• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save for web not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use the save for web option to save a GIF, but I get the message "Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occurred.":
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 1.11.02 PM.png

Before this, I was working on a GIF and saved for web without any issues. I didn't change any of the settings after saving that GIF, and I didn't change any of the settings while editing this one.
I tried to see if it was this particular project that was giving me issues, but now the save for web option doesn't work when I try to export any GIF, JPEG, PNG-8, PNG-24, or WBMP.
I've spent hours looking through forums and I've tried all the options (decreased image size, reduced resolution, ect.) but none have worked. I also deleted the program and reinstalled it, but that didn't change anything either. Both my Mac and Photoshop are up to date, but I still get this error notificaiton whenever I try to save for web. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Save for Web 13.0 Prefs may have been damaged. Please throw it away in the trash.

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences/Adobe Save for Web 13.0 Prefs

Adobe Save for Web 13.0 Prefs is not updated when Photoshop is reinstalled.

Best,

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the Save for Web 13.0 Preferences file but I'm still getting the same error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Preferences > Performance and checkmark Legacy Compositing. Restart Photoshop and see if that helps.

This may help: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop_selecting_save_for_web_gives_error_...

There's a number of reasons addressed including oversized files.

Legacy Save for Web is a bit outdated and will soon be removed.

Try File > Export > Export As... for jpeg and png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the first thing you said and no luck.

I've tried everything in the thread as well.

Is there an alternative to Save for Web?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need updating to Photoshop 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use GIF  except for animated ones and then only rarely.  That message usually indicates a memory problem.  Try reducing the image height, width and number of animation frames which also reduces file size

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. reducing size and lenght of the video doesn't change the situation. I have the most updated version of Photoshop and Mac Mojave. If saving for the web is outdated, how can you create an ANIMATED GIF from a quick time video then? I don't know of any other way of doing it. Thanks for the help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, is it only quicktime videos that cause the issue? smaller physical dimensions?

Does any other type of video work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines