• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Quick Mask does not seem to work even after using the short cut Q or by clicking on the Quick Mask icon

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Quick Mask Does not seem to work.  Currently working on the latest PS version 2018. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

I see you made a selection of her face.

Double click on the Quick Mask symbol and confirm that the color of the mask is set at Red 50%.

With Quick Mask chosen paint with black. Does it add red?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it appears to not be working when it is. Look at the tab at the top of the document and see if it says quick mask. Also make sure you have the correct layer selected (It doesn't work on an adjustment layer for example).

Make sure the image thumbnail is selected in that layer. Assuming it already has a mask.

If you still can not get it working could you capture your entire screen twice once before clicking the q on the keyboard and once after. So we can see the difference. Also have the layers panel open when capturing your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am still not getting it right. I can’t see the red mask which normally appears on a Quick Mask.

Please find attached the two images as requested.

Really appreciate your support.

Kind Regards,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I don’t seem to be getting it right. Can’t see the red mask around. Please, find attached the two images. Really appreciate your support. Kind Regards, Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not included the images. Use this symbol for posting them:

insert image.jpg

Regarding Quick Mask: Use one of the Selection tools (Magic Wand, Quick Selection Tool, etc.) to create a marching ants outline before clicking in the Quick Mask tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Norman,

Please find attached two pictures one is with the Quick selection mask and the other is after Quick Mask is selected.

When I select Quick Mask it does not give me any mask.

Kind Regards,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Norman, Please find attached pics.  The one with the Quick Mask on is after the Quick Selection was done in the picture.  Appreciate

your feedback about the same.

KR,  Sunil

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.12.28 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.11.59 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you made a selection of her face.

Double click on the Quick Mask symbol and confirm that the color of the mask is set at Red 50%.

With Quick Mask chosen paint with black. Does it add red?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Norman, WE were doing Advanced Selections in my advanced course in PhotoShop.  I did check the Color of the mask and have got it to 50% and it seems to work fine.  Thanks for the assistance.

Kind Regards,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines