• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat an internal error occurred when using Windows 10 preview pane

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This issue occurs on a freash install of Windows 10 and after installing Adobe Creative Cloud. With the preview pane is enabled Acrobat DC will throw an error everytime a .pdf is clicked on. That said, I found another post with a 'solution' to same issue except they are runing Windows 11. However, the 'solution' of having Windows and all things Adobe running the latest version didn't help...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/quot-an-internal-error-occured-quot-when-clicking...

Any assistance would be greatly appreacted.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, another thing that was happening to me, my Creative Cloud subscription is having problems loading, it is giving a subscription error, I had to click several times to enter my subscription. I disabled news and interests in the taskbar, I had no more problems with Creative Cloud validating my subscription. Windows got lighter, and so did Creative Cloud.

I know it's in Portuguese, I believe you can identify it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon! Sorry, @markelrayes I posted my reply that this solution "worked" and it turns out that it did, until the next time. After a few weeks, it returned. I had no more unknown accounts to delete.  I read up more and thought it might be a permissions problem. In the process, I assigned one too many permissions (* PC Windows 11 - All up to date). Long story short, I ended up restoring the system and every app, font, etc. - It seems to be working as advertised again. When all else fails, start over? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error needs reopening - it is not fixed for everyone - its been months, we need a permanent fix. Adobe, please can we have an update on this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same issue what seems to have resolved it was the following;

1. Go to Creative Cloud and uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC.
2. Go to www.adobe.com/acrobat and install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
3. After install login to Reader with Acrobat credentials which will switch Reader to Acrobat sans many of it's features.
4. In Creative Cloud uninstall Adobe Acrobat reader will simply be listed as Adobe Acrobat.
5. After uninstalling Reader, immediately install Adobe Acrobat within Creative Cloud.
6. Problem solved (at least for now).

Chris - TR 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat is having the same issues.

I reinstalled Acrobat. I have the same problems. 

Shelley37811505onse_0-1717437817408.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, reinstall or upgrade didn´t help. I need a solution from Adobe as long as I am paying for their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines