thats all.

If you are that cloud generation child. Liking sniffers like facebook, twitter and all the others.

Life your life and be happy. Collect your clouds from Apple, Google, Adobe, and all the others.

I´m a professional nad I have my own for that smal fields where it is necessary.

All the rest is local and fast. And my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rainschub wrote:

They want me to bring good work and they want access to their files and results for many years.

I´m the person who has to guaranty.

And with this license model i can´t guaranty anything. Because no one can tell me if I can pay my fees in a couple of years.

Adobe will not provide a buy-out plan.

Hi rainschub,

Please file your complaints with Adobe management here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don´t call people paranoid or irrational or childlike.

It's not the people, it's just some of the arguments being made.

And with this license model i can´t guaranty anything.

As Jeff pointed out earlier, you can't really guarantee that forever even with the perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me why - over 500 threads here.

The license agreement guaranties. It´s more a problem to keep a whole system alive

(And by the way - lifetime isn´t necessary, but in case of Freehand I use it more than 10 (12?) years over it´s official end)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason R Brandt wrote:

Okay. The rational fear is, I join the cloud. 3 years from now, after amazing updates and added features, I can no longer afford to pay. I lose everything (program wise) that came after CS6. I can no longer use it, it is simply gone. Features that I may have been marketing to my customer due to the new features are now gone, and I am now thrown 3 years into the past as far as the programs go.

I've heard this line of argument a few times and I have to ask, how bad is business that you can't pay $50/mo for your primary business software?  I'm thinking at this point there are a lot of other things you can't afford, the absence of which will also put you out of business.  Be honest with yourself and ask in all seriousness how likely it is for you to fall into such dire straights.  I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say this, but if it really gets that bad you should look for another line of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have no problem to pay 50 $ a moth.

I will decide to pay and to use the software I want.

I don´t want a company which left me without full access to my files after end of subscription!

And iI want a free market! If there will be a new company with software better and finer updated than that one of adobe I will be able to change (without paying a few years longer to have file access)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s not a possibility

It is what it is.

You can have a look to your nice finder icons in that case.

InDesign eg was never directly compatible to its past version.

You can convert thousands of files to pdf in case of ending your subscription.

Never get out of money for Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

I guess I'm just not a cynic.  I've been using the Cloud for a year, and from where I sit, most (not all) of what I see is here is just plain paranoia.

I'm not paranoid Jim, I just want to be able to continue using the software I paid for (all the way up to CS6) AND the upgrades (CC) I have paid for from here on until I want / have to stop paying for more upgrades.

Unless I die unexpectedly (which could happen to any of us), at some point I may want to stop using (and paying rent for) the Adobe Suite on a "full time professional" basis and relax in to a slower pace of life. I may or may not have the spare budget to continue with the upgrades, at which point I will be told "sorry, the software you've been using and paying for all these years is no longer available to you, but hey, you can see if your 5 or 10 year old CS6 will run on the current OS if you like".

Having paid the equivelent (or higher) price of an 'upgrade' each and every year, on top of the hue sum to buy in to Adobe in the first place, Adobe have now changed the 'deal' I 'thought' I was buying in to when buying that perpetual license.  Such thoughts were reasonable given the history of yearly / bi-anual upgrades. 

A couple of years ago you could have paid your money then chosen to stop at CS5.  A year later you could have paid some more money then stop at CS5.5, and so on up to CS6.  Now we're being told to have to keep paying but you can't get past CS6 and have anything you can keep once you stop the perpetual payments.

If I (and many others) had known a year ot two ago that this is where things were headed we could have saved a LOT of $ on buying the perpetual licenses and either gone with the cloud or gone elsewhere.

You may call this irrational thinking, you may call it paranoia.  I call it unacceptable.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to be able to continue using the software I paid for (all the way up to CS6) AND the upgrades (CC) I have paid for from here on until I want / have to stop paying for more upgrades.

I've no argument with "wanting it".  I want things out of PP, too.  So...make your feature request, and then decide.  Move to the Cloud, or move to another NLE.  It's the fear of what might happen in 10 years time that take issue with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call it unacceptable.

Me too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason R Brandt wrote:

The point is Adobe does not care if I, in the majority of their customers, am happy. They do not care what I, in the majority of their customers, want.

I don't think they care any more or any less than other profit centered corporation (which describes all major players).  This pricing model is either going to work or it isn't.  Adobe, like any corporation will respond accordingly.  As others have mentioned, vote with your dollar and leave it at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they absolutely can (and should) drop Adobe now. Now it is still an option. But when they have made their life's work on Adobes Cloud, they have to keep paying no matter what Adobe does to them. Adobe will have all the power and can do what it pleases. And what is the purpose of a stock company? Make money any way you can, as much as you can. I don't like the idea of being at the mercy of a stock company.

To take it to your electric bill comparison: it would be as if the electric company would force me to buy only devices that work with their special kind of electricity. After ten years my house would be full of devices that I could only use if I stuck with the same company. They could raise the price forever and I still couldn't afford to leave because all my things would stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the idea of being at the mercy of a stock company.

So you're a Linux guy running OpenOffice and Gimp rather than Office and Photoshop, with no phone, electricity or Internet service?

Respect, man.  (But it begs the question of not only why you're posting here, but how?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but as a Windows man I can subscribe to Office 365 for a reasonable cost yet Adobe are just after ripping the users off with excessively high pricing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but as a Windows man I can subscribe to Office 365 for a reasonable cost

Meh...as an OpenOffice user, paying anything for Office software is an unreasonable cost to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did choose Android exactly because it's open. If Google does something stupid with Android, the community can fix it.

I have also switched to Blender instead of AE. It's an amazing program with physics and all that integrated. And yes, I'm writing this on a linux (allthough I also have several windows machines). And I chose to install Linux because I didn't want to be at the mercy of Microsofts new windows 8 UI decisions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did choose Android exactly because it's open.

Yes, but your service provider is a publicly traded company.  And you still need that electricity from the publicly traded company to charge your Android device and run your Linux machine.  And you still need either Microsoft or Apple to run Adobe software, so if you're here complaining, you are at the mercy of stock companies.  (Hell if you eat food, chances are your at the mercy of a stock company.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but your service provider is a publicly traded company.

I have nothing against publicly traded companies. I love capitalism. I just don't want to be at the mercy of such a company. My service provider I can always change. I have never bought jail-locked phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't want to be at the mercy of such a company.

I think Ted Nugent  may be the only person on the planet who isn't, so...it's a poor argument here.  In some way, shape or form, you're dependant on a publicly traded company.

(And for the record, I'm very much against Capitalism.  I think a Production based economy is the better way, where you only get something if you produce something with exchange value and then exchange it.  But that's a rant for another forum.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but your service provider is a publicly traded company.  And you still need that electricity from the publicly traded company to charge your Android device and run your Linux machine.  And you still need wither Microsoft or Apple to run Adobe software, so if you;re here complaining, you are at the mercy of stock companies.  (Hell if you eat food, chances are your at the mercy of a stock company.)

Is it really that hard to understand: I'm not the mercy of anyone, when I can always vote with my wallet. Usually in life you can change your service provider when you find a better one. Not so with creative cloud. You are stuck forever if access to your projects means something to you. Simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are stuck forever if access to your projects means something to you.

Probably more accurate to say that you are tied to Adobe for as long as they keep up the subscription model and you need to access Adobe project files.

I'm OK with that, but I'm one of those editors who doesn't go back to older project very often.  Mostly I finish and move on to the next.  I'm genuinely surprised that so many of you go back to older project often enough for this to be a concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably more accurate to say that you are tied to Adobe for as long as they keep up the subscription model and you need to access Adobe project files.

Which will probably be forever if people are stupid enough to buy into it. It's the perfect money making machine for Adobe if they can get people in.

I'm OK with that, but I'm one of those editors who doesn't go back to older project very often.  Mostly I finish and move on to the next.

I do this too with client projects. However I also have several artistic projects that I don't have the time to work on very often (mostly during holidays). And these projects are very dear to me and I love working with them when I can find the time to do that. So yes, I need to access old project files. And I have the feeling I'm not the only one who works on some longer projects on the side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines