Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset different look between navigator and developer

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I don't know where to find the right answer so I hope someone can help me. 

When I hover above a preset the look changes to the look I saved some time ago. But after applying the look changes immediatly as shown in the images. To make the mess complete - it doesn't happen on all presets but I can't find the difference. 

My Lightroom Version is 8.4. 

When hovering:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-15 um 09.50.40.png

When applying the same preset:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-14 um 23.58.24.png

Is there someone that knows the solution for the problem? Or is there something wrong with my preset settings?

Thank you,
Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset you're reviewing with hover (Panasonic Look) is different than the one you are applying in the second screenshot (Pansonic Portrait). Why would you expect them to look the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely correct Todd, I was just about to make a similar comment and when I came back to the thread your post came up.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it’s not, as you can see in the first picture the hovering has a slightly light grey background on ‚Österreich Panasonic Portrait‘. I selected another preset before to make clear I’m hovering above the ‚Österreich Panasonic Portrait‘ preset. The hovering preset and the selected one in the second picture are the same. I’m absolute sure. It’s a pity that the mouse isn’t visible on screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe what she means is that when she clicks on a preset the one above it in the list is selected and applied. Sounds like a UI alignment problem (or shakey hands like mine). Deleting and letting LR rewrite the Preferences file might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Elie, but no, that's not the problem. I updated the first picture. I hope that makes things clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make things clearer, I updated the first picture. So in both pictures the same preset is used, but the first one is, when just hovering above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be a graphics card issue. Try disabling the GPU in LR Preferences as shown below, restart LR, and try again.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd, thanks for your idea but that didn't changed anything. I figured out that the problem isn't showing up, when developing JPG's. I just tried some things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get these presets? Please provide a link to the site and upload one of the presets to Dropbox or other file sharing site and I'll check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Todd. I uploaded three (2 purchased and one by me) including an explanation. The purchased presets where from different photographers. I think the white balance is the problem. When the preset white balance setting is as shot, there is not that difference but when its a custom white balance, there is a difference. But I can't imagine, why Lightroom didn't get it fixed to show the custom white balance immediatly when hovering above the preset. I had Lightroom 6 before and there wasn't the problem, I'm pretty sure.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oifg2rv4yc8nfrh/AAACRAsg-iqG-Ot45rXtPDtTa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a difference in the hover preview vs loupe preview AFTER the preset has been applied. The two presets that you posted as having the issue are a much older process version. Try updating the presets by 1) applying it, 2) making sure process version 5 is selected in the Calibration panel, 3) right click on the Develop preset in the left side panel, 4) select 'Update with Current Settings. Optionally you can save it as a new preset and rename it NAME_PV5. That appears to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I tried it and it seems to work. There was version 5 in the preset already selected, but it wasn't apparently working properly. Thank you so much for spending your time on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use any text editor to modify the Develop Preset XMP file and change just these two lines as follow: crs:Version="11.4" crs:ProcessVersion="11.0" That way you don't have to worry about what settings need to be checked in the 'Update with Current Settings' selections. Generally you only want the settings that are being applied inside the preset checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work.  The problem with the Bug is a corruption in the Treatment & Profile section.  I've experienced this Bug for months.  I use Lightroom every single day to output photoshoots of several hundred photos, and I can confidently say it is a Real Time Consuming Problem!  The corruption that occurs in the Treatment & Profile section goes like this.  You have a blank RAW file in the viewer, (yes set to Version 5) you hover over a preset and everything looks normal.  You apply the preset and hover away the photo changes colors and (yes the preset is set to Version 5).  The only way to save it is to go into Treatment and click the 4 boxes and open the profiles.  Although the preset may say (Adobe Color) for example, you can scroll through the list of profles and select (Adobe Color) again and it will Sometimes display the correct colors of how the preset was supposed to look.  The only work around when you FINALLY get an image to display correctly is to Control C and Control V it to the next photo and skip the preset process all together because it is a time sucking vortex of dispair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thank you it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just filed a bug report about this in the official Adobe feedback forum: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-preset-hover-preview-incorrect-for-...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix.

The problem occurs for presets created with Temp/Tint settings from a non-raw photo. When using such a preset with a raw, the hover preview appears different from the actual Loupe view in Develop. The inconvenient workaround is to ignore the hover preview.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mxxfun wrote, "omg thank you it worked!!!".

For future reference by other reads: In his other thread, Mxxfun said he had  an old version of LR 8.4.1 installed. This bug has been fixed since then (the latest version is 9.3.).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines