• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC cannot print PDF files

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer having issues with printing PDF files.  They have Acrobat DC Standard, and can open any PDF just fine, however when attempting to print nothing happens.  Acrobat doesn't even appear to send the print job to the printer.  We've tested on multiple printers and the problem is the same.

I've ensured all correct and current printer drivers are installed

Acrobat Standard DC is up to date as of 2/10/16

The printer can print other jobs from other software (i.e. Word, Notepad, etc.) without issues

PDFs will print if I open them in Adobe READER and print from here; it is only within Acrobat DC that they will not print.

I've found numerous other forum posts on the same or similar topics and the best answer I've found is the mentioned workaround of printing from Adobe Reader.  Most mention that this is a problem Adobe has had for awhile (the most helpful forum thread dated back to May, 2014) but no one has an answer on what the problem is caused by and what solves it for good; only workarounds.

Is there any solution to this problem that I can apply and have the product working as intended for my customer?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 193 Replies 193
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but the fact that the issue is occurring on a server with Citrix installed is irrelevant.  Citrix does not come into play when Acrobat is launched.  The thread show several people with this same issue that are not running Citrix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ guiliana2017, I do agree with you that Citrix doesn't come into play when acrobat is launched in adobe scenerio. But as per information provided by you, acrobat.exe is showing in your Task manager ( Ideally, it is only on the server side ).

So, We are investigating further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue at our office. We have around 8 PC computers with Adobe Acrobat DC Standard. We have tried uninstalling, re-installing, updated printer drivers, changed security settings, print as image, upgrading to Adobe Acrobat DC PRO, etc. This issue is not resolved, and it is causing some serious production issues with our company. What are you doing about this Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vikingbuilders,

Can you please answer few of my queries so that we can understand your problem better.

1} Which OS are you using ? MAC Sierra or Win10 or any other OS. Please specify your OS?

2} Are you using any Citrix enviroment?

3} What is the version of Adobe acrobat DC which you are currently using?

4} Which printer you are using ? Can you tell your printer specification ?

5} Did you try printing to the same printer using alternate applications, like Chrome, Edge etc?What is the behavior there?

Once we have answer to above queries, this will help us investigate your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awful that Adobe is not addressing this. I have tried to get my supervisor to stop buying Acrobat and switch to another product has the same features for less. Their prices are bloated and customer service is terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please describe your issue in detail?

If you can provide answer to the questions asked by me above, this will help us understanding and resolving your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply cannot print from Windows 7 64 bit machines to assorted HP Printers from Acrobat DC, as many others have experienced in this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi megant13109297,

Few questions:

1} Did you tried printing to same printer using alternate applications like chrome, Edge etc ? What is the behavior there?

2} Are you getting any specific error message. If yes, can you please attach the screenshots here.

3} Also please tell the version of Acrobat DC you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1-Adobe DC is the only program I have had this issue with.

2-There is no error message

3-I am no longer using Adobe DC, and have uninstalled it so I don't know what version it was. I am not going to a very good source of information.

I know this is not the correct forum for this but I could not find an appropriate one easily. Whenever we try to update flash a message for the adobe proxy server comes up asking for logon and password. Consequently we cannot update any of our users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same printing problem as everyone else.  When will Adobe fix it?  It is getting old having to get out and back into a document several times before it will recognize a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues.

• "The document could not be printed."
  • "There were no pages selected to print."

I've read the entire thread and I've tried ALL of the suggestions, checked for updates, etc., and still cannot get anything to print. After spending $400+ on DC Pro, it's a useless program if you cannot print anything.

I'm running Windows 10 and in the compatibility settings it goes as high as Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bankalpine,

We are looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI bankalpine,

few queries:

1} Can you please tell the version of acrobat you are using.

2} Are you trying to print with default settings or are you changing print settings before trying to print.

3} Can you please tell your exact workflow in which you are experiencing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats happening with the windows version of the patch? I am unable to print from adobe reader! I have even uninstalled the program and reinstalled it with no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were sitting on Version 2015.020.20039 because 2015.023.20053 introduced this problem.

I fool heartedly updated to 2017.009.20044, assuming that all of these printing problems had been resolved.

Come to check on the regular threads and there is still no acknowledgement or movement of the issue, despite numerous people experiencing exactly the same problems.

So now we are stuck on a version of the software, rife with vulnerabilities (it wouldn't be an Adobe product without them), because there is an incapacity to resolve a basic function like printing a document.

Horribly unprofessional and disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi harley75517121,

We are investigating all the issues. We are in contact with many bug reporters.

Request you to please answer few queries so that we could investigate issue on our end.

1} Can you please tell exact workflow in  which print is failing?

2} Please tell your OS

3} Are you using citrix ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The workflow is as follows. Open PDF -> Print PDF -> Print queue never receives the job. There is no screenshots to display here, it simply doesn't print. Clicking printer properties returns no dialog box. Closing Acrobat and reopening it usually works but sometimes requires it to close and reopen a few times before it will work.

2. Windows 7 x64

3. Citrix PVS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me on Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2017 (exact version: 2017.009.20044). I also have Citrix Receiver 4.6 (14.6) installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have exact the same issues, when we print the printer don't receive the print job in the queue. This happens on RDS in cobinations of adobe reader dc 2017.009.20044

Many of our customers complain about this problem, is there still no fix available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a frustrating afternoon trying to print all pages of a PDF document and eventually solved it by opening up 'Print' then 'Advanced' and then ticking the 'Print As Image' box  -  hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brendaw73442333,

1} Can you please tell the version of acrobat you are using.

2} Can you mention the workflow in which you are facing this issue.

3} You enviroment (OS details)

This will help us to reproduce and investigate your issue. Based on our investigation, we can connect over mail/AdobeConnect if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC downloaded on 16 April 2017 - I

always update to latest Adobe when prompted.

2) The PDF document causing the problem this time was one generated from

the Spanish AEAT tax authority.

3) I'm working on a private domestic PC attached to an HP Envy 5530

printer.

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 1:16 PM, bablukumar <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1} Please mention your exact version of reader.

2} Can you please share your file with us.

3} Are any error dialog being thrown. Please attach any screenshot if any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sorry can't advise exact version of Adobe.

2. Sorry - file contains personal information.

3. No dialogue - PC appears to send file to printer, it shows in queue and

then printer queue returns to 0.

I posted my original message in the hope that my work around to 'Print As

Image' might help others. I really cannot add anything else to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thanks for reporting these issues.

Requesting all the bug reporters to mention few details along with their issues so that this will help us to investigate on our end properly.

Please mention below things whenever you are reporting any issue:

1} Please mention the acrobat version you are using

2} The exact workflow in which you are facing this issue ( it would be great if you can attach the screenshot )

3} your os details.

4} If you are using citrix

5} Can you please tell the paper size

( you can tell this by using this workflow:- a} Give print command, when print dialog is shown tprint.PNGhen. b} Click on properties, a window will open up. c} Click on advance. See Paper size and mention it here. Attaching relevant scrrenshot)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines