• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

News on Premiere Next at Adobe Max

Advocate ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join us today at our #AdobeMAX keynote, live at 9:30 a.m. PT with CEO Shantanu Narayen and SVP @DWadhwani: http://adobe.ly/AdobeNext

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1857 Replies 1857
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>can't be that hard technically

That would be true if technical people were running the company... which I doubt

Somewhere in all of this Cloud discussion someone posted comments about Adobe's recent (stock?) filing... in which the switch to the Cloud was discussed

My eyes glaze over when realing legalize... but my (not very good) understanding is that Adobe EXPECTS some people to leave, but the expectation is ALSO that more new customers will come on than will leave... so the company makes more money

If I was a business, so I could weigh $50 a month against income, I would probably think the Cloud is a good deal

Since I do not make money from my video hobby, the Cloud is a bad deal... for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all of you keeping this alive.  Adobe's decisions will hopefully influence other companies who may pick up where Adobe- if they decide- leaves some of its customers.  Competition in the market place is good.  When Adobe dropped Mac on Premiere in 2003, Apple said send us your Premiere install discs and we will send you a copy of FCexpress ($300) or $300 off of FCP.  When FCPX came out Adobe was making some nice offers- I believe 1/2 off to users of FCP.  I am sure that Avid, Vegas, and Apple are watching what is happening.  Also, where will those products be in a few years?  Software continues to get more powerful as do the computer platforms. 

Sorry for singing to the choir, but for me to stay, I will personally need an exit strategy. 

I remember when a financial institution I did business with said they no longer would send me my cancelled checks.  We went to a bank that provided the cancelled checks.  Now we get the images, which is a compromise, but better than not getting anything. 

If a fraction of the time it took to put the cloud up was spent on coming up with a compromise solution, they would have one. 

Let's hope it happens.  Logic, common sense, and practicality dictate that being tied to this type of arrangement for some people is not a good idea. 

I remember talking to a real estate agent years ago and she said that some people will always rent because they will never be able to put the down payment together.  Again- at least the option exists for them.

Adobe, please don't take the buy/own option away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Adobe for a refund of my After Efects CS6 and they have granted the refund. The difference between me and the rest of the complainers is I took it to the top.

They are not going to change and CS6 and Cs5.5 are too close to buy an upgrade thAT IS THE END OF THE LINE.

Your refund is processing

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

This is to let you know that we have created RMA # xxxxxxxxxxxxx6 for your return request.

Products being returned: 

After Effects, CS6, Windows, Universal English

Returns for downloaded products and box products:

No further action is required; you do not need to return any disks or books

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Refund timeline:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Adobe for a refund of my After Efects CS6 and they have granted the refund.

Did you request it in the 30 days after purchase? In other words, were they making any exception to their 30 day money back policy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave me a full refund even though it was beyond the 30 days...i never activated CS6

I purchased After Effect CS6 a few  months ago and never activated it. I knew I was going to buy the next version CS6.5 or CS7 so I bought the CS6 knowing I would be upgrading and wanting to keep the upgrade less than 2 bills.

Adobe was so nice in allowing me to receive a full refund with the knowledge that I was transferring platforms and did not want to go forward with CC.

They fist told me the 30 days expired and I was not eligible for refund but after escalating the situation and letting them know I was done with their product they are giving me the full refund.

I only use After Effects with ReVisiion for good slo-mo on 60P material, the rest of my motion work is either purchased or I will use a template from all the sources out there.....

I am not saying CC is not a good way to go but for me I am relearning AVID MC as I type which is not that much different than AVID Xpress Pro which I had used in the past. Avid 6.5 is super fast and has the best system for organization. And I receive a free Avid 7 upgrade when it is reasdy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WoodyHerman,

From what I am seeing, many long-standing Adobe Premiere Pro users ARE looking to either AVID, or Edius, like the FCP folk looked to PrPro, when Apple came out with FCPX. Looks like some tables are being turned?

I wonder how the FCP-jumpers feel now, and especially as Adobe bent over backward to accommodate their desires, and turned their backs on long-standing Pr & PrPro users.

I think that the next 24 mos. will be very interesting, to say the least.

Though I gave up on AVID many years ago, perhaps it's time to give it another look? Time will tell.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will continue to use Adobe now because I am not renting/leasing it.  I paid for it.  Besides, I really like using Adobe Premiere.  Up until what recently happened, I would have had no problem recommending Adobe Premiere.  When I need to upgrade, I will look at what my non renting/leasing options are and go from there.  Competition is good and this might breathe some life/support into AVID.  I hope they keep it so that software can be purchased in the traditional way- even if by electronic download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving to Avid also if Adobe doesn't come up with an exit strategy.  I've been watching some tutorials and the work flow is real simalar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still a BIG fan of Adobe CS6.But here are almost 23,000 folks that feel quite differently about the Creative Cloud.

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 11.44.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lasvideo,

I love you man, you contribute so much to the forums.. as do others...

Let's think a moment.. do the 23.000 people really make a difference relative to product and the overall market share and the pro quality of things being done ? Does the CEO have a clue what pro movies are about and the compassionate creativity involved rather than numbers and metrics and global share ?

Lets look at the forum for a moment..

Jim contributes tremendously to the forums.. the tech aspects of using the software..and is very good at helping and using the stuff..

Jeff contributes a lot also, unfortunately less now than before in the creative aspects.. more like a policeman now...but is also very clever and good at stuff... this is his website...

http://bellunevideo.com/

The next link is pro movie stuff.. what IMO should be the 'goal ' of adobe..

what I think is moot....but look now at what this product is compared to the others

http://video.disney.com/watch/iron-man-3-trailer-4cc733e57b658de229040997

do you honestly think 23,000 unhappy users makes a difference in this context ?

I hope you continue to care as you do about stuff and keep helping others..cause that last link ( believe it or not ) started out being made by people in the earlier links and those they help ...The contributions by Jim and Jeff and others here can't be underestimated.

The final products however, tell a different story when dealing with large corporations etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that a few minutes have passed and lots of people have seen my stupid mssgs about how I personally feel about the "products" we deal with... events, weddings, sports, tutorials, alternative workflows, etc...

AND have assimulated the basic links regarding the products ( distribution )...

Let's move ON a moment...

Let's assume the product matters..and if need be let's raise the bar a little bit and say " the software should give us the potential to make the BEST product we CAN.."

That means, no matter where we are at at any given time, we can do the best output we can...and the best workflow etc to get there... etc etc.

It DOES NOT MEAN " let's lower the bar and go to the lowest common denominator "...eg. iphones and gopros and so on..and just blurting out stuff on youtube.

That's My Opinion.. I go for the 3rd link..the pro stuff..

This is why I appreciate guys like shooternz and others who deal with the higher end...if we can talk of a " raised bar " without insulting anyone in the fun category ?

This is why I can laugh at using a rubber band on a fluid head... no offense Steve.

In a community without an objective the service provider will do what is best for their bottom line, and trust me, this CEO has NO CLUE what the bar should be set at. Nor does he care. He is not into that. If you said, " What do you think about Adobe as a major influence on independent film making ? " he would look at you like you have 3 HEADS.

He has no clue and does NOT CARE.

Our job is not to care FOR HIM...it is to be realistic and make our products...and get on with life with the tools we can use.  Everything else is just dreaming....including whether or not Jeff will ever get real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

including whether or not Jeff will ever get real.

Kidding or not, serious or not, you may not make negative comments about other members, especially if you are not replying directly to them.  I let one comment from you earlier today slide by, hoping it was just a one-time mistake.  Apparently it wasn't.  Stop it.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why dont you lighten up a bit Jeff.. you apparently dont know when you are being applauded and appreciated.. or when you are being included in social " fun ".. at a slight expense to your position as a moderator. Lighten up a little bit. It's okay to be proud but don't be silly.

I won't mention your name anymore.. you don't exist for me now ....

edit:

I don't appreciate YOUR junk when you say things like I'm poisonous or harmless or whatever it is YOU think you have the right to say ...even the choice of words, " stop it "... instead of something like , " please stop that...it hurt me to hear you say that ". That's what I mean by you getting real...you are also accountable...and a real person ...and so that's the last I'll say about this stupid stuff.. you are history to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like it or lump it.. the basic agreement with adobe at this point...

Adobe does what it wants for it's best interests just the same as moderators do to suit their own interest. There is no court of any sort.. no accountability.. it is my way or the highway.

This is a terrible way to run a company and to think philosophically about oneself... as it is on the verge of being ugly.  Of course it's up to us to have the compassion and love or at least the " interest" to keep these people from hurting themselves with their own pride.. just like you would take care of a child or someone you love in your family.

You don't kick the dog because it didn't act right...you teach it to act right patiently.

Adobe is the dog now...let's be nice to the doggy .. teach him things...???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodney,

This is a terrible way to run a company and to think philosophically about oneself.

I think that it is normal to develop what we think of as a relationship with our favorite software providers. Sort of a take on the "Stockholm Syndrome." That is somewhat natural, though maybe not healthy. We begin to assume that they are focused on our needs, since we have been supportive for decades, but in that process, we tend to forget, or maybe overlook, that they are publicly-traded companies in a capitalist society. The profits are the real "bottom line," and as a capitalist, and fiscal-conservative, I should not complain. Still, it is almost like finding out that your mamma has just sold you to the tinker, the tailor or the green grocer, because she needed something, and could not pay for it from the "egg money."

In the end, and regardless of how these changes affect me, I will not turn my back on capitalism - live by the $ - die by the $. I will take my medicine, and get on with life. I am just not certain that this is the economic model, that Adobe should be following. Time will tell.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You talk about a third link but I only see two. Huh? What did I miss?

Edit: Oh, and if the rubber band idea is silly, why are you having trouble getting smooth pans out of an expensive fluid head?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh? What did I miss?

Drama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Potentially disturbing, on many fronts

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5343213#5343213

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, seen this on another Adobe forum

Shantanu Narayen:

"Adobe is changing how we provide value to a broader set of customers. We will deliver customized offerings for individuals, workgroups and large enterprises

What customized offerings????????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Biggles Lamb wrote:

Potentially disturbing, on many fronts

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5343213#5343213

The Adobe Application Manager is required to install the applications and updates. This is not new. Adobe wasn't forcing something on the user in that post, they just have no idea what they are talking about. They were told clearly "We're installing the Adobe Application Manager so you can install your software" but that person did not read the words on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock made another dip yesterday and is now at a 3 month low!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy Bay wrote:

We should have a thread to follow their stock...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pull up a 15 year chart for Avid for a good frame of reference.  Avid was a company with a mortal lock on the NLE space; they owned the market.  But due in large part to their arrogance and greed, they made some major miscalculations, and lost the market.  To begin with, they were never a particularly responsive organization with regard to support and development, and so they did not enjoy deep brand loyaltly, in the way that, say, Apple has in the past.  The launch of their Avid Mojo, and their insistence that customers buy their expensive hardware solution to fully work in HD just as the format was emerging, allowed Final Cut and Aja to move into the space and destroy their unchallenged market dominance.  Their slow response to the situation - I'm sure that their fall seemed unthinkable to them at the time - sealed their fate.  Irony abounds.  Barring a major reversal, it would seem that Adobe has not learned from history, and one unlikely benefactor from their conceit may well be Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tclark513 wrote:

Andy Bay wrote:

We should have a thread to follow their stock...

Guys,

Let's keep the Adobe stock price and financials out of this discussion. On one hand, you have the company with its stock holdings, and on the other hand, you have individuals holding the stock.

There are people besides Adobe employees that own Adobe stock and to hope for individuals to lose the valuation of their stock portfolio seems wrong. The topic doesn't really violate the guidelines, but it makes me feel very uncomfortable. You would not like it if there were those hoping for your investments to fail.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I am hoping that the Adobe stock goes up eventually. Unfortunately for that to happen the forced subscritpion extortion model has to go away quickly and Adobe has to do some serious apologizing and backtracking. And unfortunately for that to happen the stock price needs to sink. It's the only way to get Adobe management to realize they have made a mistake.

So as funny as it as it sounds, in order for Adobe to survive this and improve their long term stock price, the short term stock price needs to plumet. Which it's doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines