• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

News on Premiere Next at Adobe Max

Advocate ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join us today at our #AdobeMAX keynote, live at 9:30 a.m. PT with CEO Shantanu Narayen and SVP @DWadhwani: http://adobe.ly/AdobeNext

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1857 Replies 1857
People's Champ ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Characteristically concise.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one of the benefits: we can release things when they're ready as opposed to needing to align everything across mutliple applications for one big paid upgrade per year.

This is constantly hyped as the biggest benefit of the cloud subscription. I don't think it's very honest argumentation. Many software companies offer free upgrades to their products on a constant basis. It would be as simple as to sell the perpetual licenses with one year free upgrades included. This would achieve exactly the same thing as the cloud does. Of course, everyone knows that is not the real reason why Adobe wants to move to the subscription model. It's almost funny that Adobe wants us to think it does the forced subscription model because it's good for the customers. i don't think anyone is buying that rhetoric.

I also don't really buy the claim that Adobe would have been forced to gather big features together for new releases. People upgrade so they can get new features. It's doesn't really matter when those features were added. If you don't have access to new features you want, then you are interested in buying an upgrade. I think it's underestimating you customers to think we need "bells and whistles" to upgrade. Slowly accumulated new features are just as good for the customer (or even better because of less bugs) as "everything together at the same time" upgrades.

The point is this: being able to release new features more frequently has nothing to do with the forced subscription model. Countless software sellers are perfectly able to sell their software with 1-2 year upgrades included in the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Countless software sellers are perfectly able to sell their software with 1-2 year upgrades included in the price.

Those companies are not publicly traded, or they are not dependent on software for their primary revenue. Some companies who mostly sell hardware and only sell a little bit of software to increase the value of that hardware have deferred revenue reporting and delivered feature-bearing updates without charging additionally for them. But Adobe is a publicly traded software company that must therefore report its revenue, and we don't have the option of deferring the reporting/recognizing of software revenue without doing severe damage to our business.

> I don't think it's very honest argumentation.

Please recognize that by saying that you are calling me and my colleagues dishonest. I am honestly telling you what we are able to do now and how it's improving our development process. I can't make you believe me. But I will ask that you not insult us by calling us dishonest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd you can't seriously expect anyone to believe that it's honest rhetoric when Adobe claims it's doing all this "for the benefit of it's customers".

And I still don't get it: What has the revenue reporting to do with added new features? Sounds to me those are two very separate things. If your product is sold so that it includes a period of upgrades, then those are not really free upgrades are they? Rather they are a feature already priced in to the original price. So where exactly is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have a great opportunity here.

1. If indeed Adobe implements policy based on its merits that are "for the benefit of it's customers" (rational used for rental due to the ability to provide more updates).

2. And thousands  (28,0000 signed the petition - likely 3X that number by June 17)  of customers are genuinely upset and outraged at the lack of a perpetual / buy out or other option in regards to Adobe software.

3. Then it stands to reason that Adobe will demonstrate this concern for the benefit of its customers by giving them an alternate way of  "owning" the  licensed software.

4. If they take no such action, then we can judge for ourselves the validity of what they tell us in their marketing promotions. Actions will speak louder then words. Always do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

> I wonder if there will actually be new feature inclusions provided for subscribers between each official 'versioned' CC release?

That is one of the benefits: we can release things when they're ready as opposed to needing to align everything across mutliple applications for one big paid upgrade per year.

As a professional editor, I'm more than happy to give up the additional updates with a subscription for the older NON SUBSCRIPTION MODEL. After speaking to others it doesn't impress them either. Just another point that shows someone in the Adobe chain really doesn't understand the customer base.

Just because I can afford a subscription doesn't mean I'll pay it. I won't ever. Much more important than the updates is a NON SUBSCRIPTION MODEL.

Something Adobe doesn't want to entertain or understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd

In a couple of posts you have commented on the ability of the CC model to have updates released as they are ready.

Now if we start with Premiere CS5.5 and move on to Premiere CS6 can you advise just how many updates only to Premiere would have been available had the CC model been in place from CS5.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more than happy to give up the additional updates with a subscription for the older NON SUBSCRIPTION MODEL.

You can do that now with CS6, which Adobe plans to keep selling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Jim, is it really that difficult for you to understand what the above statement is asking for? You strike me as an intelligent person with a lot on the ball. I guess the other possibility is that you are being deilberately annoying and silly. If so, please stop it 

(Hint- New software with none subscription model). See, now that wasnt that hard, was it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.  It did sound to me like Coronoer wasn't aware of the continued availability of buying CS6.  He did say he was willing to forgo additional updates, which implies a willingness to forgo new software, as new software is how additional updates are offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..Coronoer wasn't aware of the continued availability of buying CS6.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to find any link on the Adobe site

where an interested party can buy the perpetual license version of CS6.

Surely this must be an oversight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui...

To buy an upgrade, simply click the buy button and then select upgrade instead of full version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link!

In an hour of trying from the Adobe main page,

I was not having any luck finding it.

Was this a saved link, or were you able to find it

through the menu navigation on the Adobe main page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the items are greyed out until you have selected the Suite for what YOU OWN the lifelong right to use. After that is done, the texts are not longer greyed out and you can complete your order.  Alittle bit tricky, but works. And by they way: It was ever difficult to find something at these sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true there is Cloud everywhere, but click on the "Adobe" at the top of this page. See "products"? That drop down has "Creative Suite" as the second item. It is also the second item in the "Products" list of links at the bottom of that page.

I agree with baba that it was always a bit hard to find some things,and particularly anything other than the currently promoted products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stan... I guess I just got lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I just got lost.

And now you're found! Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Was this a saved link, or were you able to find it through the menu navigation on the Adobe main page?

Saved, after someone else posted it in one of the MANY Cloud discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Stan already Saved me...  Hallelujah!

(Woof)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

I don't know.  It did sound to me like Coronoer wasn't aware of the continued availability of buying CS6.  He did say he was willing to forgo additional updates, which implies a willingness to forgo new software, as new software is how additional updates are offered.

I'm completely aware of the availibility of CS6 which I already own.  The implication by Adobe that they couldn't offer more updates under the old model versus CC's subscription model is ridiculous. I, like many others, won't pay for a subscription to any software. With CC, Adobe and their products have creased to exist for many after CS6.

No need to worry. I won't have to forgo updates in CS6 - I'll just purchase a mac pro and "switch" to FCP where there are updates and no subscriptions.

Total amount Adobe and CC will earn from us $0.00  Have to love Adobe's concern for their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC = Cash Cow! Goodbye Adobe....there's no way I am renting software from you! I dont care how good it is! I am not throwing my money away by renting off you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC = CashCow It´s sooo obvious that I wonder why I didn´t see that earlier!

I hope many, many users will think and do the same.

And the Adobe leader board will be blown away by the wind on their sugar glossy pink cloud. Never seen again.
And thanks again to all the programmers who build my brushes the last 22 years. YOU did a great work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... blown away by the wind on their sugar glossy pink cloud.

I didn't get the reference. Is that literary? From a movie? In other words... huh?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m not a native speaker. Workin an livin in EU.
Ment was: They can sit on their (might be better) high glossy (like they made their advertisements of that totally wrong named and confusing cloud) pinky (as it should look like - it´s used to discribe something "not serious" here) cloud. Then (i hope) the wind comes and takes this cloud with the complete leader board to nowhere. Or to even somewhere they never are able to come back again. Not literary. Not from a movie. Just my poor english.
------------------------

CC = Terminating the word "Archive" in the digital future = lifelong dependency = NoGo = NEVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m not a native speaker.

For the record, some of us native (English) speakers didn't have any trouble understanding your image of the Adobe board being blown away on a big, pink cloud... I also enjoyed your attempt to explain your image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines