• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

9.4.5 BUG. Can't Multi-select Pages anymore!!!!

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed on all 4 Adobe Acrobat 9.4.5 users at my org since the update yesterday.

Before, if you held the CTRL Key, you could select multiple pages in the Pages Pane to Delete/Extract/Ect.

THIS NO LONGER WORKS! And we use that functionality A LOT.

What is the best way to get this info to the powers that be?

-Sam

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NineSevenZero - you're a genius, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could Adobe break what are two of the more commonly used Acrobat features in 9.4.5 in such an obscure way (Pages Thumbnails multi-selection and Search highlighting), never have regression tested this basic function given the 3 month (or more) release cycle, and conveniently not have broke it in Acrobat X?  Then, there are web forum recommendations pushing to upgrade to Acrobat X — which significantly changed the User Interface and will result in a loss of productivity while bridging the learning curve and dealing with new functional/compatibility problems (as seen on these forums).  We don't have any commitment on if or when Adobe will fix these rather peculiar 9.4.5 bugs that are now 9 weeks old despite complaints to the Better Business Bureau -- or if they will correct the apparently gaping holes in their software development/test process.  Adobe, please don't try to change/add features to mature Acrobat 9 unless they are critical since your software development/release process is apparently semi-out of control (unless these bugs were secretly intentional to drive X upgrade revenue in which case you have bigger legal concerns).  Please strive towards application stability by changing only what is absolutely necessary in a conservative "do no harm" type manner.  You have made many customers very frustrated, lowered your brand loyalty, and reduced confidence in major releases like Acrobat X.  Adobe Employee Forum Moderator, do you have any update on the Acrobat 9.4.5 bugs fix status?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like everytime I turn the computer on Adobe wants to update something.  I've never noticed anything substantial in any of these updates, so I blindly click OK.  This last update has really crippled the functionality of 9.4.5.  Please undo this bug and make your software work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please don't try to change/add features to mature Acrobat 9 unless they are critical

The whole point is the fixes were critical. If they didn't fix the problem and someone took over your computer, took any and all bank records, tax files, and passwords to every internet site you visited you would not be a happy camper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and believe some of the Acrobat 9.4.5 changes were critical security fixes.  My question to Adobe is were the changes in the Search Highlight and Pages Thumbnails Multi-select software routines that introduced bugs done for critical security fixes?  The 100,000 foot view Adobe 9.4.5 Release Notes state "Provides security and bug  fixes as well as enhancements to features like collaboration, browser  integration and support, signature and forms workflows, etc.".  This being a Quarterly update means Adobe includes more than "critical fixes" -- presumably because there is a longer runway to test the several "enhancements" listed above.  The problem is they actually need to test the code functions that were changed AND ensure that core features still work (if not perform a full comprehensive application test).  If they are not going to perform proper testing, then they shouldn't try to bite off so many enhancements.  I think many customers would agree that we care a lot more about application stability/productivity than "collaboration, browser  integration and support, signature, forms workflow, etc. enhancements" to a mature product.  Why don't they fix the way OCR Suspects are never ever found since the beginning of Acrobat 9 and one needs to pay for an Acrobat X upgrade to get that bug fixed instead of making collaboration enhancments?  As far as "taking over my computer, taking any and all bank records, tax files, and internet site passwords" via Acrobat goes, that is why I turn off JavaScript, Automatic Web Site Trust, and don't allow other applications to open Non-PDF files within Acrobat by setting the following:  Edit menu – Preferences… – Select Categories: JavaScript - Uncheck JavaScript: Enable Acrobat JavaScript – Select Categories: Security (Enhanced) – Uncheck Automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zones - Select Categories: Trust Manager – Uncheck Allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time to stop all the whining and accept the reality that Adobe isn't going to do a damn thing to

satisfy their loyal paying through the nose customers. Time to move on folks. Adobe can go straight to hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September now and still no fix? This is really annoying.

Does anyone know how to go back to 9.4.4 when you don't know when the update took place? I'm on a Mac, Snow Leopard.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to "Revert" back to 9.4.4 - Unless you just updated to 9.4.5 (use system restore).  The only other way to revert back is to Deactivate, Uninstall.  Download individual patches from 9.1 to 9.4.4.  Then clean install Adobe & Turn off auto update in Adobe Preferences.  Install patches in order up to 9.4.4.  If you use Adobe auto update, it will jump you from version 9.2 to 9.4.5, and your right back where you started.

Hope this helps.

I wish there were a way to disable the update notification Icon...  It's just a daily reminder =P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thsoundman wrote:

I wish there were a way to disable the update notification Icon...  It's just a daily reminder =P

You can disable update notifications.  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402050.html

You can also disable update notifcations via a script:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Standard\9.0\FeatureLockDown" /f /v bUpdater /t reg_dword /d 0

You'll need to run the script as an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable the notification by: EDIT >> Preferences >> Updater >> Choose Do not download or install updates automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  What a speedy response 😃   Though I've disabled a couple times before.  It seems to come back from time to time.

Guess there's alot of watchful eyes on this thread.  Good - Power in numbers.  Get it fixed adobe!

Since the 9.4.5 was a quarterly update, you think that the next patch should come out in October?

Starting a small interest group - JU APPP - Jacked-up Adobe Patch Prevention Program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new update. 9.4.6.  I havent tried it yet. Did anyone downloaded this?  Did this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest upgrade, IT WORKS!  Finally, I can select multiple pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, latest update does fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed - Latest update fixes all bugs from previous update 😃

YAY!!!

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is GREAT! (OP Here).  Haven't tried it, but came here to check.

Oddly, they don't mention it in the release notes:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83708/attachments/Acrobat_Reader_ReleaseNote_9.4.6_8.3.1.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I faced today a problem on extracting non consecutive pages from a PDF document.

In Acrobat X you can't extract non consecutive pages, you can select them but when you try to extract in the dialog box you see a selection of consecutive pages so Acrobat extract all the pages in that range.

The solution I've found is to select multiple pages (consecutive with shift or non consecutive with ctrl) and drag them to the desktop!

It works for me on OS X Lion and on Windows 7 64bit.

Hope it helps

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines