Copied

Hi all,

Notebook MSI i5-8300 @2.30GHz

RAM: 16 GB

WIN11 x64 Home edition

Adobe CC licensed

AV: Bitdefender

Adobe Acrobat DC - up to date

In the last 18 months, I am experiencing an issue when I am exporting PDf to MS Word. This month I tried to uninstall Acrobat Dc and re-installed it. The error is even worse. Now, Acrobat DC is crashing when I try to export to MS Word. The names of the file and folders are disappearing. The desktop icons have a weird font. The only way I can view the names of the files and folders is to reboot the computer.

The error appears no matter what PDF file I try to export to MS Word.

All the other Adobe applications are working just fine.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Hi @sebdea 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Have you started experiencing this issue after the recent Acrobat Update to version 22.3.20310. Go to Help > About Acrobat.

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792082

You may also try to create a new test user

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you confrm that you have not installed or upgraded anything just before the issue started to appear?

Acrobat is not supposed to update anything in your core system.

Have you tried to re-apply a Windows theme or access the Personalisation options to overwrite the weird font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

There were some Adobe updates and Windows updates during those months. I also installed AbbyFineReader. I installed Recosoft (PDF2IND tool). But the errors were way before installing these new applications. Could it be related to the fact that I do not find Acrobat Reader on my Windows though the installer says it is installed? 

As you saw in the screenshots it is quite difficult to find anything in the menus when the text is absolutely missing.

The point is that after I reboot computer everything is back to normal until I try to export another PDF to MS Word using Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add more details regarding this issue.

In the beginning, the error appeared occasionally. Sometimes I could export a  PDF to MS Word without error. Sometimes I could export one PDf and when I exported the second PDF the error occurred BUT Acrobat DC exported the file to MS Word but could not open the MS Word file. The names of the files and folders disappeared as in the screenshots attached. After rebooting the computer everything was back to normal, I could open the MS Word file and edit as need it. Again, this error occurred occasionally.

After I uninstalled and re-installed the Acrobat DC the exporting engine just freeze and it does not export at all.

I can scan documents using Acrobat DC, I can print them from Acrobat DC. I cannot export them to any Office file type.

The Office is also licensed, I have an Office 365 license for which I am paying a monthly subscription. All Office applications are up-to-date.

The only outside intervention on my computer was done almost two years ago when I had an issue with Deja-Vu, a CAT Tool used by one translating agency. but that error was related to the fact that after an Adobe InDesign upgrade, I could not import IDML files to Deja-Vu. The technician from Deja-Vu asked for my permission to fix the issue. After that, I could import IDML files to Deja-Vu.

I cannot make a connection between that date and Adobe Acrobat exporting errors.

I scanned my computer for any viruses and I found none. I am not downloading pirated applications, games, music or movies nor do I browse adult websites. I am the only one using this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sebdea 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Have you started experiencing this issue after the recent Acrobat Update to version 22.3.20310. Go to Help > About Acrobat.

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, it is not working. I tried to repair the installation. No improvements. I even tried resetting preferences. No improvements.

Regards,

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sebdea 

Would you mind collecting the Adobe crash logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  , Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share the logs via any cloud storage? Just upload the logs to any cloud storage > create the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I am not sure whether I followed the exact steps for AcroMonitor, because all *.dmp files have 0 kb.

Hope the other logs will help you. Here is the link to all the possible logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4m1jkoqb9dpgx9t/AADUDg1v8rF5PNnGChQS3yw3a?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sebdea 

I am not able to access the logs as the page says the item was deleted.

Amal_0-1674127658558.pngAmal_1-1674127672096.png

Would you mind trying again to collect the logs and share them?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sebdea 

Thanks for the logs. Our engineering team is working on the issue and would also require a sample PDF file which is causing the issue as it's not reproducible at our end.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not A PDF file. ANY PDF file I am trying to export generates this error and the export engine freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the required sample PDF file. I have shared the same with the development team for review. will share the update as soon as I get any info.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completely reinstalled Windows. At this stage, I noticed the following:

1. I am able to save a PDF file to MS Word or any Office file type.

2. When I opened Adobe Acrobat I was asked to set Acrobat as the default application for opening PDF files.  Horror. Adobe Acrobat just stuck, showed me a transparent grey window, and stop do anything. After waiting 14 minutes, I quit Adobe Acrobat and selected a PDF, Properties, and set the default application as Adobe Acrobat.

SET-ADOBE-21-41.png

SET-ADOBE-21-55.png

3. Someone on this forum said I can e-sign any PDF document using Adobe Acrobat. WRONG. After waiting 10 minutes for Adobe Acrobat to do something, I quit Adobe Acrobat.

e-sign-10-36.png

e-sign-10-46.png

So, after a complete installation of Windows and all Adobe products, Adobe Acrobat still works like hell. Apparently, you have no suggestions or a solution.

Thank you for your help (?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All

The new version of Adobe Acrobat (23.01.2006x) is now available, addressing this issue.

Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines