• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe MAX and Illustrator 24.0

Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's New.png

It’s Adobe MAX time and here you have Illustrator 24.0!  

The latest release of Adobe Illustrator includes several new features and enhancements like: 

• Path simplification – With the Simplify option, we can remove unnecessary anchor points and generate a simplified optimal path for our complex artwork, without making any significant changes to the path shape.

Here’s an article with more details. 

You can discuss about this feature here. 

• Auto Spellcheck – In addition to the Manual spellcheck feature, which was already available in Illustrator, now, an automatic way of checking spellings is also available.  

Here’s an article with more details.

You can discuss about this feature here

• Background Save & Export – Your Illustrator files are now saved and exported with a background process. You no longer need to wait for the save and export process to complete to resume work on other projects. 

Here are a couple of articles with more details:

Saving an artwork

Exporting an artwork

You can discuss about this feature here.

• Faster Effect Execution – If you have ever wished for an improved performance when applying Illustrator Effects images and objects,you'll be pleased to know that this release brings a significant improvement in theexecution ofBlur,Drop Shadow, andInner and Outer Gloweffects. Applying these effects in Illustrator is now much faster and quicker! 

Check this help article for complete details about this feature. 

Share feedback and discuss about this here

• Performance and Stability – Here’s a list of improvements we made in the latest version.

To learn more about the new features, see this link.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compared to some other Adobe products I kind of think Illustrator has mainly been forgotten when it comes to adding new features. Out of all the Adobe products, I use Illustrator the most and was looking forward to seeing what new enhancements had been added to the 2020 version. All I can say is it is very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background save

Faster Effects

General performace & stability

Happen in the background ... but might influence your workflow stronger than any new feature might perhaps do. Or when was the last time you used the Flare tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like all their time went on developing the Ipad app instead, huge disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I would prefer NO new "features" and all efforts focused on bugs and performance improvements - speed of use is much much more interesting imo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I would like at least 'one new feature' though all the speed improvements etc are always welcome. I use the flare tool but perhaps not as a flare tool but it has its uses ! It is an ok release but little else, sadly. 

A symmetry tool / mirror tool would be nice as a new feature ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can draw live mirrored: https://vimeo.com/203308388

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True but I was still thinking more of a proper inbuilt symmetry / mirror tool for 10 / 20 etc (I know MirrorMe exists !) with a lot more flexibility - great video and thanks for reminding me about the live transform feature and mirror

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed 24 and it hangs on launch. Tried cleaning problem fonts, uninstalling and reinstalling and it simply will not run. Is it incompatable with Mojave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have issues with it on Mojave.

Did you try and transfer preferences when updating?

Maybe would be better to have new preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't transfer prefs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any plugins, Wacom, font management?

The previous version did run? Or is this a first install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines