Yes you can flip and mirror images in Adobe Camera Raw. Here's how:

Windows: hold the "Alt" button and click on the Rotate button in the tool bar. One is for "flip horizontal" and one is for "flip vertical".

MAC: hold the "Opt" button and click on the Rotate button in the tool bar. One is for "flip horizontal" and one is for "flip vertical".

Note: This does not work within Photoshop's built-in version of ACR, only in ACR launched from Bridge.

There are a few archived posts that say this is not possible in ACR and those answers are wrong. You can flip images in ACR.

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Yes you can flip and mirror images in Adobe Camera Raw. Here's how:

Windows: hold the "Alt" button and click on the Rotate button in the tool bar. One is for "flip horizontal" and one is for "flip vertical".

MAC: hold the "Opt" button and click on the Rotate button in the tool bar. One is for "flip horizontal" and one is for "flip vertical".

Note: This does not work within Photoshop's built-in version of ACR, only in ACR launched from Bridge.

There are a few archived posts that say this is not possible in ACR and those answers are wrong. You can flip images in ACR.

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
4 Replies

Re: Yes you can flip and mirror images in Adobe Camera Raw. Here's how:

Adobe Community Professional, Aug 26, 2018

Indeed you can. I didn't know that.

However - it does work in ACR whether hosted by Photoshop or Bridge, no difference. I suspect you're confusing with the ACR filter in Photoshop, which isn't quite the same thing. The filter is used on RGB files already open in Photoshop.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thanks for letting me know about Photoshop's ACR. Like you said, I was talking about the plug-in I guess (I use shortcut CNTR + SHIFT + A), so I will update the info if I can.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Aug 27, 2018

Those answers were probably right at the time.

Seems that flip and mirror were first introduced in ACR 10.2 in Feb 2018.

https://sharpenyourimage.co.uk/new-flip-option-for-mirror-images-in-dental-photography/

I cannot find any Adobe articles discussing these new features though.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thank you for the info! I wanted that to be known so they can possibly be updated (unable to comment on archived posts) because I was searching and only found those answers. I contacted the users who answered and one got back with me and was able to change it, hopefully we can get them both updated.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines