• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC updater error 1406 (internet explorer toolbar registry update fails)

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our office is having this problem for several years now, now that we have many Acrobat DC installations, it's time to address it once for all.

On all Window 10 PCs, Acrobat DC updater fails with error 1406 (writing a....  value to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar) 

We usually resort to re-install Acrobat DC. No one uses Internet explorer anymore, so wondering if this is a backward compatibility strategy for Adobe. Unfortunately, this is creating more trouble for IT admins. 

Anyone faced this problem and can share their experience to resolve it? 

Acrobat installl Error - 2020-10-24 10_24_09-Settings.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

As you have mentioned you are getting 'Error 1406' while trying to install Acrobat, please try the troubleshooting steps shared in the following help document to resolve this issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-1402-error-1406-acrobat.html.

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bani Verma, 

Unfortunately, i have tried this very old solution to no avail. 

I think Acrobat is trying to inject a toolbar into internet explorer which i am unable to understand why. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have a fix? Seeing this same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it has something to do with this box being checked during the initial installation? I realize that is for Reader but I've seen the same thing in installations through CC.

JainLemos_0-1625160928181.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines