Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Ability to create digital signature field no longer showing in tools menu

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC ability to create digital signature field no longer showing and I've selected "This document requires signature" in the Prepare Form dialog box. Any clues? Has this been removed? I only see signature and signature block in the tools menu

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017
Thank you, you are 100% correct.   To clarify my issue, I did select Tools >Prepare Form upon PDF creation, however, it defaults to an "Adobe Sign Form" which does not allow you to add a digital signature field. So while in the Prepare Form area, I had to select More > Convert to Adobe Acrobat Sign Form, from the Right Panel Menu (above the "Fields" area). If you are not in this format the digital signature option will not appear in the toolbar. Defaulting to the Adobe Sign to push e-services in...

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figure it out. For some reason, I had to convert the form to an AcroForm. I don't now what this means as the PDF was created in Acrobat; however once I selected this "conversion", the digital signature option appeared again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means you selected the "This document requires signatures" when you first selected "Tools > Prepare Form". What this really should say is "This document will be used with the Adobe Sign e-signature service". When selected, you're limited in the types of form fields that you can create to those that are supported by Adobe Sign, which excludes buttons, digital signature fields, and 2D bar code fields.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!  Huge help! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you are 100% correct.   To clarify my issue, I did select Tools >Prepare Form upon PDF creation, however, it defaults to an "Adobe Sign Form" which does not allow you to add a digital signature field.

So while in the Prepare Form area, I had to select More > Convert to Adobe Acrobat Sign Form, from the Right Panel Menu (above the "Fields" area). If you are not in this format the digital signature option will not appear in the toolbar.

Defaulting to the Adobe Sign to push e-services in not a good idea Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been looking for an  hour for the answer to this and this was it! thank you so much. although my when I clicked More my chouce was actually "revernt to Adobe Acrobat". it worked though and now I can see digital signature. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines