Time to install other editing softwears

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think adobe is over, Now its time to install other editing softwears like FCP,  Da Vinci Pro, Edius and even filmora is better then premier pro 2022

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ancient thread, btw.

I've got a 24 core 3960x w 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti, Premiere 2022 screams on it. As it does on my 4 year old Acer laptop.

I also personally use Resolve daily, and teach/work with colorists around the world. Who are typically more Mac folks and of course based in Resolve. To get 'even half decent' performance in Resolve, they push for having MONSTER machines. 256GB of RAM, working media on huge RAID arrays with multiple high-speed connections. Massive GPUs or quite likely a pair of them.

Any of these complex video post apps can require mega hardware. They all work a bit differently with the the hardware, need different setups, and all can blorp on some users at any time. My Resolve based friends have their long lists of bugs/bad behaviors that haven't been fixed for years also.

Pick your poison. And the number of Premiere users on a daily basis is astounding. And growing.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a 32 core 3950x w 128GB of 3600RAM, RTX 3090, Premier 2022 runs worse than RDR2 on a 1989 IBM laptop. That is to say, like a dog which taking out back.

That is to say, gone are the days when hardware seemed to make a difference to performance. Premier has been buggy as hell since 22 dropped and I'm running out of patience at this point since it feels like every realease becomes that little bit more frustrating to use.

That being said, Resolve is even worse. So Premiere has that going for it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Robert,

You can partially blame the camera manufacturers who continually are coming out with post HD formats that they think we need. 4K? Sure! 8K? Why not. While they were at it, they developed an even more satanic codec than H.264. A little some-some called HEVC. So, while one can have a rocket ship computer, it does not matter much, it can be defeated by hardcore formats. You battle plan should include. how to make your media play nice. Once you've transcoded to ProRes LT or similar (preferred for rigs like yours), or you work with proxies, you'll be back in the game. Try it. 

Cheers,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for the constructive response. I'll try to be equally so!

I agree with camera firms running rampant over the last few years, but unfortunatly none of my work is coming from that source since I'm a CG Artist. That means anything I'm plugging into Premier is at most going to be 4K ProRes 30, though more often than not 1440p. However, I can just as easily be shipping out 720 dailies and get the same epic lag so I'm not sure it is my source. I wouldn't dare bring HEVC or intermediete codecs near pro. 

I use AME whenever I get external intermediete material and to be honest this workflow has worked fine for me for years in both Pro and Resolve, so I'm just a bit miffed that Pro has become the proverbial snail in the race since the last year or so.

Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Rob

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many others I 'monitor' such threads. User performance at this time is all over the place, so unpredictable it seems. So any potential diagnosis/solutions is of interest.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I transcode to ProRes and 2k, 4k, and 8k all playback really well from SSD and Flash storage in Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Resolve, and even Media Composer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know that blorp had so many meanings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble? What's going on? Need help? Let us know.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Make your promotional social content with Adobe Express.

Get started quickly with free templates: