• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Okay, so we're asking for Adobe to invest in implementing...

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so we're asking for Adobe to invest in implementing optimization for high core counts. How can DaVinci and FCP utilize this, but not Adobe? I hear it's a long list, it's not that easy, etc. If this was prioritised to begin with from a managment stand point versus a "hey, let's wait and see where this goes" then you are left behind and criticised for the lack of priority. More features are great, but if you can't be good at the one basic thing the program was supposed to be good at then all the other features are putting lipstick on a pig. It's beautiful, but it's just bulky and slow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it's not been obvious enough ... over the last 18 months they haven't released hardly any new "features" other than upgraded performance with certain codecs & such ... working on performance/stability/bugs. That's been the main thing they've worked on, thankfully.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil - when your job involves using After Effects full time, now working with 4K+ media and deliverables, and you spend $8k on a 14-core computer to invest in your company to produce better work, more quickly - but realize there has been basically no gain in performance (in fact, my previous quad-core may have been faster) - it IS VERY frustrating.  It's not like people are asking for something that doesn't exist. Clearly others are implementing it.  

I love the whole suite of Adobe products and they've done a great job.  Yet, there's no excuse for not keeping up with the tech. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of things for the majority of users are faster. The H.264 encoding improvements are very impressive on a lot of gear.

And some things are freaking slower on some gear than they were before. Which is incredibly frustrating. Yea ... but true.

I know a number of folks with spendy new rigs that are flying in both Pr & Ae, but ... others aren't. Not because the developers haven't been putting effort into performance/stability/bugs, though ... but because they haven't got those gains out across the board yet.

No question, there's work to be done. Does your CC desktop app have the 'beta' tab on the left side? If so, please join in the public beta they started precisely to get after things like this.

And give that forum a detailed report of the failings of Premiere on your system. THAT board is monitored by engineers.

Neil

CC app Public Beta.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil - will do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

First, i would like to say, that i am possitive that they FINALLY started on the bugs first, features later. But... the multi core issue is WAY longer than 18 months old. it was the same story 5 years ago. 

example, article from puget from 2015

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-Multi-Core-Performance-698/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Um ... yea, ya think? That's why the 'new guy' two years back brought in a guy to rebuild their development process to start going after things. Things that had been just ignored or back-burnered before.

Massive app but only so many people working on it. Used on an incredible array of hardware. They've made major progress, and that is helping a lot of people. Including mulit-core threading.

And there's still a fair number of users not getting major improvements ... which are the harder ones to track & solve 'cause they affect smaller & smaller segments of the user base, therefore harder to nail down what is the issue ... as it's harder for them to replicate.

I wish Adobe corporate would tumble out a bunch more cash for engineering. I also wish someone would just give me a beatiful Gibson L5-CES guitar, about a 1996 through 2008. I sure hope the former has a higher chance than the latter ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines