Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watercolour on Fresco

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portrait from memoryPortrait from memory

I used fresco to bring this portrait to life, utilizing the live brushes. These brushes give a lovely real time feel of how watercolour happens. 

You can check out the Time lapse and other painting details here!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've only play with thWC briefly, but when i paint, then dry the layer, then paint again, the colors re-wet, as if i did not dry them. i'd expect my pigment to not re-mix. are you seeing that too? i  know i could make a new layer for the next wash of color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this forum software is so bad. you ask some one a question, and unless they check back to see their exact post, they'll never know a question was asked of them. "email me when some one replies" does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Marc. I'm equally frustrated by the inability to see replies and I'm sorry I never saw yours from two weeks ago. I've learned now to sort by Latest Replies so I can see the most recent posts. It's not efficient at all but at least I'm not missing so many posts. About adding watercolor to already-dried watercolor: Since you're in essence "re-wetting" the canvas there will be some blending of color. Drying will prevent new strokes from bleeding out into existing strokes but it doesn’t stop them from mixing with what is directly underneath. A couple of things you can experiment with to get the desired result: 1. Try setting the Flow (that's the square of color in the Tool Options panel) to zero on the new color. 2. Put the second color on a new layer. See how those work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines