• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC cannot print PDF files

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer having issues with printing PDF files.  They have Acrobat DC Standard, and can open any PDF just fine, however when attempting to print nothing happens.  Acrobat doesn't even appear to send the print job to the printer.  We've tested on multiple printers and the problem is the same.

I've ensured all correct and current printer drivers are installed

Acrobat Standard DC is up to date as of 2/10/16

The printer can print other jobs from other software (i.e. Word, Notepad, etc.) without issues

PDFs will print if I open them in Adobe READER and print from here; it is only within Acrobat DC that they will not print.

I've found numerous other forum posts on the same or similar topics and the best answer I've found is the mentioned workaround of printing from Adobe Reader.  Most mention that this is a problem Adobe has had for awhile (the most helpful forum thread dated back to May, 2014) but no one has an answer on what the problem is caused by and what solves it for good; only workarounds.

Is there any solution to this problem that I can apply and have the product working as intended for my customer?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 193 Replies 193
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.) 30 computers have Adobe DC 15.006.30306 installed.  Issue has been ongoing since December 2016 (or earlier).

2.) Open a pre-created PDF from a file server > Print PDF to any printer (HP, Ricoh or Konica Minolta) > no spooling happens... literally nothing happens.

3.) Windows 7 64 bit on all 30 computers.

4.) Not using Citrix

5.) As others have stated it's not 100% of the time, but it's happening at least 75% of the time for us.

We've tried the following with no success:

- Reinstalled latest HP UPD drivers on all HP printers using our print server

- Reinstalled latest Konica Minolta drivers on all KM printers using our print server

- Updated all Adobe DC software to latest update

- Gave full permissions to the Spool folder in the Windows directory.

- Cleared all folders in the spool folder of the windows directory

- Removed all drivers using Print Management and redownloaded the drivers from the print server

- Removed Adobe PDF and Adobe DC and reinstalled from scratch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook running Sierra. When I batch print 8.5x11 and 8.5x14 the 1st page of 8.5x14 will print just fine and every 8.5x14 after that is cutoff at the bottom. Has anyone had this experience and how was it solved. I print closing docs and it is imperative that I can batch print and have the docs printed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing this issue since upgrading to adobe DC.   We are using the latest version on multiple platforms and workstations. --  A mix of Windows 7 and Mac OS

We've had this issue ongoing for almost 5 months now and this thread sadly shows that we are in the majority of people that are having issues.

Our issue is simply that once clicking print on the print dialog, nothing happens.  No job is sent to the printer, no error messages.  All fixes we've tried work only temporarily or not at all (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions).  This includes the following:

• Uninstalling/Reinstalling printers
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling all adobe products (Some machines have Creative Suite as well)
  • Adjusting several group policy settings related to printers
  • Toggling the option in Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > Enable Enhanced Security
  • Trying "Print as Image" on the print dialog

This is effecting over 100 years in our environment but not everyone is having the issue which is a mystery in itself.

The whole thing makes NO sense, we are about to renew our adobe license, but we're considering switching products if we cannot get this issue resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi raziel6580,

1. Please mention the exact version of acrobat you are using on your Win machine. Also mention your Win OS details.

2. Mention the version of Acrobat on your MAC machines. Share MAC OS details?

3. Also please attach a few sample files.

4. Which printer you are using ? Please mention your printer specification ?

5. Did you try printing to the same printer using alternate applications, like Chrome, Edge etc?What is the behavior there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bab,

1. Because we are a government entity, we always use the latest available release/patch of Adobe Pro DC. 

2. same for macs

3. No need for samples, this happens with ANY pdf, even new ones created in Adobe and immediately trying to print

4. This happens with multiple printer types, and brands.  HP, Canon, Dell... it doesn't matter which printer you use, the adobe product WILL NOT PRINT.

5.The issue only happens with Adobe.  Printing in any other application works with no issue (including the same trouble documents printed from Chrome)

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed, it appears that adobe has known this has been an issue for quite some time with still ZERO resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty embarrassing and a poor reflection on the company that there is a thread at the top of the list, that is 6 months old and still unacknowledged other than generic fluff questions about what Operating System are people using?

There is a bug, the product is broken and nobody is going the extra mile to get to the root cause and resolution of the matter.

Poor form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi harley,

First of all, We are in contact with many customers who have posted their issues here. We have already resolved many customer issues reported here.

We have also fixed a similar print issue related to citrix environment.

Please share your contact details, we will get in touch with you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC 2017.009.20058

Windows Server 2016 Remote desktop deployment

Printing to various Konica Minolta Bizhub printers

Users randomly getting the 2 pop ups. Cannot print and no pages selected.

Frustrating.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bablukumar,

I also have the same problem. Can't print PDF files at more than one workstation in our Company.

Acrobat Pro DC 2017.009.20044

Windows 7 in a virtual desktop infrastucture

I tried everything to fick this problem but nothing works.

(sorry for the bad englisch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Macromedia Gmbh,

Please check your inbox and revert back to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bublukumar, we could still use some assistance.  We are still experiencing this problem on at least 30 units.

Secondly, is everyone with this issue deploying printers with Group Policy?  We have investigated this issue substantially and this is the last remaining question we have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bacterin1,

I have sent you message. Please revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bablukumar

A problem such as this, experienced by a multitude of people, should be fixed via a software update. Not bespoke individual fixes.

Kindly advise the community when Adobe have acknowledged, identified and resolved the issue globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi harley175517121,

Let me explain. There are different OS, numerous OS updates, different print drivers and different environment (virtual environment also). The cause of Print issue may be different for different customers. So we try to get logs from each customer and try to narrow down the cause of failure. A single fix cannot fix all the issues of different customers simultaneously. We have a procedure to follow, we get in contact with customer, get print logs from them, log their issues in our portal and start investigation and providing fixes.

We have solved many customer issues reported on this forum thread only.

Also request you to message me your contact details. We will get in touch with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a couple customers with rds/vworkspace, they all have the same issues.

When you print a pdf to a network printer nothing happened. No popup and nothing in de print queue.

Windows 2012 RDS with dell/vworkspace

Windows 2012r2 RDS with dell/vworkspace

Windows 2016 RDS with dell/vworkspace

different printers, different print drivers. Some deployed with group policy other with scripts, they all have the same issue randomly. When we delete and reconnect the printers, the issue solved.

How can we enable logging so we can send this to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are using Citrix XenApp 7.6 and  experiencing the same issues.

It started with Version 2015.023.20053, currently we are using 2017.009.20044.

We have a lot of users that randomly losing the print functionality and the jobs get lost without any visual feedback.

If I know how, I can provide log files.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@[RIT-Department]:

We have fixed similar print issues related to Citrix enviroment. Hopefully this issue will be fixed with adobe acrobat upcoming release.

If your issue is not resolved even after our upcoming release. We will get back to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

bablukumar​

we also have that problem - we can not print from Adobe Acrobat DC 2017.012.20093 intermittently. When it happens, the properties button of the printer dialog does nothing and clicking on "Print" has no result.

Our configuriation:

- The printers are on a Microsoft 2012R2 PrintServer; distributed by group policies to the client computers

- OS-Clients: Windows 7 x64 Prof. with roaming profiles

- Most printer names have more than ten characters; an example would be: SGT-BLA-009-1c

Has this ever been recognized by adobe as a real problem and can we expect a short term solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kekswork,

i have messaged you steps to enable print logging. Please share print logs with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bablukumar​,

I have sent you a (privat) message with the logfiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue..  nothing happens when end user hits print whether its to the network printers or if it is to the Adobe PDF Printer.  When they close and reopen adobe they are then able to print again.  Then after a few prints it stops working again.  Multiple Windows 7 pro PC's with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro fully updated and all printer drivers current. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

I have TWO machines, Windows 7 Pros who I updated to DC 2017 CC thinking that might solve the issue these two users are having with printing in Adobe. Again, same problem. We hit print, and the software does not show it spooling the print job nor does the printer show a job pending. In task manager, we show two instances of adobcef.exe running - neither of which you can terminate, you can terminate acrobat.exe, re-open the PDF and about 50% of the time it will print. This will work for about 1-2 print jobs then the same thing happens again. Like many on here, I upgraded thinking that issues might be resolved in later versions...it started to show up in our Version 2015 DC's from Dell. One user has this issue take place when scanning in a document and trying to re-print it.

I chatted with support and they had be go into the registry and trash the preferences... a fix I still question..

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-->
SOFTWARE -->Adobe-->

"Delete all entries for Acrobat"

Close and re-open Acrobat...

Now my one user is printing away, we tested four jobs and they all printed just fine. Could that be the fix? I sort of doubt it as I just don't trust Adobe right now. We also use VIPRE and I entered the exclusions someone posted and that did nothing to solve the problem. I also kind of agree with another poster that if the scanners were causing this, then it would be consistent on all my machines with this version of Adobe on it. I have three others with no issues ....yet (knocking on wood)

If anyone has newer fixes, that would be appreciated. And hoping that the above also helps someone!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues stated here!  Please help!!! [Private mail address removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, on all machines.

Download another free pdf reader and the problem is fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2017.012.20095 does not print PDFs from my iMac running El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines