• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 2020 - Combine pptx files -> 'Missing PDFMaker Files.'

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded from Acrobat 2017 to Acrobat 2020.  With Acrobat 2017 I was able to combine multiple pptx files to a pdf file.  I continue to get errors when trying to combine pptx files to a pdf with Acrobat 2020.  The most common error is 'Missing PDFMaker Files. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?'  I have selected 'Yes' - no change.  I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat 2020, rebooted, reinstalled Acrobat 2020 at least 3 times.  I also went into PowerPoint and unchecked the PDFMaker Add-in and then added it back.  In both Word and PowerPoint the Save as Adobe PDF works - which I have read actually uses the PDFMaker.  I never got this error with Acrobat 2017.  I have not seen any solutions online.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have a Windows operating system.

I would check for updates first. In Word, from the File tab, click on Account (usually at the bottom left).

Then there is a square towards the middle right of the screen to open a list of options and use Update Now.

From Acrobat, check for update in the Help menu.

Try to export a pptx from PowerPoint toPDF to check if the PDF Maker starts.

Are you using the Acrobat > File > Create.... to combine your pptx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  Thanks for the help!  I am using Windows 10 build 19044.2364, Word version 2108 (Build 14326.21248), PowerPoint version 2108 (Build 14326.21248)  This is a government laptop and all updates are controlled by the administrator.  In PowerPoint Export > Create Adobe PDF works.  In Word the  Export >Create Adobe PDF also works as expected.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Version 2020.005.30381.  I have 15-20 pptx files that I have been combining into a pdf using Tools > Combine Files then I either select the Files or Drag 'n Drop.  It errors on some of the files (not all) with the Missing PDFMaker Files error.  I also tried combining the same file as a test and the first file had the error but the second instance of the file did not.  In addition, I had a co-worker try to Combine 3 pptx files on her laptop and it worked without issue 😞  I can also combine pdf files no problem but this would not require PDFMaker, I would think.  It is just a mystery even to our support 😞  I feel there is something that wasn't cleaned up with the move from 2017 to 2020 but after several uninstalls/installs (rebooting between all steps) I still can't finish my task to combine the pptx files 😞 which I have done with this method and 2017 for over a year.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm all your PowerPoint files are saved to the latest version with pptx (not ppt) as extension. Sometimes mixing versions is crashing the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, all the files are pptx. The Combine tool worked with 2017. Then, the upgrade (Acrobat 2020) was pushed to my machine and I could no longer Combine pptx files. I could not spend any more time debugging this so I had my machine rebuilt. I hope this doesn't happen again! Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Acrobat 2020 Combine Tool is now working with PowerPoint files.  The resolution is really not acceptable - had to rebuild my laptop :(.  Our IT department first tried using an Adobe tool that should have cleaned up everything Adobe on my laptop, then rebooted and installed Adobe Acrobat 2020 - Combine Tool still didn't work with PowerPoint files.  I then uninstalled Microsoft Office, rebooted, installed Microsoft Office - still the Combine Tool didn't work with PowerPoint files.  As a last resort - the Windows 10 machine was rebuilt - Adobe Acrobat 2020 Combine Tool now works with PowerPoint files.  So much time spent...  Adobe - What does 'Missing PDFMaker Files' mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, steps provided in this article, PDFMaker toolbar unavailable, did not resolve my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines