• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

News on Premiere Next at Adobe Max

Advocate ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join us today at our #AdobeMAX keynote, live at 9:30 a.m. PT with CEO Shantanu Narayen and SVP @DWadhwani: http://adobe.ly/AdobeNext

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1857 Replies 1857
People's Champ ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Thanks for the clarification.

You certainly sound like a native speaker. I have learned and lost two additional languages over the years but I was never quite as fluent as you seem to be.

Stan is right, it was probably just me. I understood what you meant, but it sounded like a quote or a reference that I might have been missing. I am not in any way cool, hip, or current with pop culture and thought I might have missed something.

Also, I think of a "leader board" like the one golf tournaments use.So at first I thought you might have meant the list of people you see on the right side of some of these pages, telling us who was the most influential people on the forum. Now I know you mean the "Board of Directors" who run the company.

Actually, the " blown away by the wind on their sugar glossy pink cloud" is kind of neat. I like it. Imaginative.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely aware of the availibility of CS6 which I already own.

OK, I did misunderstand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Corel is offering all CS4 and up a crossgrade to their  products  at their upgrade versions and I have done some fish around the net, it seems Corel has some big things that will happen.unfornately I cannot comfrim it as it was some person that had spoke to Corel he posted it on dpreview(.)com. So as they say where there is smoke there is fire, Also with Corel buying out Pinnical from Avid, which includes Liquide Edsion and the old Fast NLE system , we may be seening Corel  combing all the packages in to the higher end market  of editing .......  lets wait and see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Monada will these 30 day trials be fully functional ?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Encore in the Cloud... does it still require paid activation before it will work, due to Sonic/Roxio licensing?

Presuming, that is, that there IS a free 30 trial in the Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30 day trials are a wonderfully sneaky way of hooking you on the CC (Cash Cow). Once you do a project in it, there is no going back. You must continue to rent in order to work on the project if it has any of the bells and whistles associated with CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same can be said of the boxed version too, Tom.  Once you create your project in the trial, you must then pay for continued use of the software after the trial ends.  That's always been true, and is one purpose of the trial.  Adobe hopes you'll like the software enough to pay for it's use.  That the methods of payment have changed doesn't alter the realities of using the trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

The same can be said of the boxed version too, Tom.  Once you create your project in the trial, you must then pay for continued use of the software after the trial ends.  That's always been true, and is one purpose of the trial.  Adobe hopes you'll like the software enough to pay for it's use.  That the methods of payment have changed doesn't alter the realities of using the trial version.

I can't wait to hear your  response Tom!  You would think that your quote "You must continue to rent in order to work on the project if it has any of the bells and whistles associated with CC" would have been enough!  Rent is obviously different then buying a copy of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, its obvious to me that the concept of "etermal rental" that is angering thousands of customers, is a something you dont seem to comprehend for some reason.

Pay once, use forever with no upgrades mandatory. As opposed to rent forever. If that isnt clear, Im not going to continue this dialog .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They want to pay you for ever. Never!

----------

CC = Cash Cow = Terminating the word "Archive" in digital future = Lifelong dependency = NoGo = Never

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure - I never will keep my hands on.

It´s getting  into dependency.

Drug dealers asre punished when bringing others to dependency - doing them a harm with that.
Adobe not.

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bababongatwo wrote:

Drug dealers asre punished when bringing others to dependency - doing them a harm with that.
Adobe not.

Why?

Drug dealing is illegal.

Adobe's CC is only unfair, not illegal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasvideo

Some people, see the color of the sky differently to the vast majority, that is because their minds reside on a different planet, the best we can do for them is to be kind, understanding, forgiving, and have the eternal hope that one day they realize the misplacement of their loyalties.

It takes a level of understanding to realize that to existing users of CS products the CC version is nothing but a "rip off" and the proponents of the CC model blatently fail to realize the error of their ways.

Now those of you across the big pond from us guys in little ole England may know not know what a "rip off" is, well it is when you pay vastly over the odds for something you either must have, need or sometimes think you need when you do not.

The math has been done to death in these forums, what part of : -

"it is vastly more expensive for existing CS users to be part of the Cash Cow model of software aquisition and useage compared to what you would have paid in upgrade costs every produce version change"

do you guys not understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Biggles,

We get that existing CS users, those who paid for their CS6 upgrade when it came out or purchased CS6 to begin with, are not going to be happy with the situation.

Just consider that those of us who did not pay for CS6, but rather, subscribed to the Creative Cloud instead, are possibly better off than we would have been shelling out all that money to get every product that we wanted.

The real question for Adobe is simple. Are they going to make more money or not? Will the subscription model be accepted in sufficient quantity to raise income and reduce expenses over what has come before?

If yes, Adobe and their stockholders win. If no, then my guess is that a new CEO will deal with the massive cleanup required.

I have stated many times that an exit strategy would alleviate many of the concerns, and that Adobe could create one without backtracking on previous statements. The could, they should and if they don't they will be reducing potential income for no reason. But they may still make more money with CC than with perpetual licenses even without an exit strategy. Only time will tell

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stated many times that an exit strategy would alleviate many of the concerns, and that Adobe could create one without backtracking on previous statements.

Yes, it would alleviate to an extent (depends on the price, which would probably be higher than most of us would want). But they would have to backtrack; they have said no perpetual license, and any exit strategy short of a perpetual license is not an exit strategy worth discussing. But I see no downside to the easy-to-write press release that says, "We listened and..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven

Agreed, as you have been an Educational user then the short term cash outlay will probably be very similar, but you know that a full price upgrader is seriously out of pocket however the math is applied.

That said you no doubt have far more individual software applications than you had previously.

There is nothing wrong with profit, but there is profit and profiiteering.........Adobe are trying the latter.

On a completely different tack............I have been involved in training within the hobbyist fraternity around where I live in the UK, fifteen years ago we used to put on a full weekend where 50/60 individuals would be taught the finer points of Premiere, a recent poll has only 10% of hobbyist users now using Premiere, the remainder use just about any you can think of.  Al this change is down to Adobe's continually raising the cost of the products.

I now have a new law.............................The higher the product cost, the more restricted is the market that is willing to buy the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here I am, looking at Premiere "not responding". Why? I dared to use Adobe Dynamic Link with Encore. Reminds me again why I don't usually use dynamic link. Why am I writing this here? Well, if Adobe can't get a local link between programs to work in I-don't-know-how-many-years-now then how on earth do you expect me to be happy to trust non-local links in the future (cloud services)? You can get a nice taster of what's ahead by reading the support requests at the cloud forum..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have a new law.............................The higher the product cost, the more restricted is the market that is willing to buy the product.

That is a VERY old law!

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, its obvious to me that the concept of "etermal rental" that is angering thousands of customers, is a something you dont seem to comprehend for some reason.

I'll grant you that.  I just don't see what all the fuss is about.  (The one exception being where it does turn out to be more expensive, that one I get.)

But whether you pay once or pay forever doesn't alter the fact that once the trial ends, you do have to pay to keep using the software.  Your comment made it sound like this was a new and egregious situation caused by the subscripting model.  It isn't.  You've always had to pay once the trial ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its OK Jim. I, for one, am not going to waste any more time trying to explain it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people like the Cloud (Jim appears to be one) and some people don't

Only time will tell if the "likes" add up to more than the "dislikes"

Todd said "I suggest holding tight until June 17th. The release of the CC versions will come with updates about various other things that have been talked about here"

IF a reasonable exit strategy is one of those updates, I think even "some" of the Cloud dislikes "may" turn to likes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF a reasonable exit strategy is one of those updates, I think even "some" of the Cloud dislikes "may" turn to likes

I'm willing to go out on a limb and use the words "most" and "will".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you there, to an extent, but for me, in the UK, pricing would need to become more equitable for me to join the "will" party. 

In addition I use only Premiere/Encore, Photoshop and Audition, so I am at the worst point of the user scale from the pricing point of view.  So I would need some movement on packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha. The last time I was told to "hold tight" was when I spread the general alarm at NAB that it seemed that  only the CC was an option since no one at the Adobe booth would talk about my desire to purchase the perpetual license. We all know how that turned out .  😉  The words "feeling screwed" come to mind to those thousands of us that wanted that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines