• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC using 20GB of disk space

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems awfully high.  Why would the program be using 20GB of space?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It uses only 5 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Henryk,

Acrobat DC doesn't occupies this much of disk space. If your is 20GB then there's something wrong. May be you have got a lot of updates, each update  least adds 3x its download size.

If you get a lot of updates, then uninstall the application once and reinstall. And the one latest update, will reduce disk storage space.

You can use cleaner tool to remove application: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

For more details about the system requirements of Acrobat DC, you may refer to this article: Adobe Acrobat system requirements, supported platforms

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you say 20gb is something wrong, then how about my 60GB?

Ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep man mine is taking a freaking 80gb of storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know how you are measuring how much space Acrobat uses, but if you are looking at the Windows Program & Features control panel, be aware that its Size information is notoriously inaccurate. On all my Windows 10 x64 systems, the latest full installation of Acrobat Pro DC uses less than 2.25GB including all the extra plug-ins I have installed as well as configuration files. (Note that Program & Features control panel on these same systems claims 8.26GB. What may be happening is that this control panel keeps a running score of the space used by all files installed without taking into account that the updaters delete the older, pre-updated files as part of their cleanup.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dov Issacs,

henryk24907985 was absolutely right, I tried to install Adobe Acrobat DC twice and it was stuck twice and after every attempt 20 GB of my hard drive was taken even though installation didn't fully complete, because some installation issues. I went through all folders and deleted all adobe remaning files mannualy also uninstalled what managed to install until it got stuck.

After all procedures I still missing 40 GB of memory after 2 attemps to install so 20 GB by each attemp was taken somehow from my harddrive. Can you please advise ASAP how to get my harddrive space back?????? I need my space back ASAP please as it is absolutely awful !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 60GB.  I just noticed this and am shocked and amused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does you see this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines