• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro-compatibility with MacOS Catalina version 10.15?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Acrobat Pro.app" need to be updated.

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

Here is the message when I upgrade to macOS Catalina. 

Is there any plan to update "Adobe Acrobat Pro" to be compatible with macOS Catalina?

I am looking forward to any news about this issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019
It will never be possible to use Acrobat XI in Catalina. Apple chose to shut it down forever. If you upgrade macOS you need to budget for all new apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have different news for you depending on the answer to this question: what version if Acrobat Pro is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell the software name: Adobe Acrobat XI Pro which I purchased a license of. But, I don't know what version of it because I can't open it to check the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently no version is supported macOS 10.15.
Supported versions will be updated soon.
However, support for Acrobat DC 2015 will end next spring, so it may not be supported.
Therefore, it is highly likely that Acrobat DC Continious and Acrobat Pro 2017 will be targeted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not true. Acrobat DC is compatible with Catalina. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyungilk,

We have released an update for Acrobat which is compatible with the Mac OS Catalina.

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates. You may refer to the following link to check the latest version released for Acrobat/Reader.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

For more details, please refer to the following helpful links:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comments. However, I can't access to the Help> Check for updates due to

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 10.59.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version 11.0.07 of which originally I purchased a license. But, The installation can not be in progress in MacOS Catalina version 10.15 even being failed Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version 11.0.23. 

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 11.17.05.png

 Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 11.10.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will never be possible to use Acrobat XI in Catalina. Apple chose to shut it down forever. If you upgrade macOS you need to budget for all new apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. MacOS Catalina is Sucky! It has many bugs for microsoft software as well. I don't want to use Mac more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS is a higher version and does not consider compatibility with previous versions. The abolition of 32-bit applications and OpenGL / OpenCL in macOS 10.15 is a significant indication. When using macOS, it is essential to always use for the latest applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Catalina, I'm going to repeat this, you MUST get all new apps. Everyone needs to know that no old apps can run. These are not bugs, this is deliberate blocking of old apps, so you must buy new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same difficulty!!!

Would not have updated to Catalina had I known that I would not be able to access my pdf files!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EMayB you will need to get the very latest version of all of your apps. Catalina can be a very expensive upgrade. What version of Acrobat are you trying to run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what version of Acrobat I'm running except the info says 10.1.16 and I believe it's "X". What I'm reading in this thread is that I now need to purchase Acrobat DC. That is not coming up as an option in my App Store (or it's using a different name/terminology). So, where might I find the app that is compatible with Catalina so I can move forward with life being able to use Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Is there a version of Adobe Acrobat that can be purchased (NOT subscription) that is compatible with Catalina?

We cannot update the software because the application will not open (see @kyungilk's screenshot above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do you have, Beth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro version: 11.0.23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok there are no updates for Acrobat XI. You can buy Acrobat 2017, or - I’d recommend - a subscription to Acrobat Pro DC, which includes future updates while you pay. Otherwise expect to need to re-buy often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. 

Thank you for your help!! Very much appreciated.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose Acrobat 2017, be aware of the support period.
Acrobat 2017 will end support on June 6, 2022 and may be more expensive than using Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. WHEN I GO TO HELP, CHECK FOR UPATES, I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE - 1042 - CANNOT CONNECT TO UPDATE SERVER. BUT I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... this is wayyyy too complicated! Why can I NOT, for a hefty montly subcription fee, justs simply use (so, download and update) Adobe's Acrobat softwares. These links are incredibly tedious info - like, "say what?" There are way, way too many tech items that I have to trouble shoot on a regular (daily) basis for this to be the case w/ NOW ACROBAT.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tarah, what is the problem you are having? There's loads of discussion here of no interest to people who already have an up to date Acrobat DC. Once Acrobat DC is running, it should just update itself, you never need to download any updates. If you aren't yet running Acrobat DC, you're sure going to have to download it once, and we can help you with that: let us know what problems you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Wine and PlayOnLinux are known to be struggling during this 32bit drop from mac"

So is Crossover

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/ken/2019/10/3/crossover-for-catalina-progress-october-3-2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines