• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

News on Premiere Next at Adobe Max

Advocate ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join us today at our #AdobeMAX keynote, live at 9:30 a.m. PT with CEO Shantanu Narayen and SVP @DWadhwani: http://adobe.ly/AdobeNext

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1857 Replies 1857
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I kind of got the impression that "Premiere Pro CC" will be the only 'version' available going forward, as far as the name goes

There are still (and will be) version numbers.

Premiere Pro CC (7.0) and After Effects CC (12.0) are the current versions, just like Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0) and After Effects CS6 (11.0) were the previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

But it still leaves the question of what Adobe will use as a benchmark for a new version number.  Despite all the bluster against Creative Cloud in this thread, I rather like it, and one of the big selling points for me is the idea of getting new features as soon as they're ready, rather than having to wait for a predetermined time when a bunch of new features come out at once in the new version.

So...what's the plan for versioning going forward, now that the 'schedule' has been eliminated as a method for releasing new features?  I really don't want you guys holding back on new features just so you can bundle them up into a new 'version'.

I mean, was there any technical reason for not releasing some of the new features of CC to CS6 Cloud subscribers early?  Seems like features such as Editing Finesse (Join Through Edits and Duplicate Frame Indicator) could have easily been pushed to Cloud subscribers early.  The same with Link and Locate, Audio Clip Mixer and Closed Captions.  I can see where the Mezzanine codecs, Lumetri support and Radar Loudness meter might have necessitated some larger changes under the hood, but the others seem like prime candidates for us Cloud subscribers to have had early, yet...nada.  There's currently no difference between the subscription version and the perpetual license version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an update from the Creative Cloud team that touches on some of the matters that have been discussed here over the past few weeks:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/our-move-to-creative-cloud-an-update/

More details are forthcoming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently moved the Sony Vegas Pro 12.

It was a great ride with you Adobe, I'm sorry it's over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, as expected, Adobe continues to disappoint. Its a shame corporate has undermined all the good work that  its talented employees have done on the video software.

https://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LasVideo,

At least you have pointed out that this is a hot topic. It's just gone over 900 Replies.

Thank you for taking the time to start it. Much has been sorted out in the process.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 10:17PM PDT, May 28, 2013, there are 6 CC thread, out of the upper 8, on the Forums Comment Forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

There are many concerned users.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ,at this point almost 27,000 of them has signed this petition. It will likely end up being a heck of a lot more then that when all is said and done. Silly  Adobe.

https://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate- the-mandatory-creative-cloud-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't doubt that there are a lot more upset people than have already signed the petition.

I suppose the question remains: How many will actually give up using Photoshop or After Effects, or even Premiere Pro? Not how many say they will in an attempt to sway Adobe's committment to a new way of doing business, but how many actually will say goodbye and never subscribe?

If it is more than the number of new customers tempted by the low buy-in price, Adobe made a mistake. If it is less, then Adobe did the right thing for the stockholders. It is pretty much that simple when you take the emotion out of the mix.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd

Many thanks for the update, it is such a pity that they said nothing substantial.

The only thing of interest was that they are looking at file access.....nothing about the ability to use the product after the end of the subscription....just file access.....I preseume that will entail another fee or subscription.

For you other guys, have a look at some of the arguments on the CC forum

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5360836#5360836

Some very interesting and agrieved comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this considered an "update"? Nothing is different!

Such a shame! Other companies are about to get a big increase in earnings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tclark513 wrote:

How is this considered an "update"? Nothing is different!

It's an update because - as Steven alludes - Adobe has done the math in light of all the forum comments, phone calls, petitions, etc. After all considerations, they still believe this is the best route.

Obviously you and others may feel slighted, but this has to do with choosing between the two paths. The current path (subscription and perpetual coexisting) and the future path (subscription only, SAAS model). And as others have pointed out before, from a purely business perspective, even if at the worst they decided to cut-and-run from their current plan for any reason at all, it could do more damage in terms of stockholder confidence. But this is all conjecture. Bottom line, the update is "we recognize the issues brought up by many of you, but we still very much feel that we're doing the best thing here with Creative Cloud."

Anyway, I'm out of this thread. I have thoroughly (ahem) enjoyed the many comments - some nonsense, some naysaying, frequent non-sequiturs and some actual legitimate concerns. But at this point (well, maybe around the 200 mark in this thread) there ceased to be anything new to say, and with Adobe's clarification that Creative Cloud is it, I don't imagine much remains to be seen here except folks continuing to try to convince myself and others that Creative Cloud is not gonna work, a conclusion at which I simply cannot arrive in my own reckoning of the facts and future. Seeing that the only people left here are future ex-Adobe customers, Jim Simon, Steven Gotz and the occasional moderator, I'll just move along. Good luck to all of y'all heading to the fertile grounds of Media Composer, Edius, Vegas, FCPX or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe:  "Photographers, particularly photo-enthusiasts, are looking for a more tailored offering that focuses on their particular needs."

So, photographers may get special bundles, but video editors are stuck spending $50/month to have access to web and publishing tools they'll never touch?  A Production Premium equivalent at a reduced rate would be ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack, I second that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack, +1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack

Jack Banatoni wrote:

From Adobe:  "Photographers, particularly photo-enthusiasts, are looking for a more tailored offering that focuses on their particular needs."

So, photographers may get special bundles, but video editors are stuck spending $50/month to have access to web and publishing tools they'll never touch?  A Production Premium equivalent at a reduced rate would be ideal.

Now my take on this is that Adobe will push Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the new overwhelming great solution from MS: Winidoofs most creative cloud.

Nothing changed, but you´ll get 1 gb of online store and a few other useless gimmicks (....and we can name it "cloud" that way).

And all that for a little monthly fee of $50!!!

No longer great barrier to use winidoofs and your PC!

Always get automatic updates like Pissta or winidoofs 8 (without the possibility to aware!)

It´s so absolutely great. So sugar glossy (BS)!

The small print:

Winidoofs will connect to your bank account and when there is enough money it will start up. Else not.

Yes, we have access to all your cloud files and can do what we like with them. Even we can cut the access. But we will not do... may be... trust us...

You will never lose full editable access to your files (as long as you pay)

No, there are not so many Apps (in most cases none) that can read and FULLY edit your creations. We tried to not tell you this. Xuse, that we don´t pointed out better.

No, we are not longer motivated to do updates (we never were a lot), as you will have to pay anyway.

And yes, we will not longer sell other packaged OS, as we indirectly promised a few month ago when we said, that our latest OS will be the last upgradeable.

Yes, you will always have to upgrade your hardware if we decide, it´s necessary. Elswise you can use our provided old version (we will not give our non subscribing long time users) but you have to pay for the latest. Sorry for that.
Ehm, and, yes, you are a kind of Beta-Tester in future. Ehm, and we don´t give any warranty for anything. Ehm, good luck (May be our new updates - if they ever come to table - will not break any workflow like in the past. And if: Now you can be sure it hurts all users not only that, who installed first).

No, YOU don´t have to decide if it´s good for you or not. So it´s not an option any longer. It´s a must you must like.

Yes, it´s right, we bought also the competitor with the hooked fruit and all the others, so we are a monopolist right now. But you have enough choices to go to. So take it or not.

No, we are not listening to any concerns.

And we even don´t care about you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've hit the nail on the head, bababonga. It bewilders me how a company like Adobe could screw things up so much from a position of victory. They are now offering concessions to photoshop users. It seems like Adobe are making things up as they go along. I am bald. Would it be possible for Adobe to make concessions to bald people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

But it still leaves the question of what Adobe will use as a benchmark for a new version number.

...one of the big selling points for me is the idea of getting new features as soon as they're ready...

Hmmm.

Despite Cloud subscriptions, the standard versioning plan will continue.

CC7 will be released June 17, CC8 perhaps around 18 months later.

I wonder if there will actually be new feature inclusions provided

for subscribers between each official 'versioned' CC release?

I missed that clarification in the linked document.

This quote is not very specific in that regard:

"We will continue to offer new innovation in apps and services

on an ongoing basis..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PPro CS5, which is now up to version 5.0.3

I will GUESS the Cloud versions will be similar...  CC7 to CC7.0.1 and so on

As to delivery of NEW features, not bug fixes and/or refinements, I think only time will tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably right.

But, the 'dot' versions of CS5 / CS6 were (if I recall correctly)

only patches / fixes instead of 'new feature' type of releases

(like CS5.5 with Warp Stabilizer).

As to delivery of NEW features, not bug fixes and/or refinements, I think only time will tell

I have gotten the impression that immediate release of new features

to Cloud subscribers was a foregone conclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I wonder if there will actually be new feature inclusions provided for subscribers between each official 'versioned' CC release?

Yes, there will be frequent feature-bearing releases. For After Effects, for example, our product manager has announced that we are targeting September 2013, December 2013, and April 2014 for feature-bearing releases. I don't want to speak for the Premiere Pro team, but I can say that they are on track to release some new features even before that.

In some cases, these will be small collections of minor improvements; in some cases, they'll be larger. That is one of the benefits: we can release things when they're ready as opposed to needing to align everything across mutliple applications for one big paid upgrade per year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, Todd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

There are still (and will be) version numbers.

Curious... what criteria will define a new CC numbered version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'CC' part of the name is a branding decision; it's somewhat different than a real version number. You'll note that we always use phrasing like "After Effects CC (12.0)", "Premiere Pro CC (7.0)", and so on, just like we always have done with CS6 and before: "After Effects CS6 (11.0.2)", "Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.4)". The version number in all of these cases is the part in parentheses.

On the After Effects team, we think in terms of the major version numbers (e.g., going from 11.x to 12.x) indicating a change in the project file format. Some features force a change in that format, and those are features that we wouldn't/couldn't do in a release that only changed the minor version number. Other teams have other technical considerations for distinguishing between changes in major version numbers versus minor version numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines