• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM Cloud Error

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use SCORM Cloud to test my Adobe Captivate project that I developed for an LMS (SCORM 1.2). However, I keep getting an error message  (see image below) telling me to check internet connection. However, I have high speed internet with a direct connection so don't think that is the issue. I have tried multiple times. The project is very large 232,622K and has a lot of video. Is there a limit on how large the file can be to upload to SCORM Cloud? So far I check my internet connection and removed the firewall for Adobe Captivate. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be great. SCORMCloud ERROR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can only use 100MB for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually hosting the video files on your internal server and launching them with a relative link?

If so, the file size limit for ScormCloud as TLCMediaDesign​ mentions may be the issue.

In addition your LMS may have file size and bandwith limits that will cost money or more aggravation when trying to serve the course. So, you should verify that your LMS agreement won't add billing charges for the video bandwidth.

Alternatively, most LMSs have implemented additional charges to ensure that video is hosted on a streaming server or service, like Vimeo or YouTube, so the bandwidth of the LMS is focused on accessing content metadata, rather than serving it.

This approach can involve a webobject accessing video via an embed url and special paramaters can be added to the URL to add/suppress controls or branding to maintain your project's user experience goals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am  pulling the video off my computer.

I have the new version of Captivate 9. Just downloaded last week. 
I am getting a different error message with the smaller project upload -- Publish Failed
This project should not be too large - 46,324KB and only has audio. 

I do get a message telling me that not everything is in HTML5...but it is not a responsive project so should not matter as far as I know. 

So i am thinking something else is wrong... Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, 'Publish Failed' can appear for a number of reasons.

If you have a file open in an editor, most browsers won't mark the file as open, within the target folder. This would prevent it from being overwritten.

Speaking of that, not having permission to the folder or sub-folders for write access would also cause this.

Double check any changes you recently made to settings, as a conflict could also cause the publication to fail.

Are you on a corporate network?

If so, save then shut down captivate and reboot.

Your IT department may have changed your permissions remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources