• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worst App Ever

New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Premier Pro has, in my opinion, got the be the worst app ever as far as user friendliness goes. It took longer to download and install than it lived on my PC. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to navigate to my movie clip and another 20 to add an audio track that, on playback, sound like a scratched up CD for all the skipping it did. The mp3 plays just fine in ALL other apps; it only skips in your software. That ended my affair with your software. Based on those 30 minutes which I can never get back, it would take me 6 years f college just to learn to navigate your bloated software and another 10 to learn what the options do.

On a scale of 1 - 10, you rate -100 for annoying and user friendliness and -1000 for simplicity.

Why can't you software companies make a video editing software designed for us people who simply want to click and go. We don't need or want a billion options that even most professional users NEVER use.

Keep it simple stupid!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're just a troll, right? Pretty much have to be ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply is derogatory and an attack upon of my opinion. It has been reported as abuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did I ask if you were trolling? Check out Terri's comment above.

This forum if for those using Premiere Pro ... Adobe also makes Premiere Elements, which is for the amateur market. It just seemed rather strange for someone to choose a pro-level product, then take the time to come onto the user-to-user forum and complain that it's not designed for amateur work, when the company makes quite a good amateur video program. And provides a user-to-user forum for that program also.

Which is why I questioned that original post. And asked if you were trolling. It didn't make any sense to me.

And in this second post ... "I wanted Adobe to know how I felt" ... but you posted that on a user-to-user forum. Adobe product management does not frequent these forums, though their Product Support Staff do monitor them. Again, those are not staff within the products themselves, however, it's an entirely different "chain of command". So you weren't actually telling Adobe, but other users, how you felt.

But then, were you aware they make the Elements version? Did you check? Did you research? You certainly have made many statements about me without having done the simple research that would have shown them to be balderdash.

And do note, I asked if you were trolling. You're the one who's taken the comments to an entirely different and very personal level. Some rather wild statements and assumptions there. My.

And I loved this touch ...

" ... you won't here me calling you names because yours differs. I'm glad you think the sun rises and sets on Adobe. Perhaps you ought to build them an alter and create a religion around them..."

You are above calling names ... and then proceed immediately to cast aspersions.

Any simple searching through these forums will find plenty of detailed, researched problems I've posted myself about (or agreed with other's posts) on PrPro and SpeedGrade. But any simple searching would have found that Adobe makes both a pro and an amateur video editing program.

Both of which do some things very well, but has other things that a competing program may do far better. As one finds out when one does a bit of research. Neither the Adobe products nor their competitors projects are worthy of worship. Just use, if they actually work for your needs. In all, PrPro does take care of most of my needs. And I know from practical experience and research how to get around the parts that are irritating weaknesses for me.

Such as the ridiculous decision to discontinue the Direct Link between PrPro and SpeedGrade ... well, it's my opinion that it's a ridiculous decision. For whatever reason, the PrPro management in general doth not seem to agree with me. And they do know my thoughts on the matter, rather directly in fact. As do other users on these forums.

Now ... I can teach you how to get around most of the limitations (comparatively) of the Lumetri panel vs. SpeedGrade, as I've worked at learning how to use this in spite of things I find as direct and irritating limitations. Most of the major people around here, like myself users that help other users, have their areas of expertise in how to get around the limitations of the program.

If you actually want to learn to use it, "we" can be very helpful. If you want to try the Elements, they have a very useful forum there also ... but one gets a lot farther when one does a bit of research first ... just a suggestion.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply is derogatory

But not unwarranted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds as if you havn't invested much time in attempting to learn Premiere. It's not a toy application you can just guess how to use, there's a learning curve and you need to look at video tutorials or buy a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me 10 minutes to figure out ...

You can't do that with software at this level.  You really need to start with some training in the general subject of video production.  Once you have those skills, then you need to read the entire manual for Premiere Pro.

If you don't have that kind of dedication, then Premiere Pro is not for you.  Take a look at Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this response is helpful (assuming I was able to quote it);

Looking at elements, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you use Premiere Elements, be sure to convert your mp3 files to wav files before importing into Premiere Elements or Premier Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't need or want a billion options that even most professional users NEVER use.

Who is "we" ...and how would you know that!  Cos you are wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I use most of the options in premiere Pro as a professional of 20 odd years experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines