Can't find xmp file

I have installed all recent updates.

I worked on a raw file in camera raw cause I did not have my catalog available so could not work with Lightroom.

in the past, after finishing, I used to have an xmp file next to the raw file and then, when importing to Lightroom, it came with all the adjustments I made.

Now, I can't find the xmp file and after importing to Lightroom, I'm getting the raw file without any adjustments at all.

How do I find the adjustments made to bring them also into Lightroom ?

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Can't find xmp file

I have installed all recent updates.

I worked on a raw file in camera raw cause I did not have my catalog available so could not work with Lightroom.

in the past, after finishing, I used to have an xmp file next to the raw file and then, when importing to Lightroom, it came with all the adjustments I made.

Now, I can't find the xmp file and after importing to Lightroom, I'm getting the raw file without any adjustments at all.

How do I find the adjustments made to bring them also into Lightroom ?

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by D_Fosse
Adobe Community Professional, Oct 18, 2018

If it's a DNG there's no sidecar, it's in the file header. "Read metadata from file" should bring it into the Lr catalog.

2 Replies

Re: Can't find xmp file

If it's a DNG there's no sidecar, it's in the file header. "Read metadata from file" should bring it into the Lr catalog.

View all replies

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Re: Can't find xmp file

It is a NEF file.

but i will try. thank you.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines