• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2018: Object effects do not work anymore

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m opening a 2017-indd where object effects are applied. First, they are visible as usual; after editing, saving, closing, quitting, opening again, the effects are invisible (also in overprint preview) though the adjustments are active. Every attempt to bring back the effects correctly fail. Any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

did you try to export the pages to PDF/X-4 to see if the problem is a screen redraw one?

If the effects show up in the exported PDF maybe it's wise to turn off GPU acceleration.
What is the operating system you are on? On what hardware?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe,

we are all working on iMacs (End 2015, 3,3 GHz Intel Core i7) running with Mac OS X 10.11.6. We have all the same preferences adjusted in InDesign 2018. Meanwhile we have different results which make it difficult to identify the mistake. So we need a little time to research. I will post again as soon as I can reproduce the fault constantly. Thank you for the hints (X4 + GPU). I will follow them if necessary.

Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines