• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck in Spooling

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a new logo design and for some reason the file just gets stuck in the spooling stage when I send it to the printer. I've left it in that stage for over 24 hours once just to see if it would eventually work itself out, and no effect. It's not even THAT big of a file, only 1.8 MB. I've saved it as a PDF in smallest file size, tried printing it directly from Illustrator, using the file in other programs entirely, such as InDesign, no effect. The only way I printed it successfully was by saving it as a PNG and then printing the PNG file, but now that I'm working in InDesign, even swapping out the logo for the PNG file (which isn't something I want to do, since it's not as clear as the vector). All gets stuck in spooling. I'm not sure if the file is somehow corrupted, or if it's a problem with my printer, and I'm at a loss on how to troubleshoot this. Anyone have suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

Does it print when you print the PDF from Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, when I save it as a PDF and print from Acrobat, it has the same problem of getting stuck in spooling.

My computer's a Mac, the printer is a Sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your printer driver ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's how I know where it's getting stuck. Depending on the day, it will get stuck in either 40-something % or 98%, and then not process any farther. If I clear it out of the printer's queue on my computer, it will still show up in the spooling queue on the printer itself until I hard reset the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines