• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening .bak files - CP v4

Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having some major problems opening existing Captivate files and I'm wondering if anyone can help.

First, I have been working on a project for weeks and it is currently pretty large (61 MB).  I have been working on the file all day today and saving the file pretty consistently.  After my last save, I closed the project because I had a meeting to go to.

When I returned from my meeting, I tried to open the file again, and when the initial Captivate loading screen came up, I saw that it was 'Loading Project (lower left hand corner), but the project wouldn't open.  The cursor changed from arrow/hourglass to just arrow without the project opening.  If I float my mouse over the project on that initial welcome window, the project says it's 61 MB, but there are 0 slides in it.

Since my system is programmed to automatically create a .bak file, I have a .bak file for this project.  Since this is technically the backup file, I'd like to open it....but I do not know how to.  I tried to open the file with Captivate, but it wouldn't open.  Windows doesn't recognize how to open it so I'm at a loss.

I have a deadline for this project so any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Jessica

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

The name of your backup file must be something like <your_project_name>.cp.bak

To open this file with captivate first create a copy of this file and then rename the file to "<project_name>.cp", i.e. remove the ".bak" from the end. This should work as the ".bak" file is nothing but a ".cp" file with a ".bak" appended in its name.

Regards

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rahul.  I tried this and the project still failed to open.  I believe that the files have become corrupt and now I need to start the entire project from scratch. 

-Jessica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources