• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Output - Drag and Drop Interactivity doesn't pause

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a drag and drop interaction in Captivate 9.

I used the standard interaction.

It plays just fine in the standard browser preview, but when I preview in HTML 5, the slide doesn't pause.

After the 3 seconds the slide continues to the next slide.

I have a next button on the slide paused at the end of the timeline.

Has anyone had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

By default a D&D slide is pausing at 1,5 secs. Maybe you should look at this article and download the free pdf I provided:

How and Why Pause Captivate’s Timeline? | eLearning

That pause is linked with the Submit button, not visible in the Timeline, but you can se this in the Actions tab of the D&D panel.

PauseDD.png

No need to add another pausing point at all. Did you perhaps delete the Submit button ? You can drag it from the stage in the scratch area, replace it by Auto Submit. Check the pausing in Actions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default a D&D slide is pausing at 1,5 secs. Maybe you should look at this article and download the free pdf I provided:

How and Why Pause Captivate’s Timeline? | eLearning

That pause is linked with the Submit button, not visible in the Timeline, but you can se this in the Actions tab of the D&D panel.

PauseDD.png

No need to add another pausing point at all. Did you perhaps delete the Submit button ? You can drag it from the stage in the scratch area, replace it by Auto Submit. Check the pausing in Actions tab, please and don't delete the Submit button.

When the Submit button is clicked (or Auto Submit, which is only for correct answers), and the answer is correct, the Success action will be done. When the attempts are limited, the Failure action will be done after the last attempt. Both actions are by default set to Continue, but can be changed of course.

Another reason why the slide is not respecting the pause can be an Object action, where the option 'Continue playing the project' is not unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I kept the reset button.

I ended up changing the object action for every drop target.

For some reason this was only an issue when the output was HTML5. Not an issue otherwise.

I am all set now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was talking about the Submit, not the Reset button.

Was it due to the Object actions that did release the playhead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. There were object actions on every drag target. Not readily noticeable. I clicked on each drag target and opened the object actions box for each one. I edited one by one from continue to no action. Then the pause remained.

It is odd that it worked fine except in HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you didn' test fully but if  set all Object actions to be 'Continue', the playhead will be released after each drag action and this happens for SWF as well as for HTML output. The command 'Continue' is the opposite of 'Pause'. You want the D&D slide to remain paused until the user decides to enter his answer. For that reason it has that automatic pausing point at 1,5secs, which is linked to the Submit button. It is almost the same situation as for Quiz slides, which have the same pausing point at 1,5secs. In my career as Captivate trainer and consultant I learned that understanding the functionality of the Timeline and the different ways to pause that timeline is the first skill for any Captivate user to learn. It is one out of 3 stumbling blocks for Cp starters, along with understanding Quizzes and the design concept of Themes. For that first skill, I published on the community already 4 articles about the Timeline. I gave you a link to the last one, which has links to the others. The fifth post is perhaps less relevant, because it talks about shortcut keys and color codes in the timeline, but the first, third and fourth are really important to read. All is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources