• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Login Prompting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is now prompting me to login online every time I open a PDF.

How can I disable this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Hi All,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, could you please install the latest patch of Adobe Reader version 19.008.20080 from help menu of Adobe Reader>check for updates, or manually through 19.008.20080 Optional update, October 22, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products and check if you still experience this issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christopherb36989850,

It would help, if you could please provide detailed steps that you are performing, along with product version and OS details.

Also, it will be great if you can attach a screenshot of the issue you are facing.

Thanks

Sumita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumita,

The auto prompt login request occurs when:

1. Opening a PDF

2. Downloading a PDF

3. Opening Adobe Acrobat DC

4. maybe other operations as well

My version is 2019.008.20074

OS Windows 10 Pro

The dialogue box that opens reads:

Adobe Acrobat

Sign In

Sign in with your Adobe ID to use this product and access your membership information.

We will sign you in as Adobe ID:....

(Not your Adobe ID?)

I can't attached a screen shot because it includes my ID.

ALSO, a separate question. Why can't I upload a PDF to this forum? Seems odd that you can upload an image and video but not a PDF.

Perhaps I'm overlooking the button.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christopherb36989850,

Signing in is compulsory to use Acrobat. There is no option to skip this part. Please sign in with your Adobe id to use Acrobat seamlessly. Please revert back if you are getting the sign in dialog even after you signed back in.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ravi,

Why is it compulsory? It never was before.

We don't want to constantly be signed in to Adobe when our PDFs are used offline. We do not do any online collaboration or work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree.  we have over 50 users complaining about this issue.  being prompted to sign in everytime they open a pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat don't require to be online every time but it's requires users to be signed in and activated once. Please let me know if you are getting these sign in prompts after you signed in Acrobat again.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, could you please install the latest patch of Adobe Reader version 19.008.20080 from help menu of Adobe Reader>check for updates, or manually through 19.008.20080 Optional update, October 22, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products and check if you still experience this issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. I have downloaded the patch for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I don't have Adobe Reader as a stand alone. So I'm not sure how to download the patch through Adobe Reader.

I am still being prompted to Sign-in even though when I have Acrobat Pro DC open I am signed in. This is confusing and tiresome having to close out the window 20 times a day.

Please let me know how to correct.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mandatory login is still prompting me ALL the time. Having to close it down 10-15 times a day is very annoying. Please help.

I don't want to abandon Adobe but if the issue can't resolved I will look to other software that doesnt have this problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christopherb36989850,

Could you please confirm if you have tried signing in again in Acrobat and you are still getting these nags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ravi,

Everything is resolved. I am no longer getting prompted to sign in.

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines