• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC using huge amounts of memory while doing nothing

Advisor ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong with Acrobat?!? It is using a huge chunk of memory while doing nothing. I work on one or two files and all of a sudden Acrobat exhibits behavior of memory leak. Brings everything to a grinding standstill on my Mac workstation. I end up having to force quite to do anything. This has become a real issue.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much memory, exactly? What version of Acrobat DC (not "latest" please).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC the most current Creative Cloud has.

Version 2019.012.20036

Notice it says 36.03 Gigs

This occurs not when I have some monstrously large file open, but when the program is idle. After a certain time the program will become non-responsive and have to be force quit.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 12.56.28 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's certainly excessive. It's very rare Acrobat gets over a gigabyte. Do you have any third party plug-ins installed? If so, try disabling them and see if it gets better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pitstop is installed. I will disable and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled the plug-ins and still the issue persists.

To resolve I had to do a clean uninstall (The adobe CC Desktop was incapable of actually uninstalling Acrobat) using AdobeAcroCleanerTool from a third party site. Thanks Adobe. Then did a clean install and all seems to be working now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eek! From a third party site? I'd recommend wiping your system clean and starting again, that's the fastest way to get malware.

Adobe have such a tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs but what you downloaded could have had hidden "extras".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines