• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC cannot print PDF files

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer having issues with printing PDF files.  They have Acrobat DC Standard, and can open any PDF just fine, however when attempting to print nothing happens.  Acrobat doesn't even appear to send the print job to the printer.  We've tested on multiple printers and the problem is the same.

I've ensured all correct and current printer drivers are installed

Acrobat Standard DC is up to date as of 2/10/16

The printer can print other jobs from other software (i.e. Word, Notepad, etc.) without issues

PDFs will print if I open them in Adobe READER and print from here; it is only within Acrobat DC that they will not print.

I've found numerous other forum posts on the same or similar topics and the best answer I've found is the mentioned workaround of printing from Adobe Reader.  Most mention that this is a problem Adobe has had for awhile (the most helpful forum thread dated back to May, 2014) but no one has an answer on what the problem is caused by and what solves it for good; only workarounds.

Is there any solution to this problem that I can apply and have the product working as intended for my customer?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 193 Replies 193
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe- We still need a windows patch... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicoles57262248,

Could you please describe your problem on Windows with exact steps to reproduce? That'll help us troubleshoot your issue. Sorry if I missed it but I don't see a previous post from you on this thread.

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the same since February, you Adobe idiots never fixed the problem for PC's running Windows!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the thread, I have not posted previously, but I am having the same issue as every other user on this thread. Cannot print from Acrobat DC. The program seems to also freeze when i attempt to click on the properties button within the print screen. I have to end task the program and then when i reopen the problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, we have had this exact issue throughout my workplace (OS: Windows 7, cannot open properties from within Acrobat DC -- clicking print does nothing -- the job never spools). It's been very sporadic -- and only effects Acrobat DC. Sometimes it will print, sometimes it won't. Sometimes you can close Acrobat DC and reopen the PDF and it prints fine. Issue has been going on since about February.

After working with Adobe on it (no issues found) and our server print software folks (no issues found) we randomly started looking at our Antivirus vendor -- Vipre. Something in the local firewall policy was blocking it (yet, this will not show up in any logs). Even disabling the firewall made this issue continue. After upgrading to the latest version of their software (9.3), the issue has been resolved.

Just my 2 cents, look at your Antivirus software -- especially if it's Vipre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading your post, checked on our Viper Antivirus software.

It was the problem that was preventing the pdf documents from printing. Something about Adobe DC print is causing Vipre to block it.

Tested this by disabling Viper temporarily and sure enough we are able to print without any issues. I had to determine exactly what about Adobe is being blocked. After trial and error, I came to to these findings:

I had to add the following to the ignore list\exclusion for our Viper server.( If you don't use Viper server, you should be able to add these on the exclusion list of your Antivirus)

c:\program files (x86)\adobe\

c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\

c:\Programdata\Adobe\

c:\program files\adobe\

c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\

Restart your Viper services or your computer.

Hopefully this will help some people.

Adobe please fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, my client is have the same problem.  For the Adobe user who is following this thread, here is what the issue is and what was done all of which did NOT work!

User has Adobe Acrobat DC Standard and is running version 15.006.30280 with NO updates available as of this morning. She is running this on a Windows 10 system fully patched and NO updates available as of this morning.  Her Printer is a HP Laserjet P3015 (connected via USB) with current drivers loaded.  She also has an HP Officejet 6500 networked (Prints via IP).   User can print to both printers from all programs except Acrobat DC Standard.  She can print a document to the OfficeJet but not the LaserJet.  I can see in the Queue that the job gets created and then it is gone just as fast but NEVER prints to the Laserjet.  I have removed the Laserjet, Cleared out all temp files and shutdown the system for 3 minutes, started up and reloaded the printer from scratch.  Other programs print just fine but not from Acrobat.  I then disabled the anti-virus and firewall and still was not able to print.  User can print PDF's to the Laserjet if they are opened via Outlook (365).

My client needs to be able to print from Acrobate as this is where she creates her reports and sends it out to her clients.  Please help as this is a MAJOR need for her.

Adobe please fix this ongoing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

You mentioned that user is running Windows 10. I am not sure what Antivirus you are using, but I know Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender. Make sure that it is turned off or the exclusions I mentioned above is added to the exclusion list for Windows Defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronnies,

Client is using BitDefender and Windows Defender is turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, have you considered that the problem might really be “Viper” improperly interfering with Acrobat and that Acrobat is not doing anything improper. This is known as “a false positive” in the security / antivirus world. Other antivirus and protection software such as MacAfee and Windows Defender does not have problems with Acrobat.

Have you tried calling Viper's tech support about this?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another customer experiencing this same issue.  We do not use Viper and ALL of our Acrobat Pro users started reporting this problem following the 15.006.30279 update.  Issue remains even if we update to 15.006.30280.  Sometimes it prints, sometimes it doesn't.  You know when it's not going to print because the "Printing progress" dialog box is not displayed after they click ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov-

Yes were working with them to implement the exclusion so that Viper does not block the folder path I specified when printing.

Not everyone here has Viper on their computers and are having problems printing.

I am just trying to put my experience with the software out there and the fix that worked for us in case it can help some one out there that maybe in the same position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We uninstalled Acrobat Pro 15.006.30280 last night and reinstalled up to 15.006.30243 for several users.  Those users are now able to print from Acrobat today with no problems at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A local dealer told me the same thing but he added that it was necessary

to reboot in the middle. Anyway, it doesn't work for Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of our users are experiencing this issue, some running Adobe Reader DC and others running Acrobat DC (all running Windows 10 Pro x64). When pressing print in the print dialog box, the box closes but gives no indication that a job was sent. The print queue remains empty and the printer does not print. This is not specific to single printer or model.

We've found this issue only occurs when printing through a print server on our network. If I print directly to the printer via its IP address the prints come out normally. I've also found this issue to be user specific. Certain logins on a given machine will print while other users cannot. All other applications print correctly through the print server, it is specific to Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

I have tested this on a machine that does not have antivirus software installed and it still does not print.

Please Advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've had this issue randomly pop up and for some bizzare reason it appears to be adobe reader dc only, but i found that if i changed the url from \\printerservername\printershare to \\printservername.local\printershare

I don't know why adobe REFUSES to not resolve it properly without the .local but at least in my site with my circumstances (Win 7 boxes, and 2k12r2 Terminal server) it appears to fix the issue. My situation on this is it just doesn't print and the dialogue box AFTER clicking print (IE print progress from adobe) doesn't show.

Every other app prints just fine without the .local

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read this thread and Windows is mentioned on every other post.  Same issue as MAC and the Adobe Print is also sporadic.  My company is now exploring other products with better support.  After the money we paid for the Adobe Pro product we feel cheated and scammed.  And I am personally offended by your reference to not knowing Windows was also affected.  Re-read the entire string!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem on Windows. I came across this thread and see the last post was from June. It is now September. Can anyone advise if there is a fix for this and how to do it???

My printer works fine printing anything but from Adobe dc. I followed all the suggestions but nothing has fixed the problem.

I also tried to delete this Adobe and reload a previous version but the upgrade automatically downloads so I can't even do that.

I too have looked at my antivirus software to see if this is the problem and nothing was found...as I said, I can print anything except from adobe dc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All our printers run through a print server and we do not have the option to change that. 

I am trying to print from Acrobat Reader DC (i.e. the free version).

I have tried printing from Windows 10 and Windows 8, and both fail with an error saying:

The document could not be printed.

There were no pages selected to print.

In Windows 8 the option to 'print as an image' was greyed out.  That option was available in Windows 10 but it didn't make any difference, I got the same error messages.

I have tried different printers, HP and Xerox, with the same result.  Also many different PDF files

Interestingly, when I printed from a domain account using Windows 7, it worked.

I didn't even know that it was fixed on Mac OS - it hadn't worked in so long that we all just got used to printing from Preview.  So it's good to know :-).

Please fix on Windows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've fixed my Windows 10 / Reader DC problem finally, no thanks to the losers at Adobe who still haven't "rolled out" any form of fix despite waiting months for it.

The fix is very simple - install another PDF reader. I went for Nitro PDF Reader in the end. Works out of the box.

Hey, ashumittal, how can you describe the patch for OSX as a "correct answer" when it doesn't address the Windows users out here? Are you some sort of "affirmative employee"? How can you have any self esteem working for an outfit like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue in Windows 7.  A Windows patch would be nice!  Any day now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using DC on our terminal servers and this can be quite annoying.  We even have the problem on printers that have over 10 characters in the name too.  We use a lot of adobe products from adobe reader to acrobat to InDesign.  Please get a windows patch released soon, if we have to uninstall this version it is unlikely we will be reinstalling an older version.  Pry move to a different software.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue with a Windows 7 machine. They attempt to print and nothing happens. They do not even get an error message. I've been able to work around the issue by having the user print from Adobe Reader instead, however this is not a fix. I would like to know when a patch is released to fix this issue.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, change the header to NOT answered. I just experienced the problem. and going by the comments which have been running for months, clearly Adobe has NOT fixed the issue.

I was able to print up until last week then suddenly I cannot print any Adobe docs. I have also tried printing using Adobe X pro, even that does not work. Also, my HP printer prints every other document, excel, word, jepg, etc. So clearly the problem is not with the printer or my laptop (I use windows 10, and have a 1 year old Lenova laptop).

I can send the Adobe docs to my work printer and it prints there. So the problem is specific.

If Adobe cannot fix the problem they should say so, and withdraw the product from the market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't waste your time waiting for Adobe to fix this. They clearly can't be bothered unless it affects more of their users. I expect the senior team are on performance bonuses for minimising the spend on support and for them this is a no-brainer win, if you forgive the pun. Familiarity breeds contempt!

Do what I did - install a free viewer like Nitro Reader 5 and if you want an editor, try something like PDFill PDF Editor. It cost peanuts to register and unlike Adobe, the publishers actually try to make their customers happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines