• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

News on Premiere Next at Adobe Max

Advocate ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join us today at our #AdobeMAX keynote, live at 9:30 a.m. PT with CEO Shantanu Narayen and SVP @DWadhwani: http://adobe.ly/AdobeNext

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1857 Replies 1857
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy Bay wrote:

So as funny as it as it sounds, in order for Adobe to survive this and improve their long term stock price, the short term stock price needs to plumet.

Andy,

I don't hope for your portfolio to fail now, or ever. Does it make better sense to not wish ill will on your fellow man? When you hope for Adobe to fail, you're also hoping for a stock holder's portfolio to fail. It rubs both ways, unfortunately.

There are those on this very forum holding Adobe stock; people that help you solve your Premiere Pro problems. My hope is that we discuss solutions to your problems rather than wishing failure for the company and individuals. To engage in schadenfreude is really bad form, in my opinion. If the shoe was on the other foot, no one would like it.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, please read my responses to you again.

In the long term it's best for Adobe if the short term stock price sinks. This way Adobe might reverse their new strategy and everyone gets to keep their jobs. So don't say I wish ill on you, because that's not true. I'm actually hoping you have a job in the future! I also wish your stock price to increase greatly in the long run!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:To engage in schadenfreude is really bad form, in my opinion. If the shoe was on the other foot, no one would like it."

No one does like it as the shoe is not only on the other foot but crammed up users &$&#@  due to a subscription only CC.

A company can raise their profits by listening to their users. When they don't listen - things go bad when customers leave.

Adobe is sticking their head in the sand over CC and ignoring users - At this point the only way users can make Adobe realize what they have done is to leave with their business.

I loved CS5, CS5.5 and CS6.

Total amount that Adobe will make from me over the amazing and innovative CC and future upgrades from the subscription model is $0.00

Adobe needs to wake up and join the rest of us who reside and edit in reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheCoroner9 wrote:

:To engage in schadenfreude is really bad form, in my opinion. If the shoe was on the other foot, no one would like it."

No one does like it as the shoe is not only on the other foot but crammed up users &$&#@  due to a subscription only CC.

A company can raise their profits by listening to their users. When they don't listen - things go bad when customers leave.

Adobe is sticking their head in the sand over CC and ignoring users - At this point the only way users can make Adobe realize what they have done is to leave with their business.

I loved CS5, CS5.5 and CS6.

Total amount that Adobe will make from me over the amazing and innovative CC and future upgrades from the subscription model is $0.00

Adobe needs to wake up and join the rest of us who reside and edit in reality.

Coroner,

Since you're addressing me, you should know that I'm in support and have nothing to do with Adobe pricing policies. 

Contact the DVA teams at http://www.adobe.com/go/wish if you'd like to give them direct feedback. It is a feature request bug report form, but this is how the teams have expressed how to contact them.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done Kevin - Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are people besides Adobe employees that own Adobe stock and to hope for individuals to lose the valuation of their stock portfolio seems wrong. The topic doesn't really violate the guidelines, but it makes me feel very uncomfortable. You would not like it if there were those hoping for your investments to fail.

Kevin,

We're not "hoping" for individuals to lose value we are just trying to point out that the move to CC will probably lose value all on it's own.  We're hoping to prove that an exit strategy will bring value back to the stock!

Andy, you beat me to the reply! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tclark513 wrote:

We're not "hoping" for individuals to lose value we are just trying to point out that the move to CC will probably lose value all on it's own.  We're hoping to prove that an exit strategy will bring value back to the stock!

tclark,

When you root for the stock to fail, you're also rooting against actual people; that's reality. I don't feel comfortable with that. No one would want your holdings to devaluate. That's just wrong.

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Monahan wrote:

tclark513 wrote:

tclark,

When you root for the stock to fail, you're also rooting against actual people; that's reality. I don't feel comfortable with that. No one would want your holdings to devaluate. That's just wrong.

Best,

Kevin

I'm not sure why you deleted the link you asked me to read but no offense it really didn't have an exit strategy in it.  I guess that's why you deleted it.

It says you still have access to your work after you cancel your membership.  That's not the concern.  The concern is editing that said material after you cancel it.  You can't because adobe will NOT let you edit on software that you actually already paid for once you cancel CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tclark513 wrote:

I'm not sure why you deleted the link you asked me to read but no offense it really didn't have an exit strategy in it.  I guess that's why you deleted it.

Right tclark. I deleted it because I didn't think it really answered your question.

In case others want to check it out: http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2013/05/you-should-never-lose-access-to-your-work-period.html

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tclark513 wrote:

It says you still have access to your work after you cancel your membership.  That's not the concern.  The concern is editing that said material after you cancel it.  You can't because adobe will NOT let you edit on software that you actually already paid for once you cancel CC.

tclark,

Right, that is the concern many have. You want to be able to not only output, but edit a file well into the future. Understood. We hope that CS6 will be able to do that for you in most cases. AE CC has a "Save As CS6" function.

Saving back to CS6 is mentioned in the FAQ. Check it out: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Many of the Creative Cloud desktop applications provide the ability to export files to the Creative Suite 6 version of that same application.

Adobe plans to continue to support the ability to export to Creative Suite 6 in the applications that have that capability now.

New features added to the desktop applications after Creative Suite 6 may not be supported in the exported file, or by the Creative Suite 6 application.

The following applications support the ability to export to the CS6 version of the application:

Photoshop

InDesign

Illustrator

Flash Professional

Dreamweaver

After Effects (not listed in FAQ, but does export to CS6)

Applications not listed here may not support exporting to Creative Suite 6, and may not do so in future releases.  New features added to the above list after Creative Suite 6 may not be supported in the exported file, or by the Creative Suite 6 application.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following applications support the ability to export to the CS6 version of the application:

Photoshop

InDesign

Illustrator

Flash Professional

Dreamweaver

Applications not listed here may not support exporting to Creative Suite 6, and may not do so in future releases.  New features added to the above list after Creative Suite 6 may not be supported in the exported file, or by the Creative Suite 6 application.

Kevin,

Honestly, I'm not trying to start a battle with you but please...we are in a "Premiere Pro" forum and Premiere is not even on that list!  The most important video tools (for me anyway) are Premiere, Encore, Audition and After Effects and After Effects is the ONLY application listed. Even if Premiere was listed this is only a bandaid that might help for a little while anyway.  Eventually even if you can save back to cs6 years from now how much help can that actually provide after numerous updates have already been made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tclark513 wrote:

Photoshop

InDesign

Illustrator

Flash Professional

Dreamweaver

Kevin,

Honestly, I'm not trying to start a battle with you but please...we are in a "Premiere Pro" forum and Premiere is not even on that list!  The most important video tools (for me anyway) are Premiere, Encore, Audition and After Effects and After Effects is the ONLY application listed. Even if Premiere was listed this is only a bandaid that might help for a little while anyway.  Eventually even if you can save back to cs6 years from now how much help can that actually provide after numerous updates have already been made?

Hi tclark,

Yes, I know Premiere Pro is not officially on the list, but you can save an AAF, XML, or EDL that can work with previous versions. The Premiere Pro team does know that they do not currently have a solution for saving as CS6, but they are looking at it. Never give up on those geniuses.

True, you won't have certain effects, etc. that are applied after CS6 whatever app you're in with the current scenario. If you absolutely have to have those things, try a one month subscription or even a trial version.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin

I am going to talk financials but do not worry it is not contentious

I have just had alook at Adobe's financial results for 2012

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201212/Q412Earnings.html

They and the accompanying Exec quotes make interesting reading and well worth the effort of reading.

To me it is all about creating a recurring revenue stream and the results indicated over 300,000 CC subscribers and a growth rate of 10,000 new CC subscribers per week.

Now in reality there is a finite number of existing and potential customers who will move or start afresh with the CC route, during the first year or two there will be migrations from and additions to the subscribers.  It is this aspect of the financial modelling that the Execs will have to have got correct, time will see.

Now on the other side of the Atlantic in the early 1990's I started to work for a large company that had 110,000 employees and a pre tax profit of $5 billion, so Adobe is chickenfeed even today compared to that.

The Execs had a strategy and all went well until the crash of the early 90's and as a result 110,00 went down to 40,000 new management came in and directions changed, the market became uneasy about the direction the company was going and speculation started, because of the speculation the share price rose, anyway things continued and a takeover became more and more likely.

Yet more staff were released (me included with a very nice goodbye present) and then the takeover occured, it was the financial equivalent of a Salmon eating whole the great Moby Dick.

What am I getting at, well the Execs have to have allowed for the unrest among users, to allow for so many of us not updating or moving to another suppliers systems, to model different financial scenarios for cashflow.

If they have not then they may be in trouble, which is something none of use want our want are easy, to be treated fairly and also to be given the goods we wish to buy.

Execs please take note, and remember it is us; your customers who actually pay your salaries with our purchases

p.s.

Give Kevin a rise he deserves it for his skill in handing dissasatisfied customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>New features added to the desktop applications after Creative Suite 6 may not be supported in the exported file, or by the Creative Suite 6 application

Sigh... such as the CC Premiere Pro AVCHD spanned file bug fix being ported back to PPro CS6 not being PROMISED as a CS6 fix

I know that you are advocating for this bug to be fixed, but you should not HAVE to do that... this is a bug that has been known and not fixed for a year

I understand what you said before... the fix required major program surgery, not just a bandaid... and this surgery may, or may NOT be applied backward

My opinion is that fixing this major bug will go a long way toward telling people who stay with CS6, or use CC and then stop and go back to CS6, that Adobe really does care about existing customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

... fixing this major bug will go a long way toward telling people who stay with CS6, or use CC and then stop and go back to CS6, that Adobe really does care about existing customers

Hi John,

Very good point. I agree with you and it is the main reason I will continue to advocate for a fix.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Biggles Lamb,

Thanks for your post. I'm the support guy around here and am not the right person do discusss Adobe business policies, what Adobe should do, or watch out for. I did find it very interesting, though.

Biggles Lamb wrote:

Give Kevin a rise he deserves it for his skill in handing dissasatisfied customers

Thanks for your kinds words. Much appreciated!

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trust all these upset people do not having to take it personally. Adobe refunded my CS6 upgrade as I never activated them way past the 30 day limit. That is the type of decisions you want a company to make in times where there is a question about their decisions. THey are confident and if I was managing my money personally I would invest in the confidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? for you Kevin

How will the 30 day trials work.  Can you try it again every time an update happens ?

Since there wont be any CS versions when can you try it again ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe. You are a stand up business.

I purchased CS6 with the forward thinking of contiuing with Adobe. I switched from Final Cut after AVID canceled Xpress Pro. In the meantime I purchased CS6 knowing once I complete the 10 or so projects I would go through the update.

I purchased the CS6 way beyond the 30 day return limit and SINCE I NEVER ACTIVATED they gave me a full refund. CC is not for me and I was able to get AVID on an old crossgrade and have money left over. Avid is not to different than the Xpress Pro. Best at managing data and a most for contract work.

Adobe Case Update and Feedback Opportunity

Your Adobe ID:XXXX@XXXX
Your Case Number:02XXXXXXXX
Case Description:Return Refund Request

With this response, we believe your issue is resolved and have therefore closed your case 02xxxxxxxx,.  If your support case has not been completed to your satisfaction or you should you need to contact us on this issue again, please reference your case number. You can reopen your case up to 14 days after it has been closed.

Your feedback is important to us. Please take a moment to let us know how we're performing against your expectations by completing our survey.

FAQ.

Thank you,

Adobe Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied