• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 7.0 Pro (standalone) can't be activated

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be no way to activate my Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional (standalone).

The error has never been "too many activations" or any such "it's activated elsewhere" message.  

The activation server has been unavailable for 14-days now.  I tried phone activation, one number was no longer in service and the other had a recording advising me "Phone activation is no longer supported", directing me to www.adobe.com/go/activation.  Help there has nothing to do with or for my version

There is NO "Sign-in" or "Sign-out" ability with this version... and that's why I like it!  I despise subscription services, especially those that demand access to ALL of the documents I open and pushes ads for additional services with every use.

Does anyone know how to contact Adobe and get my Adobe 7.0 Pro activated?  I've got 16-days left!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised to hear of someone not aware that the activation has been deactivated since 2015.

But if this is happening in a computer with an old version of Micrososft Windows,such as Windows XP, for example, see the correct answer provided by Dov Isaac in the old thread posted below:

If you have tried to install that old and unsupported version in a newer computer that is not intended for that product, then it makes sense why you're activation is blocked and possibly requiring an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Despite what Dov wrote in that post, Adobe seems to have abandoned its "legal responsibility" (and moral, in my opinion) to provide a working installer for older versions. Versions 8 or earlier can no longer be activated, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines