• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

9.4.5 BUG. Can't Multi-select Pages anymore!!!!

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed on all 4 Adobe Acrobat 9.4.5 users at my org since the update yesterday.

Before, if you held the CTRL Key, you could select multiple pages in the Pages Pane to Delete/Extract/Ect.

THIS NO LONGER WORKS! And we use that functionality A LOT.

What is the best way to get this info to the powers that be?

-Sam

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues at my company which is an huge deal for what we use acrobat for.  What a joke.  Who's doing the testing at Adobe?  Clearly nobody.  It looks like it's Bluebeam PDF Reviewer from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported the bug yesterday and received the following response from Adobe:

"  Thank you for taking the time to notify us of this unexpected behavior after updating to Acrobat 9.4.5. This has been identified as a bug by our Engineering team.  They are hard a work adding a fix to be included in the next update.  There is no time frame for this patch to be released.

In the meantime if you are trying to manipulate contiguous pages you can drag the blue box around the pages and perform any action on the pages within the blue selection area. Of course this will not help to choose pages that are not nearby to each other.  We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved in the future."

If the updates aren't till September, that's going to be pretty bad as this is an important feature for our Firm.  I've already had to un-install and re-install to 9.0 for multiple users.  NOT FUN!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

Curious, can anyone please confirm that Acrobat 10 (X) is NOT affected.  I might bite the bullet and buy the upgrades.

Maybe I can get a deal from Adobe due to this.

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a co-worker that uses Adobe 10. He is still able to group pages to be extracted, deleted, or copied to another file using the mouse and Ctrl key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed.. On Acrobat 10.1 (latest update), selecting multiple pages with the mouse or keyboard using CTRL works without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, thank you kindly dear sir or madamn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue as OP.  Cannot select multiple pages in a PDF with CTRL or ALT.

These machines are running Vista 32-bit Enterprise with Adobe Pro 9.4.5

This is affecting over 1000+ users and needs a fix ASAP.

Any way we can make sure this is uplifted to the top?

PS - You can select multiple pages just using the mouse, but I realize that doesn't "fix" the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck trying to escalate this problem.  Seems like Adobe doesn't fix bugs reported by users any more.  Over a year I reported the thumbnail runoff problem (bottom thumbnails missing in thumbnail view), was promised a fix, then no action.  I even re-reported the bug, was promised a fix with the next release, then nothing. Other than the agent wasting my time apologizing for the inconvenience, I have seen no action on that problem. My best advice, roll back your systems to 9.4.4 and disable automatic update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or upgrade to Acrobat X I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are going to have to fix this one.  expecting everybody to upgrade is absurd.  I have 15 machines and there is no way i will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a year I reported the thumbnail runoff problem (bottom thumbnails missing in thumbnail view), was promised a fix, then no action.  I even re-reported the bug, was promised a fix with the next release, then nothing.

This bug is fixed in Acrobat X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug isn't "fixed" in Acrobat X as the issue only relates to 9.4.5   If users of Acrobat X experienced this issue as a result of an Adobe update to Acrobat X and later Adobe fixed it with an update, then shame on Adobe for doing the same to their Acrobat 9.4.5 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, Adobe will fix the bug in 9.4.5 in the next Acrobat update. Of course, then maybe they won't.

Ken Friedman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a sequence of pages, you can select them by highlighting one, holding the ctrl key and moving the cursor. You may be able to do more with the keyboard, but at least I found that it works for a sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill@VT  --- If you have a sequence of pages, you can select them by highlighting one, holding the ctrl key and moving the cursor. You may be able to do more with the keyboard, but at least I found that it works for a sequence.

So you can delete the highlighted pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just hit the del key. I was also able to use the Dcoument>Delete Pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the assumption that people in the page thumbnail view couldnt delete pages. Sounds like they can (but cant hit the delete button on their keyboard to delete). Doesnt sound as dire as I first thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there was ever any question of wether or not a user could delete selected pages, the real problem is actually selecting the pages.  Just trying to keep us on topic here.  Please understand this is still an ongoing issue.

I've had many coworkers tell me not to hold my breath with Adobe support.  I just hope Adobe proves them wrong and comes through for us this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe a reputable company like Adobe continues to let their clients down by not fixing reported bugs. I have seen bugs in Adobe Version 9 Pro that have been reported for over a year and the bugs are still present. COME ON ADOBE GET WITH THE PROGRAM. I probably will start looking for other pdf products as I am sick and tired of bug after bug after bug. I have to work hard and Adobe is making my job that much harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize people are trying to help and that is appreciated.

However, just telling us to upgrade to version 10 is not an acceptable answer.

Along the lines of one of the first posts, does anyone know the best way to get this escalated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is still supported by Adobe, and the problem discussed in this thread was caused by an Adobe patch. No one is going to purchase dozens or hundreds of Acrobat X licenses because an Adobe patch broke functionality in Acrobat 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem exists on my Win 7 x64 machine. I will report the bug as suggested and fully expect Adobe to fix this. Breaking a program to 'entice' people to buy a new version is not just morally wrong, it may also be illegal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the reply I recieved from Adobe:

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of this unexpected behavior after updating to Acrobat 9.4.5. This has been identified as a bug by our Engineering team.  They are hard a work adding a fix to be included in the next update.  There is no time frame for this patch to be released.

In the meantime if you are trying to manipulate contiguous pages you can drag the blue box around the pages and perform any action on the pages within the blue selection area. Of course this will not help to choose pages that are not nearby to each other.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2011 Jun 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my server running Windows SBS-2003 that I upgraded to Acrobat 9 & recently updated to 9.4.5.  The thumbnail feature is a keystone function in my daily use of Acrobat to manage & organize construction plans & job-related photos & documents.  Without that feature Acrobat is a waste of my time.  My other office computers are running Vista Ultimate & are still using Acrobat 8 with no problems with thumbnail selections.

I spent four hours this morning trying navigate customer support, forums, etc., only to learn that my problem is a bug caused by an automatic update?!  I understand these things happen, no different than the problems we all encounter in business.  The part that angers me is that nothing is done about it.  As a business owner, when my clients call me with a problem, I fix it.  I don't tell them "Thank you for informing me, I'll get to it sometime."

This is what happens when a company feels like they have a monopoly on a product, they don't care or don't think you'll go elsewhere.  I won't upgrade, I'll comparison shop.

- Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2011 Jun 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply from Adobe is not entirely accurate.

In the meantime if you are trying to manipulate contiguous pages you can  drag the blue box around the pages and perform any action on the pages  within the blue selection area. Of course this will not help to choose  pages that are not nearby to each other.  We apologize for the  inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved in the future."

You CAN SELECT NON CONTIGUOUS pages simply by dragging a marquis  (the blue box) around the first page you wish to select then scroll down to the next page you wish to select and hold down the shift key while dragging a marquis around that page and continue with that action until you have selected as many pages as you like. Note the pages DO NOT have to be contiguous or near each other.

Hope this helps...........worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines