• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat an internal error occurred when using Windows 10 preview pane

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This issue occurs on a freash install of Windows 10 and after installing Adobe Creative Cloud. With the preview pane is enabled Acrobat DC will throw an error everytime a .pdf is clicked on. That said, I found another post with a 'solution' to same issue except they are runing Windows 11. However, the 'solution' of having Windows and all things Adobe running the latest version didn't help...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/quot-an-internal-error-occured-quot-when-clicking...

Any assistance would be greatly appreacted.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've tried updating, reinstalling and a couple of other suggestions but no luck so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, and doing anything with a PDF, even moving it or just clicking on it, freezes Windows Explorer. Which is not great because I have a deadline involving PDFs today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

Please let us know if the issue has started occurring recently.

Would you mind sharing the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine?

It would be helpful if you could share the screenshot and video of the workflow you do. That will help us in investigating this issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started for me today.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎1/‎7/‎2022
OS build 22000.1098
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1098.0

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat. This occurs when clicking on a file that should appear with a preview in the preview pane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

This issue started last month. The OS version is 21H1(OS Build 19043.1526) and the Acrobat version is 2022.003.20258. There isn't more to show with a screenshot or video. It is as simple as clicking once on a .pdf  and the preview pane tries to create a preview and there error is prompted. Please let me know if you need more inforamtion.

Thanks,

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same issue what seems to have resolved it was the following;

1. Go to Creative Cloud and uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC.
2. Go to www.adobe.com/acrobat and install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
3. After install login to Reader with Acrobat credentials which will switch Reader to Acrobat sans many of it's features.
4. In Creative Cloud uninstall Adobe Acrobat reader will simply be listed as Adobe Acrobat.
5. After uninstalling Reader, immediately install Adobe Acrobat within Creative Cloud.
6. Problem solved (at least for now).

Chris - TR 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on 3/‎10/‎2022
OS build 22621.674
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 2022.003.20258

Mine is beginning to become slower, when I select a PDF to open or right click, it will freeze my file explorer and it won't allow me to move or copy any PDF's.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same I cant copy, move, right click, attach more than 1 to an email without freezing crashing and INTERNAL ERROR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi:

Same problem here three weeks ago, now.

I click on a PDF file in my file explorer window, and a pop-up windows appears. Then the file explorer windows freeze and I have to wait a couple minutes to unfreeze. When I try to attach a PDF file, I can only do it one, by one and waiting until the select window unfreeze.

My OS info:

Windows 11 Home Single Language
Versión 22H2
Installed on: ‎20/‎09/‎2022
SO 22621.675
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

ErnestoGuevaraR_0-1666235733253.png

Here's a screenshot (I selected one file to try to have a preview and): 

ErnestoGuevaraR_1-1666235784840.png

This is somewhat frustrating as this issue slow down our workflow.

Would you be kind enough to notify the Adobe Acrobat team and ask them to fix this issue as soon as possible, please?

Let us know when a solution for this issue is available.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try my solution below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have restarted, reinstalled, updated software... even got a new laptop! It's  work issued and had another problem so it was preplaces but when I was reset back up with my credentials the error came with it. Very frstrating and confusing. Runnig Surface Pro, Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

same for me :

Window Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Acrobat : 2022.003.20258

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME TOO PLEASE HELP! I cant do my job.internal error.png

I cant even attach more than one pdf to an outlook email without outlook freezing and crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Can you fix this Adobe please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markelrayes - Seriously! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! IF this were REDDIT, I'd be throwing gold at you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muito obrigada, também funcionou para mim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! Upsetting that it takes the community to solve a problem more efficiently than Adobe themselves, but a win is a win! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why this worked but that is OK.

Thanks for the fix markelrayes!

And thanks for the headache Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have the three main ones (System, [me], Admin) appearing but still getting the error.
Adobe Acrobat starts up but as soon as I click on a menu I get the error.
If I try to open a pdf file it appears for a second and then dissapears!

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro (21H2) 19044.2130
Acrobat updated this morning and now I cannot even open it, just crashes everytime!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really frustrating, I cannot work without acrobat, I have to view pdf's all day. Don't want to but, may have to find an alternative!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution doesn't work in my case, unfortunately. I have no "account unknown" listed...

Windows 11 22621.675

Acrobat Pro 22.003.20258

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines