• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right-click on Windows is not working in XD v23.1

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just updated Adobe XD to the latest version and after that I can't access the right-click of the mouse in the artboards. The problem is only there, the right-click works well in the Adobe XD menus and in all the other applications. 

My Operation System is Windows 10 and is also updated.

Is this a bug? 

Thanks

Fernanda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Hi Everyone, 

Please update to the latest version of Adobe XD v24.0.22 and share the results. If the problem still persists, try shifting Adobe XD to primary monitor and see if that helps. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

PS: Threads merged 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, by chance you have only updated or have you performed a clean installation of the software? However, I suggest you uninstall Adobe XD via the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, in order to eliminate any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue after updating as well.

Right Click is working again as expected after uninstalling and reinstalling XD - although, I didn't use the Cleaner, just through the Apps panel on Adobe Creative Cloud.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further on from this - reinstalling had appeared to work, however, now, right click has stopped working (opening the menu) again. Based on some of the feedback further down this channel, I can confirm that it indeed only works correctly when using my primary screen (Surface Pro 2), and not on my additional monitors. This is a pain as I now have to keep swapping between my monitors whilst I'm working.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it for me. I remember that there used to be exactly the same problem with Bridge a couple of years back, if that helps at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated to the latest version of XD, the right click doesn't work on egverything. I am working on a windows 10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here since the last update. Tried restarting, of course. Right click working fine in my other Windows 10 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me, and performing a clean install will not solve this problem.

I've reached the customer support and it's not a known issue.

The solution to this problem is uninstalling the up to date XD, and install an older version using the creative cloud.

Probably a formal bug report should be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on XD version 23.1.32.2. Running W10 1903.

Rolled back to 22.7.12 and it works fine. Did a fresh intall of the latest version and its not functioning. 

Thanks,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, do you use a second screen ?

I work on a Surface Book 2 and contextual menu doesn't work on my second screen. But, it works on my main screen (laptop screen). So may be the bug is that contextual menu doesn't work on secondary screen.

Of course it's super frustrating to work on my little screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I have to move XD to my main monitor for right click to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worked for me but it’s a very frustrating update. Also encountered issues editing text and renaming components. Looks like a rushed update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved my day. Thanks! 🙂 I have only switched monitors in Windows settings (so that the laptop screen is the secondary screen) and I can work on a bigger screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I'd have figured this out by mistake eventually, but not soon enough.  Well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. After the latest update (october 19) my right-mouse click won't work.

I've already tryed uninstalling and reinstalling but had no luck.

How should I proceed:?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested above, try moving the Adobe XD application to your primary monitor if you're using multiple monitors. This just worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also remember that you can choose which monitor you want as your main display in your display settings. You should be able to right-click on your main display monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, when I move to my second monitor the right-click functionality is no longer available.  Any fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click to create a component and other features not working after the last update.
Not able to right-click and create a component after the latest update on 11th October 2019. Also, other features that appear on right-click does not show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

Please update to the latest version of Adobe XD v24.0.22 and share the results. If the problem still persists, try shifting Adobe XD to primary monitor and see if that helps. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

PS: Threads merged 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my menu function issn't working on Windows 10 in XD. Can't bring up any menu with right click or contol click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the same issue. I found out that right-clicking doesn't work on a secondary screen. It works if you drag the app back into the primary monitor. 

PS. I'm using a wacom cintiq tablet as primary screen. hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! that worked, I've changed my primary monitor to the screen that I'm working on and it's all good now. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines