• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting MP4 video for HTML5

Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Captivate 6 project that has a video and needs to published as HTML5. I understand that for HTML5, the video needs to be MP4. Yet Captivate won't let me insert an MP4 video (only FLV). What do I need to do to insert video?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Hi Jay,

You have to install Media Info and after installing you can know all the information regarding any media file,

Download Link

After Installing, Open Media Info and open the file whose details you want and you can get the codec information, below screenshot might help you in finding the location

mediainfo.png

regards,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

Good news: do not bother about that, just insert it. When publishing to HTML5, Captivate will take care of it, Media Encoder will open and the video will be converted for you. Cool, not?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it were that simple. I inserted my FLV. Then I tried to preview in HTML5 browser, Adobe Media Encoder refused to convert my FLV to MP4 so when I previewed it in HTML5 web browser, the video wouldn't play.

In the Captivate Help menu it says that the only FLV files that are supported in HTML5 output from Captivate are FLV files created using On2VP6 codec. Apparently my FLV doesn't have that codec.

I have the same movie in AVI format, which I converted to FLV. This time when I tried to preview in HTML5 web browser the Adobe Media Encoder was able to convert it to MP4. But when previewing in HTML5 web browser, the video has a spinning arrow and the video never appears so I can't preview it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check it with some FLV, but I had them encode to FLV by Media encoder and all played well. Did you try to view after publishing or only like Preview?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried publishing and got a message that the conversion to MP4 failed. When I previewed after the conversion the slide with the video has a spinning arrow and it does not display. The rest of the project looks fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how I can check t see if the FLV I have has the On2VP6 codec, or which codec is does have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

You have to install Media Info and after installing you can know all the information regarding any media file,

Download Link

After Installing, Open Media Info and open the file whose details you want and you can get the codec information, below screenshot might help you in finding the location

mediainfo.png

regards,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a recomendation for a program that could convert an FLV that does not have the On2VPS codec to an FLV that does have the On2VPS codec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cannot Adobe Media Encoder do that?

If not, 'Super' might:

http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html#Down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources