• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ongoing Issues with Premiere CC

Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using premiere for 14 years. It seems like multiple times a year I have crashes, at least since the CC. Today I had another. More so, it locks up. I just noticed there's another update. But, the update is hanging up too. EVERYTHING ELSE ON MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING PERFECT.

There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to just do all the basic editing I've been doing for over a decade without having the program lockup. I lost some really nice cuts this morning. It just hangs there like it's done before. I open task manager and all my resources are not even being used.

Here's a screen shot of my task manager next to adobe locked up on a spot where a low resolution video was inserted into the timeline. It locked up after I clicked on the project panel to bring in more media.

2018-12-16.png

So I force close premiere and reopen it. I bring in the new media but only the audio will drag into the timeline! So, I look to see if there's updates because recently there was an update and after that some issues, then a new update resolved those issues. Sure enough, there's a third update. It's barely been a month it seems and three updates??? Adobe needs to do more rigorous testing before rolling out these updates. They're making enough money to do this. Paying customers should not be beta testers. What are they doing with all this money we're throwing at them? Or, maybe more people have already quit adobe than I realize?

I WILL BE LEAVING ADOBE. A lot of people are leaving adobe. Look YouTube and you'll find many people that hate the subscription model. The problem is we're paying more for adobe than what the competition charges combined. And, in the end we're getting something that updates and causes issues.

I've met a lot of professionals who just need a program that works, I'm talking people like myself that make a living doing videography. Once it works we don't need to update it, IF IT'S NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT. Sure, if the company wants to role out one or two updates a year with new "features" that's awesome. A one time fee should be sufficient. Maybe a fee every few years for the newest if necessary.

After seeing so many people leave adobe for better programs that are even free like DaVinci Resolve (free version or paid, paid version is free if you buy a Black Magic camera) and experiencing all these issues I'm ready to get away from Adobe. In the comments of these videos you'll see a lot of people doing the same thing. They all say they're very happy to get away from Adobe's subscription model, zero tech support, and adobe's constant issues. I would have already left, I just need to finish some projects I've already started in Premiere.

Don't get me wrong, when it works it works fine. I am very comfortable with the workflow. But, for a few years now I just haven't been able to justify paying for it over and over since I do the same type of editing with virtually every project. It's insane paying for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few months I have been trying the free version of Davinci Resolve.  I have experienced various bugs.  If you visit the Black Magic User Forum for Davinci Resolve, you will see that Resolve has bugs.  I have been using Adobe Premiere since 1991.  I have had only a couple of bugs.  They were quickly resolved on the Premiere User Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you should try the paid version. I know someone that uses the free without problems and loves it. But, most professionals use the paid version because the free is limited. I haven't tried it yet, but I definitely will be when I get done with my current project. After hearing about a lot of professionals moving to DaVinci I'm pretty confident it's going to be all I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there is no question here: moving to Video Lounge​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found my own solution for problems with Davinci Resolve(Free Version).  Black Magic User Forums did not have an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines