Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library panel content flashing on and off

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Has anyone else experienced the issue where you open the CC lIbrary panel in any application (InDesign, Illustrator etc.) and the content flashes on and off continuously? It looks like it's continuously trying to sync the content but fails each time after a few seconds. This problem started for me this morning for no apparent reason, nothing has been changed with any settings and no new software or plug-ins have been added.

There are a couple of older discussions here which seem unresolved. I tried one suggestion to deactivate then reactivate my Mac on my accounts page but this hasn't solved the problem for me.

All suggestions welcomed thanks.

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Thanks Ton. Actually I had an idea after posting this which fixed the problem.

I paused file synching which stooped the panel from flashing on and off, dropped any assets from the library that I needed (just a few items) then went to User / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Creative Cloud Libraries / LIBS. If you then dump the numbered folders in LIBS it clears out the existing libraries and the problem goes away.

You do lose the libraries for good of course, but if you copy the assets you s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony,

Since the problem is not restricted to Illustrator i may be better to ask it in this Creative Cloud forum:

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ton. Actually I had an idea after posting this which fixed the problem.

I paused file synching which stooped the panel from flashing on and off, dropped any assets from the library that I needed (just a few items) then went to User / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Creative Cloud Libraries / LIBS. If you then dump the numbered folders in LIBS it clears out the existing libraries and the problem goes away.

You do lose the libraries for good of course, but if you copy the assets you still need before you dump the libraries it's no bother to rebuild them. Seems to have worked fine with no other 'flashing on and off" problems. Must have been one of the items I added to the library yesterday before quitting InDesign at the end of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you added a flashlight 🙂

But glad to hear you got it solved, but there must be a more elegant solution though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure. If anyone else out there has a better solution that doesn't involve hitting the problem with a large hammer… Elegant solutions to software issues has never been my forte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're confident digging around in the System folder you could try the solution I came up with (see correct answer at the top). It's not very elegant and there's probably a better way to fix it but it worked for me. Just be sure to pause synching and drag any assets you want to keep to a fresh blank document before you delete your existing libraries.

Incidentally I think my problem may have been caused by adding an item to the library which was just to complicated to sync. I added a fairly large group of text frames from InDesign for some consistent map annotations on a book I'm working on and it started after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, thank you so much, I had the exact same issue and pausing the file syncing solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

I manage to fix it without having to lose my libraries.

All I did was:

1. Close ALL Adobe Apps, except the CC App (in the top menu bar).

2. Open the CC APP and press: Command + Option + R. This restarts all processes for the app.

3. Go to the creative cloud app > Click on the gear icon > Pause File Syncing.

4. Then, open Photoshop or any program that with the library. You will notice that the library is no longer flashing on and off.

5. Then, go ahead and add any element to any of your libraries. (I believe this is what makes the magic happen.)

6. Close the application.

7. Re activate File Syncing.

8. Open your adobe program.

9. Success!

Also I would like to mention and I don't know for sure if this had anything to do with it. But my Adobe ID was giving me some problems while trying to access the adobe forums. I also clear my cache. I REALLY doubt that this has anything to do with the libraries but it sure help me access the forums again so I could find Tony's sledgehammer solution.

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines