• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D PDF to STEP or IGES

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to convert a 3D PDF file into STEP or IGES format ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3D models inside a PDF file are stored either as U3D (polygonal meshes) or PRC (b-rep curves and/or polygonal meshes). U3D is by far the most common, and you can't rebuild a curve-derived model from a polymesh.

Acrobat won't export the original model file but it is embedded into the raw data of the PDF, so in theory if you have permission from the author you can extract it by hand - either by copy/pasting from the source code or using a Cos editor plugin (such as PDF CanOpener). That will give you the PRC or U3D file on disc, but how you go from there to another format, if it's even possible, is up to you. Adobe doesn't have any 3D translation software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat plus 3D PDF Converter will support what you are after. You can simple select the 3D inside the PDF and then select "export 3D". you then have the option to export to STEP (203, 214 and 242), IGES, Parasolid, X3D and other formats.

if your intrested - send your file to sales@tetra4d.com- we will translate the file, or as many files as your need to STEP or IGES for you. Also, take a look at this blog that i wrote a week or so go, which looks at the popularity of STEP, IGES, PDF and JT - very interesting - http://www.tetra4d.com/content/blog/interest-in-3d-pdf-continues-to-grow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me

If I will want to export the step and iges files from 3D pdf, do I need the adobe pdf pro safeware or any solutions support me ???

THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Jordan here from Tetra4D. Tetra4D is an Adobe certified partner and we are providing the 3D PDF conversion technology to Acrobat Pro with our Tetra4D Converter plugin. Please be sure to read Dave's response at the top of this thread. There is a good chance the 3D PDF you have was created using a tool that will not include the geometric representation of the model, only the tessellation. 3D PDFs must have been converted as B-Rep solid in order for this STEP/IGES export to read back into a CAD application. If you have access to the native CAD file, you can use our plugin to export to STEP or IGES file.

Visit www.tetra4d.com/converter for more information and free trial, or email jordan@tetra4d.com.

Best,

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines