• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import brushes to Fresco and manage them easily

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your queries releated to brushes are answered here.

1. Import huge brush sets or mega brush packs to Fresco

You simply just need to bring your brushes into Fresco through Photoshop for the smooth workflow. For better understanding, follow this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/how-to/kyles-brushes-in-sketch.html

2. Don't have Photoshop? Here's how to import the brushes to Fresco

For those who don't have Photoshop, you should make smaller file sets of the brush sets and bring in those smaller sets. So instead of trying to import 200 brushes at a time you'd be trying to bring in 20.

3. How to manage (delete, modify, rename) the brushes from within Fresco?

Its not possible to manage your brushes from within the Fresco app. You'll need to install the Creative Cloud Mobile App onto your iPad and manage your brushes from the Libraries tab.

4. Brushes imported to Fresco are grayed out or take time to load

If your brushes are successfully imported to the Fresco app but look grayed out or you just see the grey lines instead of brush names, please make sure that you're connected to a high speed network because the brushes take time to load basis on their size and network connection.

5. No way to reorder/re-arrange the brushes in Fresco?

If you find it tedious to scroll trough your brush in Fresco app each time you're working on any artwork, try marking the most used brushes as favorite and that way they should appear at the top.

Missed out any query? Have something different to ask? Feel free to post your question and we'll be happy to assit you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very helpful, thanks! I think most of us get that everything at this point happens through the cloud. But I think this points to an issue for users who don't have a very fast internet connection. Managing brushes and other elements makes good sense. But I would ask for Adobe to consider some way (caching, preloading...) or the ability to have certain elements locally stored. Seems to make sense especially for those working remotely on an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo. I am working remotely without internet, and the fact that the brushes seem to be stored in the cloud makes Fresco 100% useless. Procreate doesn't have this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once brushes are uploaded into Fresco, you do not need to be online to use them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have a question.
Is there a way to save a customized pixel brush?
Size, Color, and more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mio4444, 

I'm sorry but there is not such possibility as of now but you can submit a feature request here: adobefresco.uservoice.com

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not very helpful. This completely misses the issue. I don't mind waiting a while for brushes to be loaded the first time, but I DO mind:

- No feedback is given for when the brushes are loaded or not. They just randomly appear.

- Even after brushes are loaded, they disappear again! And then they must be re-loaded again. 

This is so so basic - how can this app fail in such a basic area as loading brushes? I can't even begin to use it before this issue is fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you elaborate on the issue a little more? Does the app ask you to load brushes again when you launch it? 

Have you already imported your brushes into Fresco completely?

We're here to help!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem as this user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"please make sure that you're connected to a high speed network because the brushes take time to load basis on their size and network connection."

So you are saying that Fresco can only be used while you have a high speed internet connection? If so, that is just horrible, terrible, disastrous. Why in the world would you design your app to behave this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The app can work in low speed connection as well but if you're trying to import a brush into the app then it might take sometime to sync to the app because syncing completely depends upon the network.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I'm on the train in the middle of nowhere and want to paint what I see out of the window. No internet connection. I load up Fresco. All brushes are just a grey line and cannot be selected. Is this really how you designed your app to work? In other words, it doesn't work at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know--WTF?! I was SO excited to finally use Kyle Webster's brushes on my iPad. Downloaded 'em  right to my device, loaded the file(s) in Fresco as directed, got a progress window + what SEEMED to be an indication the process had finished. Opened the brush panel again ...nothing but gray boxes. Is this seriously going to take hours?! My wifi connection is just fine. What am I supposed to do--find some way to plug the iPad into my modem? Jeez almighty...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I tried the import the brushes at my end and everything loads fine. Kyle's brushes are a huge collection and definetely require high speed to load. For the first time, it might take some additonal time to get imported but once it is there, it'll load up normally each time. 

Did you try connecting to a different network and check the difference?

Regards,

Sheena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, if you have installed the brushes directly in Fresco, i.e., clicking "+ > Import from files", then you cannot mangage the brushes via the Creative Cloud Mobile app. Brushes installed the way I described do not appear there.

For users of Fresco who have installed brushes as I described, how do they delete brushes - the process you described does not work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I checked at my end and when I import brushes using the same workflow as you described, they appear under the libraries tab in the Creative Cloud mobile app. 

If I delete them from the Creative Cloud mobile app, they get removed from Fresco as well.

Can you try to check if you're signed in to fresco and Creative Cloud mobile app using the same Adobe ID?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm running into the same issue as Nathan. Brushes imported to Fresco from KyleWebster do NOT appear in creative cloud app. A small subset of Kyle's Megapack brushes appear in the creative cloud app (20 of the 300+ brushes) and that's it. I need to be able to remove his brushes from Fresco as it's absolutely killing my brush load time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

I have the same issue as nathancooper above.  Wanting to remove duplicate sets of Kyle brushes that I imported because I didn't know/get any notification that they had loaded, I did as you instructed and installed the Creative Cloud Mobile App onto my iPad. However, there are no brushes under the Libraries tab. So then how do I delete the extra brush sets in Fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind logging into https://assets.adobe.com/libraries and check if you're able to locate your brushsets and manage them from there?

In the meanwhile I can quickly check with the product team and get you more details. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any follow up to this, because I have tried my darndest to get the Kyle brushes that I have successfully downloaded into Fresco, to show up in the CC libraries. 

It seems to be very hit or miss in that some users have reported finding them, but most users have not. 

Is there any way that Adobe can add an option for the brushes to be downloaded directly to CC, instead of to Fresco. 

That way they will be in the library for sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll second Taylor's experience. I loaded some brushes which strangely didn't show up in the composition I was working on but then I created a new composition, I could see them all but with multiple duplicates because I tried once, restarted, tried again, tried again (and again), before opening a different composition. So now have multiple duplicates in the brush panel.

I did find the libraries tab in the mobile app but it also does not show anything related to brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I suspect it can be because if the Adobe ID that you're using can be different on the apps.

However, I'd suggest you send a message via the report a bug option within the app so that we can assist you directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem. Loaded brushes into Adobe fresco, but they don't show up in the CC Librray view. So now i can't edit them, delete, ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to recall what brush you used earlier on in artwork? 
I was using a great brush, changed to a few different brushes, then later on in the artwork, I wanted to use the same brush- but couldn't find it!

Hope you can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aye. 

Unfortunately, no. 

If you leave one brush family (say Pixel) and then go to another brush family (Vector) when you return to that first brush family your brush will still be selected but there is no way to find a previous brush in the same brush family if, for example, you've used ten different brushes in it.

We do know, however, how useful this  feature would be and it will eventually make it into Fresco.

In the meantime, it can't hurt to just "favorite" brushes you like. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines